talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

José Mourinho - To Replace Zinedine Zidane?

36 minutes ago, Michael Simeonovitch said:

If pep's so good, why hasn't he won the champions league with the mighty man City squad? 

Said this before and will say it again. Pep doesn't strike me as a cup manager, but you'll find very few that are a bit of both.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who will be the player Jose freezes out on his return? Ramos? Marcelo? Either way may not be a bad thing and give some momentum to paving the way for a rebuild.

Really Zidane got a bit fucked over in the summer though. Had deals pulled by Perez and now working with a side that doesn't resemble what he wanted. He should have walked again and torn Perez apart in his final press conference. 

A sacking will be much less satisfying

• Subscriber

I think Jose would do very well at Real Madrid if he went there right now considering the state they are in. However, with all the nonsense that went on with the players the last time around and the fact that the primary goon who started it all, Sergio Ramos, is still around would he really want to go back there? IDK. There is one silver lining for Perez in all of this, he can finally get rid of Zidane because if memory serves me right he wasn't happy with the exit speech the Frenchman gave and when he got rehired I was wondering how desperate Real must be to bring him back for a second stint. 

So it turns out that Jose Mourinho is a brilliant pundit. Perhaps, in retrospect, this should have been no surprise. A love of the camera, a self-regard bordering on the messianic, a lust for petty conflict, a barely-concealed disgust for every single other person in the room: these may be the same qualities that have brought his coaching career to an unexpected halt, but transpose them into the studio and the results rarely fall short of spectacular.

Watching Mourinho in his semi-regular appearances on Sky Sports this season, you’re struck by two things. First, the sheer magnetism of the oratory. Mourinho may not be to everyone’s taste as a manager, but he’s a genuinely gifted speaker: the tone, the cadence, the way he pauses for just a second to string along the viewer when he wants to make some important, life-affirming point. It’s the same quality that great politicians or preachers possess: “let freedom ring”; “the only thing we have to fear is fear itself”; “Lacazette, for me, doesn’t have that quality”.

• The topic was locked

Archived