• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Boys

football forum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I feel like they could have added a bit more content to this week's episode but its nice where its all headed now. 

What I find odd is that Butcher took the V and was as strong as Homelander which made no sense to me considering Homelander has been squashing other supes for a while now so why not Butcher too. Also, if any supe survived that blast from Soldier Boy would they have their powers negated now?

@Mel81x

Spoiler

I think that's why Homelander is getting nervous... Don't know if Soldier Boy had that Power to start with or it's new due to the extra experimentation they were doing on him.. Butcher seemed to hint at that possibility. I do love this show, just as you think they get rid of a really nasty one in Stormfront then up pops another one posing problems... 

I think V when taken matches the user’s traits. Butcher is a very headstrong individual so it isn’t at all surprising V makes him Homelander’s equal. Assuming all of those who survived Soldier Boy’s direct blast will have lost their powers. 

What an episode though. Best to date. This really is becoming one of my favorites series ever. 

• Subscriber

I like how over-the-top this show is compared to the literature. What's even more interesting is the casting, Homelander is someone you just want to punch in the face, but you know you can't because well he'd rip you a new one without even blinking. 

What's even more entertaining is how the side-acts like Ashley who has this weird internal control need and does things like pulling her hair out and then taking folks for a ride and randomly screaming just turns into a pussy cat with Homelander while Stan never lets things out and can talk down to Homelander like he's just another employee. 

Great casting. 

• Subscriber

Today's episode was a bit of a slow burner for me but having said that there were some very interesting things that happened and I think the nightmares have bigger ramifications than just what they showed at the end of the episode.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I need to watch this show because all my fucking friends keep telling me I need to watch it.

Can't believe you have never seen it.... Get on it!! 

We need more wholesome videos like this. Not just negativity in the media. - 9GAG

If only America had a true hero like Homelander the world would be a far shittier place.. B|

On 01/07/2022 at 06:02, Mel81x said:

Today's episode was a bit of a slow burner for me but having said that there were some very interesting things that happened and I think the nightmares have bigger ramifications than just what they showed at the end of the episode.

After Episode 6, it was always going to be calm I think. I wasn't sold on all the cartoon stuff with Black Noir, that was a bit too weird for me.

But it's set up now for a good finale so we'll see if they can end this season well. 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Lucas said:

After Episode 6, it was always going to be calm I think. I wasn't sold on all the cartoon stuff with Black Noir, that was a bit too weird for me.

But it's set up now for a good finale so we'll see if they can end this season well. 

Think they took a weird approach as they do with everything in this show about showing a narrative without using actual footage. And you're right its going to be calm now as they setup for the end.

Bit disappointed with that finale. 

The Soldier Boy story arc has been fantastic, but now it feels like they are unnecessarily stretching things to ensure you get two or three more seasons, instead of just one. They could and should have bumped off one, if not two, characters in that final episode, which would have allowed them to make the next season the final season. The OTT graphic action is quickly losing its shock value.

There is a real danger this series will become stale, instead of finishing it and being remembered as something brilliant.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Bit disappointed with that finale. 

The Soldier Boy story arc has been fantastic, but now it feels like they are unnecessarily stretching things to ensure you get two or three more seasons, instead of just one. They could and should have bumped off one, if not two, characters in that final episode, which would have allowed them to make the next season the final season. The OTT graphic action is quickly losing its shock value.

There is a real danger this series will become stale, instead of finishing it and being remembered as something brilliant.

Have to agree here. I wanted more of a get rid of characters which they kind of did with Maeve and some of the others but the closure on Homelander and Soldier Boy was a bit weird. At the end when they spun the civil sentiment towards the violence shown it fell a little flat for me honestly. We left that entire season which got to such a high with all the tension created with nothing to show really.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the shows i wasn't keen on starting to watch but i was so wrong. It is fun, funny, serious, bloody, dark all in the same show. The cast was also picked so well especially Butcher and Homelander, plus the addition to Soldier Boy who in my opinion outshined them both so expected a better ending for him (even though it didn't end). Only "negative" remark is that they are revolving around the same story, meaning the finals are similar. No one dies and they just keep chasing the same goals. Not sure how long before people start getting bored of the finals. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished Season 2 last night. What a series! I love it. The action, the twists, the humour, the acting (especially the guy who plays Homelander). 

That scene where Maeve, Annie and Kimiko beat up Stromfront together was amazing. Also hearing Annie say "Eat my shit, you nazi bitch" had me in stitches.

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Anthony Starr... 

The Boys Smile GIF by Amazon Prime Video

he also played Sherriff Hood in Banshee which I also highly recommend.. 

antony starr banshee GIF by Cinemax

I always wanted to give Banshee a go, mainly because I'm a fan of Tom Pelphrey, but I could never find it on any of the streaming platforms I subscribe to. 

The actress who plays Annie looks so different in Season 3. She had that pretty girl next door look in the previous seasons, and now she looks quite generic with all the plastic surgery she had done. I mean, she can do whatever she wants to, but there was absolutely no need for it. 🥲

Erin-Moriarty-Weight-Loss-After-Before.j

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Season 3 last night. What a series. Gory as shit, funny, full of twists, some great flawed yet charismatic characters. How has Antony Starr not won an Emmy yet? That's a crime. 

But my favourite characters were probably MM and the Frenchie/Kimiko duo. 

Archived