• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Staff Changes

football forum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Batard said:

Hold up, hold up. Firstly, everyone on the staffing team doesn't actively go out of their way to be a whopper. On any given day any of us can be a whopper. Also none of us get paid for this lark, we do it because we enjoy it. Cannabis decided the time was right for him to leave and focus on his life outside of the forum, so having a pop at him after the event is a bit disingenuous. I didn't always agree with Cannabis, nor he with me but I respect everything he did for this forum. He drove activity. Whether you liked it or not, his drive to make this place a success is a reason we're still here as a forum. It's a loss to the community that he isn't here.

I’m not going to turn it into an argument. He was, for the majority of his time here, a sound lad. For the last year or so, he was a complete dickhead, for whatever reason. 

It was abundantly clear, however, that he was not treated the same as other posters on here past and present, as you’ve proven with your post. Posting a load and being an admin shouldn’t have had such a bearing. 

Anyway, he’s gone. He might come back, he might not. Hope he’s alright. 

• Subscriber

Wish him all the best whether he decides to come back or not. Never had any problems with him myself. Can't imagine if it IS something going on in his life that he would feel particularly great about coming back reading some of these comments!

5 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Wish him all the best whether he decides to come back or not. Never had any problems with him myself. Can't imagine if it IS something going on in his life that he would feel particularly great about coming back reading some of these comments!

He’s got thicker skin than that. 2007, I raged at anyone and everyone. You get older, you realise 99.9% of people you come across on the internet matter not a jot in the grand scheme of things.

I’ve currently got a wife with a heart condition, 2 kids that drive me nuts and a mother who this year alone has broken her hip, arm, severed her brachial artery and is currently undergoing radiotherapy at Clatterbridge for secondary mets in her spine, meaning she can’t walk. The forum keeps me sane (at times), but nobody has a clue what anyone from a relative noob to the most experienced member of staff is going through. Maybe if we all took a second of our time to think about what the other person might be going through, the world would be a better place.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s got thicker skin than that. 2007, I raged at anyone and everyone. You get older, you realise 99.9% of people you come across on the internet matter not a jot in the grand scheme of things.

I’ve currently got a wife with a heart condition, 2 kids that drive me nuts and a mother who this year alone has broken her hip, arm, severed her brachial artery and is currently undergoing radiotherapy at Clatterbridge for secondary mets in her spine, meaning she can’t walk. The forum keeps me sane (at times), but nobody has a clue what anyone from a relative noob to the most experienced member of staff is going through. Maybe if we all took a second of our time to think about what the other person might be going through, the world would be a better place.

Totally agree. We all have our demons and shit going on behind closed doors. I know for a fact that this place has been a safe haven for me this year.

15 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah - I absolutely second this. I know I had my few shares of moments where I took things on here too seriously, but while I'm blessed with a healthy wife and daughter, it puts things in perspective. TF365 is my release, my happy place where I can talk about things that my wife doesn't give two shits about, joke, kid, and hang out with people from around the world. 

At this stage in my life, if TF365 morphed into anything other than that, than I'd leave it without a second thought. 

We've all had out melting moments, so I'm not sure why people keep attacking one member or the other, when in acutality I'm sure we have members that don't have it as good as me at home, and therefore use this place as a different kind of release and escape from their personal demons..the truth is, we don't know what's going on, but if you are a decent human, you have to realize that we are all here to enjoy a sport, and if there are more demons you are dealing, we've hopefully created an enviroment where you can reach out to staff, or discuss it in one of the threads we have (if you wish to discuss it). 

Lord know I have a few personal threads on WhatsApp with members that are going through different issues, because I've hit my low before, and I know all I wanted was someone to listen. 

We should be wishing the best for our brother, Cannabis, instead of pointing out all the times he may have lost his cool. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

BREAKING NEWS - TRANSFER UPDATE

d77ace132cb2d812ce5398dda48b35aa.jpg?139

We understand it's out of the transfer window but after negotiating a fee (which will remain undisclosed), we would like to welcome our latest signing to the Staff team.

@Dr. Gonzo:D 

You will all be glad to know you now have one less member to beat in the Member of the Month competitions.

Staff voted and saw Dr. (not his real first name, wtf) as a prime candidate to join our Moderating team. He brings with him a wealth of experience in TF365 forum matters and we look forward to him working with us and putting in some stellar performance on the pitch.

Welcome, sir!

giphy.gif

• The topic was unpinned

Archived