The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-1p Man City - Community Shield - Sunday 4th August, 2019

football forum

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
44 minutes ago, Rick said:

That was annoying. Suppose each team were better in each half, but still fucked off. 

Very good second half performance to take into Wednesday, where we should be beating Chelsea. 

16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

A week on Wednesday is the Super Cup isn't it?

16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

A week on Wednesday is the Super Cup isn't it?

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Norwich first. 

11 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Yep

Yeah a week on Wednesday.

• Subscriber

If we come out like we did in the second half of this game for the Super Cup match we'll win it. Plus, we have Mane back as well and hopefully some game time with Norwich in his bag as well. I like the energy that Salah and Firmino put in today not worried about our first game at all.

14 minutes ago, Dan said:

That game just reinforced my belief that these are currently the two best teams in the world. Thought both of them showed some of their best today.

Two best yes but with the two best managers. Both teams have some exceptional players on show but a lot of the players have improved massively under the fantastic coaching of the two managers. Would all or some of these players be as good if Pep or Klopp hadn't come into their lives? I don't know.

24 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Two best yes but with the two best managers. Both teams have some exceptional players on show but a lot of the players have improved massively under the fantastic coaching of the two managers. Would all or some of these players be as good if Pep or Klopp hadn't come into their lives? I don't know.

Super Frank gonna get you up there with them? 

8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Origi has probably been our best player so far? Looks much sharper than the others. 

Sorry mate I wasn't watching the game. Community shield and FA cup are only available on ESPN here which would be another $60 per month. 

I was commenting on the fact that he was starting and that all it took for him to get that close to the first 11 was Mane being out...

6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Only you can take the sausage roll plate trophy win and make it sound like it's the most epic of wins on the face of the planet... 

It's a domestic quadruple mate! 😯😯😯

Not all idiots in there. Nice to see quite a few urging for the jerks to calm down. 

@match

I thought we did well, especially in the second half. We had chances to win the match. Importantly, Bobby and Salah seem fit. Origi did all right, without being threatening. 

On to Norwich.

4 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Passion for the sport :ph34r:

Depends which sport we’re talking about here mate.

Never been too into watching idiots make fools of themselves. Obviously don’t have jobs to go to in the morning because if I were their boss I’d kick them in their fat arses outa the door and out into the street. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived