talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-1p Man City - Community Shield - Sunday 4th August, 2019

football forum

7 hours ago, True Blue said:

Missed the game but seen the extended highlights. Tought Liverpool did enough to win chance win and the penalties are always a lottery. Think again this season it will be super tight between these two teams.

Always tickles me this xD  ..if they did enough to win, they would of won ;)  ..the reason they didn't win was because Mo Salad couldn't shoot for shit yesterday and Bravo saved a pen  ..on our side, we didn't win in normal time because Sterling & Sane both missed sitters and we was fucked by 50mins ..lucky for us we have an easy start to the season to get back to 100% fitness 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I did think for all the talk of Liverpool playing well, they were playing a fairly risky high line and a sharper City with Sane and Aguero would have really punished them. Sterling missed that sitter which I thought would have been flagged offside by VAR, then there was the obvious other chance Sterling messed up, and a few occasions where City got through the midfield but fucked up 3v3 sort of situations.

Liverpool didn't look far off though. Even without Mane and Firmino they were causing City real problems. I don't think the start of the season will be as difficult for them as some have made out due to all of their front three being active internationally well into the summer.

I still find it odd that City haven't signed a centre back. Laporte is good, but Stones and Otamendi aren't reliable. Kompany made a big difference in big games even when he got pretty old, and they haven't replaced that. It's been said 100 times in the transfer rumours section but they should have been all over De Ligt, no question about it.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I still find it odd that City haven't signed a centre back. Laporte is good, but Stones and Otamendi aren't reliable. Kompany made a big difference in big games even when he got pretty old, and they haven't replaced that. It's been said 100 times in the transfer rumours section but they should have been all over De Ligt, no question about it.

We tried to sign De Ligt but him and his agent wanted really silly money. doesn't look like Pep had a plan B in mind but we are thinking about Ake

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We tried to sign De Ligt but him and his agent wanted really silly money. doesn't look like Pep had a plan B in mind but we are thinking about Ake

Don't Bournemouth value Ake at a ridiculous £70m or something? Have seen him linked with Arsenal and Leicester this summer but both scared off by the fee, depending on who you believe.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Don't Bournemouth value Ake at a ridiculous £70m or something? Have seen him linked with Arsenal and Leicester this summer but both scared off by the fee, depending on who you believe.

I might be wrong but think we have been quoted £40 million, got that number in my head 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Depends which sport we’re talking about here mate.

Never been too into watching idiots make fools of themselves. Obviously don’t have jobs to go to in the morning because if I were their boss I’d kick them in their fat arses outa the door and out into the street. 

You would then be taken to a tribunal :D

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I did think for all the talk of Liverpool playing well, they were playing a fairly risky high line and a sharper City with Sane and Aguero would have really punished them. Sterling missed that sitter which I thought would have been flagged offside by VAR, then there was the obvious other chance Sterling messed up, and a few occasions where City got through the midfield but fucked up 3v3 sort of situations.

Liverpool didn't look far off though. Even without Mane and Firmino they were causing City real problems. I don't think the start of the season will be as difficult for them as some have made out due to all of their front three being active internationally well into the summer.

Firmino played mate. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Firmino played mate. 

Fair, I do remember him being subbed off now you mention it. It was hard to keep track as I was watching on a dodgy bein sports stream and they only gave a shit about Salah.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fair, I do remember him being subbed off now you mention it. It was hard to keep track as I was watching on a dodgy bein sports stream and they only gave a shit about Salah.

Yeah sounds about right mate. Firmino actually looked pretty sharp to say hes only been back in traing about a week. 

Salah always gets the plaudits though, even though Firmino creates most good things we do. 

13 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Always tickles me this xD  ..if they did enough to win, they would of won ;)  ..the reason they didn't win was because Mo Salad couldn't shoot for shit yesterday and Bravo saved a pen  ..on our side, we didn't win in normal time because Sterling & Sane both missed sitters and we was fucked by 50mins ..lucky for us we have an easy start to the season to get back to 100% fitness 

giphy.gif

• The topic was unpinned

Archived