talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-1p Man City - Community Shield - Sunday 4th August, 2019

football forum

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why since the start of pre season have we started playing such a high line with our FB's playing basically as wingers?

We keep getting exposed time and time again. I hope this isn't a tactic we carry on with because we will lose more times than we win. 

He's trying to copy Pep, that's why we get caught out at the back some times

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm concerned origi is still so close to minutes at this point in the transfer window. If Brewster isn't close enough to origi in the pecking order to get in the squad today then we should be adding depth via a new signing.

Just now, Harry said:

I'm concerned origi is still so close to minutes at this point in the transfer window. If Brewster isn't close enough to origi in the pecking order to get in the squad today then we should be adding depth via a new signing.

Origi has probably been our best player so far? Looks much sharper than the others. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

Think Salah has looked sharp in his general play but his finishing has been poor.

Yeah he could have scored 2 already to be fair. I'm just not sure why harry singled out Origi for no apparent reason? 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah he could have scored 2 already to be fair. I'm just not sure why harry singled out Origi for no apparent reason? 

I'd like to see him in the box a bit more. No good having him hugging the touchline putting in crosses. He's not done badly though. 

• Subscriber

Our front three are looking okay imo, Firmino is chasing and bully Rodri quite a bit, Salah has been the sharpest of the three and Origi is finding space. They'll get a goal if they keep this up but the defense has to do much better today.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Rodri looks right at home in City's midfield. 

He needs to realise the ref is not going to blow everytime he's touched over here, he's falling over for fouls he's never going to get in the Premier League so needs to be stronger on the ball  ..he's been ok though so far 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Back four, especially TAA and Robbo need to pull their fucking socks up an all. How is this defence getting done by goalkeeper long balls? 

That's what I was alluding to earlier. It's like our FB's are playing 10 yards further up than usual. It's been a theme all pre season and one that keeps catching us out time and time again. 

• Subscriber

Pretty disgusting how the "Community Shield" has become yet another football match hidden behind a private company's pay wall. Should be on BBC.

Sterling demonstrating his finishing skills again there but looked like he was offside anyway from the replay.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived