talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mikel Oyarzabal - Manchester City Offer €75m

oyarzabal-real-sociedad.jpg?w=816&h=9999

The news that Leroy Sané is due to move from Manchester City to Bayern Munich has pushed Pep Guardiola to go for Mikel Oyarzabal who also plies his trade on the left-wing for Real Sociedad. La Real don’t want to lose him and already refused to negotiate with Real Madrid this summer so the only avenue is to activate his release clause which stands at €75m.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Man City will pay that if they really want to. I'd imagine they'd do so even if Sane didn't move.

Do they even need him if Sane goes though?! Attacking midfield consisting of Bernardo, David Silva, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Sterling, Foden is quality as it is. Granted that David Silva is getting on a bit but he's not out of place in City's squad by any means just because of that.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Man City will pay that if they really want to. I'd imagine they'd do so even if Sane didn't move.

Do they even need him if Sane goes though?! Attacking midfield consisting of Bernardo, David Silva, Mahrez, De Bruyne, Sterling, Foden is quality as it is. Granted that David Silva is getting on a bit but he's not out of place in City's squad by any means just because of that.

Depends if Foden is going to get way more game time this season. They do play a total of 4 players in front of Fernandinho and behind the striker, so they'd probably want 7 or 8 players there as options if they're going to go deep in 4 tournaments again this year. Sane is their powerful, pacey out and out winger and they don't really have another who plays quite like him.

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Sane is their player I fear the most out of their wingers. Be glad to see him gone 

I agree. Sterling is also a bastard but Sane is a proper bastard when players are on the back foot defending.

Bernardo Silva is on another level than both. I'm terrified when he gets the ball.

25 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

This is depressing. 

Tell me about it. This guy and Rodri, City strengthening well. I know I sound like a broken record, but I'll be astounded if we run city close again. 

Pissed off is the word.

• The topic was locked

Archived