talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga - 2019/20 Chat

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's true, past experiences of shelling out money on flops such as Nicolai Muller and Lasogga will make Hamburg wary of potential new signings. But having watched Bozenik, I have to say I have been impressed. He has been excellent every time I have watched him for Slovakia. But no doubt that Hamburg didn't want to spend too much on a young player coming from the modest Slovakian league. I am sure though that Bozenik will be a real hit in Holland.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

That's true, past experiences of shelling out money on flops such as Nicolai Muller and Lasogga will make Hamburg wary of potential new signings. But having watched Bozenik, I have to say I have been impressed. He has been excellent every time I have watched him for Slovakia. But no doubt that Hamburg didn't want to spend too much on a young player coming from the modest Slovakian league. I am sure though that Bozenik will be a real hit in Holland.

Haha exactly. There have been enough burns in the Volkparkstadion in recent years to scourge the Black Forest. Unfortunately, they just can't gamble on signings like this. 

I must admit, I'm intrigued by your report on the player though. Will certainly be one I'll keep an eye on in the future. In the meantime, I can only hope HSV get back to a point such that they can look to sign promising young players from around Europe once again. 

12 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

Haha exactly. There have been enough burns in the Volkparkstadion in recent years to scourge the Black Forest. Unfortunately, they just can't gamble on signings like this. 

I must admit, I'm intrigued by your report on the player though. Will certainly be one I'll keep an eye on in the future. In the meantime, I can only hope HSV get back to a point such that they can look to sign promising young players from around Europe once again. 

I think that HSV probably did the best thing in loaning Pohjanpalo. I am a big fan of his and I think he can do a real positive job in helping Hamburg getting promoted, provided he stays injury free.

Bozenik is much younger and he looks like a kid with real potential. He already impressed me at international level, although I haven't seen much of him at club level. So he would of been a gamble of sorts I suppose, but he's just impressed me every time I've watched him play for Slovakia. I think that he's already good enough to make a success of himself in the Dutch league and maybe a club such as Feyenoord is the best stepping stone at this stage in his career. 

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

Bochum are just awful. Another spectacular collapse from them which has become the norm. The Bochum lot I know are convinced they're going down.

Yeah, Bochum have been very poor this season. I wonder if the Greek international defender Lambropoulos, whom they loaned from La Coruna in January, can tighten their defence. He didn't play today, but he has plenty of experience and he could help their cause to avoid the dreaded drop.

But yeah, long gone are the days of Dariusz Wosz at the Ruhrstadion. They could do with a class player like him right now, that's for sure.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Yes but at 1-0 at the half way stage not really much to excite - probably wait for 8.30 and Coronation Street:eek:

Would be nice if St Pauli could turn up and make a game of it. 

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

My post was only a test to check if @Chadwell is still lurking in the shadows :ph34r:

Had contact with him recently after my visit to NC - he is maxi busy work and new horizons wise so I don't expect that he will be adding much - but sure he will be reading rather than posting as this area is not one you can forget or ignore easily once you have made the sort of contacts we have on here. Out of sight is not out of mind and anyway St Pauli seem to be sorting themselves out so back to the action......

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Had contact with him recently after my visit to NC - he is maxi busy work and new horizons wise so I don't expect that he will be adding much - but sure he will be reading rather than posting as this area is not one you can forget or ignore easily once you have made the sort of contacts we have on here. Out of sight is not out of mind and anyway St Pauli seem to be sorting themselves out so back to the action......

He just posted in this thread xD 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

Haha yeah I'm not goin' anywhere. Indeed very busy in the midst of a significant career change which requires yet another degree, but never too busy to lurk around here and swoop to defend den HSV's good name from you lot! :D

HSV should bottle it again and then maybe we can have a Nordderby in 2. Liga next season :35_thinking:

Good luck with your career change!

My daughter is unwell after a freezing weekend in Charlotte and just missing the beautiful NC weather last week!  I gather nudge and co are getting the same which caused Man City and Gladbach to call off their games this weekend. As for HSV they are still missing Kyriakos and his move to Chinaland is def off so he says he  is getting fit to help out - and while we were on about all this Kiel have scored again

• The topic was unpinned

Archived