talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 2-5th August, 2019

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will take that.

Away to a fellow promotion hopeful and for the best part of 75mins, dominated and smashed them away from home.

The one thing you knew we would be is ready for this game. Fitness wise, we looked on it and I don't think Bristol City could quite live with that intensity.

Positives?

Pablo Hernandez. Just doesn't seem to age. He was the classiest player on the pitch.

Kalvin Phillips spraying passes all over the shop, just ridiculous. It looks like we've won the fight to keep him and that was massive. One of the best midfielders in the Championship.

Ben White filled Pontus Jansson's boots with a fantastic debut. Cool, calm amd assured. So classy with the ball at his feet. Early impressions are good.

I've been very critical of Bamford but he battled well today and got on the scoresheet so fair play to him for that.

Jack Harrison was also very busy and despite his end product being hit and miss, he was very industrious and a menace throughout.

Less said about the keeper the better. Absolute car crash and he will cost us points. Don't care if he can play with the ball at his feet, I just want a keeper to do what they are meant to do. Full stop.

Lots of unrest at the club at the mo because on paper we are weaker, and haven't replaced players despite bringing in a substantial amount of money in player sales. Roofe the latest, which again is a massive loss and one we simply have to replace.

But at least we laid down a good marker today. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived