talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 2-5th August, 2019

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, tlr said:

Season's not even a day old yet and I'm sick of the BBC and Sky's perpetual hard on over Salford. We've got another nine months and beyond of this. Still convinced the League Cup draw was rigged so Sky could jizz themselves inside out.

Me and a couple of mates of mine said they would draw Leeds a while before the draw was made. It's far too convenient.

I'm the same, can't be arsed with it. It's really not that good a story.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

If there's one way I can sum up this opening day of the Championship, it's that I know of a last man standing involving 138 people and as it stands, only 17 are going through, and if Swansea concede that becomes 5 xD

Classic start to the season really, disappointing to lose but realistically we created enough chances to score at least 2 goals and probably should’t have conceded. Just one of those games I guess.

We we’re without Nørgaard, Mokotjo, Maupay, Benrahma and new sighing Joel Valencia. Sub bench was made entirely of B team players. Disappointing we were so light as that’s down to the transfer window. I’ll be happy once it’s closed.

Birmingham fans will be happy but I don’t think either sides will finish the season the way it’s started today.

• Subscriber

I'm going to try and resurface as an attempted Cambridge Utd fan in this section this season. Today we started the season with the only 0-0 draw in the football league at Bradford. Not a terrible start with ten men for the last half hour or so.

It seems like just yesterday that Bradford were in the top flight and on FIFA 2000 I was editing all their players to become Cambridge players so that I could play as them on FIFA, back when you could only play as Premier League sides.

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm going to try and resurface as an attempted Cambridge Utd fan in this section this season. Today we started the season with the only 0-0 draw in the football league at Bradford. Not a terrible start with ten men for the last half hour or so.

It seems like just yesterday that Bradford were in the top flight and on FIFA 2000 I was editing all their players to become Cambridge players so that I could play as them on FIFA, back when you could only play as Premier League sides.

Why Cambridge? Are they local or did you just randomly choose them? 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived