talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

José Mourinho - To Replace Zinedine Zidane?

1044737984.jpg.0.jpg

News filtering in that the internal war between present Valencia CF coach Marcelino and club owner Peter Lim has gone to extremes with Marcelino expected to resign.

That part isn’t unusual or unique to Spanish football where coaches and presidents quarrel or that Marcelino leaves his job midterm or at any time. 

The sensational part to this story is what’s emerged as a rumour being echoed through many of Spain’s sports papers today in that José Mourinho is being touted as the man to take the job at Mestalla.

Speculation or truth... Who knows right now!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumours that Florentino Pérez has had third parties in the shape of two football agents not related to José Mourinho (to throw journalists off the sent) contact the Portuguese coach and ask him not to take any offer he's had put on the table this summer because they feel there is an inevitability with Zinedine Zidane ending up losing his job and opening the path for the man the president of Real Madrid wanted all along but couldn't get anyone of weight on his side to execute it at the time.

Right now these are just rumours coming from sources that tend to be involved in sensationalist claims but that are also known to want Florentino Pérez out of the Santiago Bernabéu for a long time.

• Subscriber

Assuming that Florentino has made that kind of thing happen (very likely). Why would Mourinho go back to a place where the dressing room still has so many of the big names (one asshole in particular) that caused his exit in the first place? I think he'd rather go to Valencia than Real in all honesty just because it would be a less messier path for him. 

Mourinho could probably do with a move like this to put himself back on the map again after having a shit time at Man United.

It wouldn't surprise me if it happened either as I predicted as soon as Peter Lim bought Valencia that eventually Mourinho would end up there. He's a mate of Mourinho's if I'm not mistaken and obviously there is the whole Mendes' connection as well.

Marcelino was doing well there(2 consecutive top 4 finishes and a Copa del rey), but I don't think he's made for European competitions, whereas Mourinho is, so it would be a step up from them, even though Marcelino is a very good coach with years ahead of him.

53 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Valencia vs Atletico would certainly be an interesting encounter next season. Simeone vs Mourinho xD

Mourinho definitely wouldn't be able to wind Valverde up though... I don't think Valverde has getting pissed-off in his software programming.  xD

• 1 month later...

"I can't compare Mourinho to Guardiola, one of them couldn't win the Champions league with Bayern Munich and the other one did it with Porto," said the former Barcelona striker, as quoted by Bolarinwa Olajide.

It is a well-known fact that Eto'o and Guardiola do not share a good relationship, to say the least. The forward has left Barca because of the coach and has repeatedly accused Pep of unfair treatment.

“Pep had lived all his life in Barcelona but during the years I was there, he didn’t understand the squad. He didn’t live the life of our group,” Eto’o told Diario Sport in April 2019.

“I told Guardiola, ‘you will apologise to me because it’s me who will make Barca win, not Messi’. That was the situation at that time. Messi would later emerge, but you could ask Xavi, Iniesta and the others, that was my era.”

Samuel fucking Eto'o knows!!! Pep took over what Frank R. had started while being a cunt to players that had given everything for barcelona. I've been saying prime mou vs prime pep was settle when Inter outplayed a team full of legends. 

'Porto and Inter', I will never understand the absolute bizarre thinking that leads people into believing Porto or Inter were bad teams and somehow Jose Mourinho coaching them to a CL victory is equivalent to a Disney-eque underdog victory out of The Mighty Ducks. Imagine being cursed with a squad of Portuguese internationally capped players like Deco, Carvalho, and Costa.

Or that pathetic Inter Milan team, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Sneijder, Eto'o, Caesar, Milito, Stankovic, it only reads like a list of hall of fame worthy athletes. 

Pep Guardiola took the shambles of Rijkaard's team and tuned them into a squad that competed for a further five or so years. Jose Mourinho leaves teams worse than when he joins, gutted Porto or talent and left Inter with players that were sliding out of their prime into retirement.

What Mourinho did was fantastic and still is but it isn't a competition of measuring cocks over their respective jobs. Mourinho could never had done what Guardiola did and vice-versa. As if Mourinho would have the balls to sell Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Deco, etc and replace them with academy players and not spunking another 100,000,000 on 30+ year old veterans. And as if Guardiola could sell out his ideals for catenaccio and for 'success now'.

It's such a stupid fucking discussion that we've gone over and over and I can't help myself but I feel like a cunt everytime that I take the bait. It's like banging your head against a brick wall and only those without and sort of appreciation for the differences of two very different managers would be interested in. I hate the sort of people that think it is a simple dichotomy or 'rivalry'. Ronaldo v Messi, Jose v Pep... who cares!? This is for the bottom-feeding morons that the 'I'm a Mac, I'm a PC' advertisments are targets towards. Imagine being so boring, so milquetoast, and void of personality that you can buy into a character cult of Ronaldo or Messi or Jose and Pep,  and have it define your perception of a sport.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

'Porto and Inter', I will never understand the absolute bizarre thinking that leads people into believing Porto or Inter were bad teams and somehow Jose Mourinho coaching them to a CL victory is equivalent to a Disney-eque underdog victory out of The Mighty Ducks. Imagine being cursed with a squad of Portuguese internationally capped players like Deco, Carvalho, and Costa.

Or that pathetic Inter Milan team, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Sneijder, Eto'o, Caesar, Milito, Stankovic, it only reads like a list of hall of fame worthy athletes. 

Pep Guardiola took the shambles of Rijkaard's team and tuned them into a squad that competed for a further five or so years. Jose Mourinho leaves teams worse than when he joins, gutted Porto or talent and left Inter with players that were sliding out of their prime into retirement.

What Mourinho did was fantastic and still is but it isn't a competition of measuring cocks over their respective jobs. Mourinho could never had done what Guardiola did and vice-versa. As if Mourinho would have the balls to sell Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Deco, etc and replace them with academy players and not spunking another 100,000,000 on 30+ year old veterans. And as if Guardiola could sell out his ideals for catenaccio and for 'success now'.

It's such a stupid fucking discussion that we've gone over and over and I can't help myself but I feel like a cunt everytime that I take the bait. It's like banging your head against a brick wall and only those without and sort of appreciation for the differences of two very different managers would be interested in. I hate the sort of people that think it is a simple dichotomy or 'rivalry'. Ronaldo v Messi, Jose v Pep... who cares!? This is for the bottom-feeding morons that the 'I'm a Mac, I'm a PC' advertisments are targets towards. Imagine being so boring, so milquetoast, and void of personality that you can buy into a character cult of Ronaldo or Messi or Jose and Pep,  and have it define your perception of a sport.

And even worse, say "delusional" to somebody for having a simple opinion. Such a narrow and close mind, reminds me of those third world Peruvians that said Peru was going to beat Brazil 5-1 in the final just because they want it .

1 hour ago, Spike said:

A big chunk of what's at play with that is similar to that in politics and is polarisation which is fuelled by the internet.

That is, people who might have a slight preference one way or the other get drawn into a much more radical state due to their reaction to what they read from those who argue the other side... In the same way so many Conservatives are driven to a more extreme position by hatred of the sanctimonious lefties and vice versa.

• The topic was locked

Archived