talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga - 2019/20 Chat

Just now, Michael said:

Hamburg have been terrible in this first half, Sandhausen should really be 3 or 4 goals up given the chances that they have been gifted. Hopefully Hecking gives them a kick up the arse at half time and they actually come out to play football in the second half. >:(

It's true, I'm amazed they haven't finished on either of those two recent opportunities. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Behrens fluffed a golden chance to get his hattrick there, right at the end of the half. He miskicked his shot and kicked the ball skywards. 

Yeah I went from facepalm and "fuuuuu-" to laughter in a split second. Total shadenfreude, admittedly, after him likely sealing our tomb for another year. 

12 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

Yeah I went from facepalm and "fuuuuu-" to laughter in a split second. Total shadenfreude, admittedly, after him likely sealing our tomb for another year. 

Yeah at 0-2 down, you still have a chance in the 2nd half, provided Hamburg play to the high standards they have played in other games this season. At 0-3 down, you'd think that it's all over and very little chance of a comeback. 

To be fair, Hamburg started ok, with Pohjanpalo having a dangerous chance early on. However, after Behrens scored Sandhausen's first goal in the 13th minute, it's been all Sandhausen. Harnik had a very good chance near the end with his shot being blocked, but Hamburg need to drastically improve in the 2nd half if they want that play-off place.

If Arminia Bielefeld hold on to their lead and beat Heidenheim, then even a draw for Hamburg today would be enough for them to secure a play-off spot. Hamburg have a much better goal difference compared to Heidenheim, so if they end up level on points, Hamburg will finish in 3rd spot. So it's vital for Hamburg to score those much needed two goals without conceding again.

1 minute ago, Chadwell said:

Ah, Stephan Ambrosius. My God, he looked like a kid a year ago. 

Yeah, clearly brought on to improve the defence, after it was pretty porous in that first half.

Arminia Bielefeld score a 3rd goal through Clauss, after he broke past the defence and finished with a neat shot. There was lovely build up play to that goal, before Clauss was put through on goal.

Arminia Bielefeld 3-0 Heidenheim

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Hamburg are playing much better in this 2nd half, but they do need to keep an eye on Behrens when Sandhausen counter attack.

All true. Fortunately, Behrens looks a bit gassed. Hopefully I won't be biting my tongue later. 

• Subscriber

It's a pity, was kinda looking forward to a Nordderby... That said, it probably for the best, as in the worst case scenario, I would rather be relegated by Heidenheim than by HSV, haha.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's a pity, was kinda looking forward to a Nordderby... That said, it probably for the best, as in the worst case scenario, I would rather be relegated by Heidenheim than by HSV, haha.

Yes, I wanted the Nordderby in the play-offs, but I think that Werder will get the better of Heidenheim. Arminia Bielefeld dominated them today and I can see Werder Bremen doing the same in the first leg of the play-offs.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived