talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

International Champions Cup

football forum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do people actually take these seriously? I've always just considered it just another pre-season tournament. Honestly, I sort of hate how money has transformed football so much that even pre-season, which should be focused on getting players match fit, has become an international commodity like the rest of the sport.

I suppose it's nice for the foreign glory hunters to get to see "their" team, but it's a bit shit for the players tbh.

I don't think anyone that is not a glory hunter new to football particularly cares about winning it, but I think it's a good competition to test your level and see what needs improvement in your side as it's usually played against decent competition. Better than battering some non league side 15-0.

Atletico actually enjoyable to watch for a change. They're playing at twice the speed Real Madrid are. Just pre season but you don't want the scoreline to get embarrassing against your rival.

4-0 after 27 minutes.

50 minutes ago, Machado said:

Atletico actually enjoyable to watch for a change. They're playing at twice the speed Real Madrid are. Just pre season but you don't want the scoreline to get embarrassing against your rival.

4-0 after 27 minutes.

My boy Lodi and your gajo Felix seem to have a really good chemistry. It´ll be nice to watch those two during the season.

Preseason results are not important, but I think this one here could have significant consequences to how Real Madrid acts in the transfer window.

Knowing Florentino, I can definitely see him using this to push Neymar down Zidane´s throat.

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

#ZidaneOut

Laugh my arse off if he has a crap season.... He walked away when he knew Ronaldo was going and it all sort of fell apart only for him to come back offering his 'white knight' savior services as long as the club spent heavily.. 

4 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Let's echo all over about such an important game like this pre season friendly 9_9 it got more attention from you than your club missing out the CL five years and counting while becoming the first club to spend a billion during the same span of time while already having the greatest player of all time...must be a new trend for all cules to act hypocritical. 

Quote me

8 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Cant find the video right now but the Barcelona fan at the derby madrileño, that was holding up the messi Jersey while walking up the stands during a match that didnt feature Barcelona deserved more than the dozens of drinks thrown at him.... I'm never for violence but in this case I wouldn't had mind that fan getting his face stomp on the concretesteps! ddisrespectful and uncalled for. 

Where are you from bruv?

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I'm from mexico but raised in Alabama. B|

Speaking of Mexico, where would be the best parts to visit? Apart from Cancun as that is too fucking common and everybody goes there xD. Saying that, I bet it'd still be good there though.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

crime infested place and corrupt goverment/cops... none of it is worth visiting right now. 

I wouldn't be so harsh. Peru is not as dangerous as Mexico for example but it's still very dangerous and corrupt, yet I'd still say it's worth visiting. The already high crime rates have skyrocketed in Peru since the Venezuelans have come in

Archived