talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga - 2019/20 Chat

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wernt to sure where to post this so I stuck it in here.

I'me not sure the goalie meant to do this and it was just an accident, it went in the goal and to me he slung his hand around in disgust and...well...the other guy just happened to be on the end of a mistimed punch to his bollocks. shrug.gif

7 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Wernt to sure where to post this so I stuck it in here.

I'me not sure the goalie meant to do this and it was just an accident, it went in the goal and to me he slung his hand around in disgust and...well...the other guy just happened to be on the end of a mistimed punch to his bollocks. shrug.gif

Ha - yeah, that was posted just a few posts above yours. 

Certainly a crazy weekend in the second division. 

• Administrator

Bochum leading Nurnberg 3-1 with 15+ mins to go.

Nurnberg have worked their way back in to the game and it should be 3-2. Bad VAR call which favoured Bochum. Nurnberg winger crossed it in. 1 attacker was offside and tried an overhead kick but didn't touch it. Another behind him was onside and headed it in but it was disallowed.

• Subscriber

Saw that Bochum Nurnberg game. VAR saved them from another spectacular collapse. They've been properly shit this season - cannot hold a lead to save their life (bar VAR).

I am possibly going over in February when they play Stuttgart. Few mates of mine going to their game in a fortnight against Osnabruck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

This Schmidt kid is playing a blinder, so I got curious and much to my chagrin, I learn he is a Bremen loanee. Balls. 

He's a talented kid but had some problems with his attitude in the past. Looks like he's finally maturing and sorting himself out! One more year at Osnabrück and he should be ready for the top tier football. If we don't get relegated in the meantime, that is xD 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did any of you catch any of the Stuttgart matches this season with Nat Phillips playing at the back for him? Looks like he's on his way back from loan to us and... well I really have no idea about him really, other than he was fairly highly rated by Klopp but then sent out on loan.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did any of you catch any of the Stuttgart matches this season with Nat Phillips playing at the back for him? Looks like he's on his way back from loan to us and... well I really have no idea about him really, other than he was fairly highly rated by Klopp but then sent out on loan.

Didn't follow Stuttgart this season, but checked his stats. He played in 9 out of 18 league matches so far, 7 times as a member of the starting XI. He was substituted once and played very little in both of Stuttgart's cup matches. That's not terrible but doesn't read as if he'd set the league on fire.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Stan said:

and now Bochum in the lead. Johajjanjajajajajaapalo with the potential winner...

Hamburg* :P 

Completely missed that they signed Pohjanpalo. :o Ex-Fortuna striker. Very frequent visitor of Düsseldorf's night clubs. :ph34r:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hamburg* :P 

Completely missed that they signed Pohjanpalo. :o Ex-Fortuna striker. Very frequent visitor of Düsseldorf's night clubs. :ph34r:

Oops yep. Finished 3-1 and could have been 4 if Jatta hadn't missed an open goal somehow.

I remember when he signed for Leverkusen (?) - highly rated at that time?

Just now, Stan said:

I remember when he signed for Leverkusen (?) - highly rated at that time?

Yes, definitely. And 7 goals in 13 appearances for Leverkusen aren't bad statistics, but he had some problems with injuries and regaining his form. 

38 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yes, definitely. And 7 goals in 13 appearances for Leverkusen aren't bad statistics, but he had some problems with injuries and regaining his form. 

Yes, Hamburg decided to loan Pohjanpalo from Leverkusen after they refused to cough up a mere 5 million Euros for Slovak star striker Robert Bozenik. Bozenik joined Feyenoord instead as the Dutch side decided not to be as stingy as Hamburg and paid the money for the kid who has a lot of potential.

Pohjanpalo is actually a very good centre forward, it's only injuries that have held him back so far in his career. Hopefully he can now really fulfil his potential at Hamburg and for Finland at this summers European Championships.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived