• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Boys

football forum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Watched the pilot yesterday... Well actually had it running in the background while working.

A few laughs here and there; also refreshing to see Superheroes being pricks but overall not my cup of tea.

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Watched the pilot yesterday... Well actually had it running in the background while working.

A few laughs here and there; also refreshing to see Superheroes being pricks but overall not my cup of tea.

Just watched the first episode and don't think I laughed once... maybe the odd smirk here and there but still enjoyed it

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Just watched the first episode and don't think I laughed once... maybe the odd smirk here and there but still enjoyed it

Maybe I'm just easily amused...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I found something deeply disturbing about it... having superheroes that like everyone else without superpowers can be absolute cunts.. 

I found that refreshing... Not a fan of superhero movies (with a very few exceptions) so I liked their approach to it.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I found that refreshing... Not a fan of superhero movies (with a very few exceptions) so I liked their approach to it.

That's what I liked about it.. It won't be the first time the flawed superhero angle will have been explored but to have a bunch of them that are just pretty much arseholes has me rooting for their downfall already.. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Watched the third episode last night and there is a bit in it that @MUFC would probably drool over... disgusting.. xD

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know exactly which scene you're talking about xD

I think I'll skip episode 3 then xD 

Well episode 4 was interesting... after the plane scene you really are hoping that Homelander gets his big time... and what the hell was going on with that dolphin.. xD

There sure is some weird shit going on in this but very enjoyable to watch.. 

15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well episode 4 was interesting... after the plane scene you really are hoping that Homelander gets his big time... and what the hell was going on with that dolphin.. xD

There sure is some weird shit going on in this but very enjoyable to watch.. 

Yeah that's where I left off last night as well. The dolphin scene was fucking hilarious.

Enjoying the show, pretty interested to see what'll happen.

On 01/08/2019 at 08:07, Mel81x said:

I remember reading these comics a long time ago and they were okayish hope the show keeps up the dark tone. Will give this a watch.

Pretty dark in places I would say... it tends to swing from something dark and serious like the plane scene to something comical like the Dolphin scene.. such a mix it keeps you on your toes.... talking of toes have you seen episode 3 yet @nudge?? 

I watched episode 6 last night and my son pointed out something to me I never would have guessed in a million years.. That Mesmer ( left of picture for those that don't watch the show ) is actually Haley Joel Osment.. the kid out of Sixth Sense... :o

View image on Twitter

Image result for Haley Joel Osment

I would never have guessed that in a million years... How fucking old am I like.. xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Pretty dark in places I would say... it tends to swing from something dark and serious like the plane scene to something comical like the Dolphin scene.. such a mix it keeps you on your toes.... talking of toes have you seen episode 3 yet @nudge?? 

I watched episode 6 last night and my son pointed out something to me I never would have guessed in a million years.. That Mesmer ( left of picture for those that don't watch the show ) is actually Haley Joel Osment.. the kid out of Sixth Sense... :o

View image on Twitter

I would never have guessed that in a million years... How fucking old am I like.. xD

I liked it but that ending oh that ending. Anyways, HJO has come a long way from the looks of things. Finished watching the entire season and am looking forward to Season 2 now which I heard has already been funded.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

View image on Twitter

Wait what??? The Sixth Sense was released TWENTY years ago? I refuse to believe that xD 

And no, I haven't xD Do not intend to, either :P 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

And no, I haven't xD Do not intend to, either :P 

You have to though... there is s vital bit of information in that scene that is essential you don't miss or the following episodes will not make any sense??? honestly just get it done... 

Archived