talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2019-20 - Round 1 (Premier League)

football forum

• Subscriber

Welcome back folks, today I'm tagging the 18 people who have expressed an interest in committing to the Last Man Standing League this season, but any additional contenders are welcome to enter as well:

@RandoEFC @Rucksackfranzose @Dan @Stan @SchalkeUK @...Dan @CaaC (John) @nudge @Batard @Bluewolf @Teso dos Bichos @DeadLinesman @Stick With Azeem @JOSHBRFC @Lucas @Eco @Mel81x @Viva la FCB

A quick reminder of the rules:

- Very simply, you choose a team to win their fixture each week. If they win, you survive to the next week, and if they don't, you don't. You cannot pick the same team more than once in the competition.

- If you fail to make a pick, you will be eliminated from that week. I will tag everyone at the conclusion of the previous set of fixtures and around a day or two before the start of the next set of fixtures, I will do my best to remember to tag any surviving players who are yet to make a pick.

Scoring:

- Your basic score for each round will be the total number of consecutive correct picks you made.

- The Last Man Standing in each round will receive three bonus points on top of their bonus score, 2nd place will score two bonus points, and 3rd place will score one bonus point.

- It is acceptable for us to have multiple players in 3rd or 2nd place, in which case multiple players will receive the bonus points for those positions. However, as we need to have a Last Man Standing, we will use a tie break in the event that all remaining players are eliminated at the same time. The tie break only comes into effect if all remaining players fail to choose a winner.

- The tie break consists of you picking a player who you think will score over the set of fixtures. If your player is the only one who scores, you win the tie break and are the Last Man Standing. If nobody successfully picks a goalscorer, the tie break will continue for another set of fixtures. If multiple players successfully pick a different goalscorer, then the player whose pick scores first will win the tie break. This will be judged off the minute in which their goal was scored, not the chronological real-life time. E.G. If Aguero scores in the 13th minute of a Sunday afternoon fixture, this trumps a goal by Salah in the 50th minute of a Saturday lunchtime fixture.

Hopefully we don't need to get into the nitty-gritty of the tie break too often because otherwise this is a very simple game.

Gameweek 1 Fixtures

We are starting with the Premier League, like last season. You have until next weekend (9 Aug - 11 Aug) to make your pick for Gameweek 1. If you want to wait until the transfers have been finalised, that's fine, I will tag anyone who hasn't made their submission later on next week. I'm not going to bother including the odds for matches this time around, so look them up yourself, or man up and go with your gut.

Liverpool vs Norwich

West Ham vs Man City

Bournemouth vs Sheff Utd

Burnley vs Southampton

Crystal Palace vs Everton

Watford vs Brighton

Tottenham vs Aston Villa

Leicester vs Wolves

Newcastle vs Arsenal

Man United vs Chelsea

Good luck folks! My pick for Gameweek 1 is Liverpool.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I am away in US for weeks 2 and 3 and would be eliminated, but if I am allowed I have Spurs for Week 1,  Arsenal for Week 2  and Wolves for week 3 it  just might be acceptable and keep my seat warm until September.  Whatever the decision best of luck to all!

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Sadly I am away in US for weeks 2 and 3 and would be eliminated, but if I am allowed I have Spurs for Week 1,  Arsenal for Week 2  and Wolves for week 3 it  just might be acceptable and keep my seat warm until September.  Whatever the decision best of luck to all!

That's fine mate, I'll put those down for now. Feel free to change your week 2-3 picks at a later date if you get the chance and you survive that long.

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I'll go Bournemouth please if you'll have me!

Added you to the list, no problem.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

That's fine mate, I'll put those down for now. Feel free to change your week 2-3 picks at a later date if you get the chance and you survive that long.

Added you to the list, no problem.

He's white and going to America. He'll be fine. 

He's white and going to America. He'll be fine.....

Starting in Canada - then ship to St Lawrence and down to NY and then to NC to see No 1 Daughter and if, by then I am still white, my missus will be unhappy and make me sit in the Raleigh heat until I join the rest of my local young friends and become part of the Bharatanatyam group:27_sunglasses:

• The topic was pinned
  • Administrator
On 30/07/2019 at 23:35, Stan said:

Bournemouth 

On 31/07/2019 at 00:11, Batard said:

Ditto 

On 31/07/2019 at 00:18, Viva la FCB said:

Bournemouth for me as well.

On 31/07/2019 at 03:29, Mel81x said:

Bournemouth

On 31/07/2019 at 13:25, Pyfish said:

Bournemouth immediately go on the ultra-thundercunt list.

On 30/07/2019 at 23:35, Stan said:

Bournemouth 

On 31/07/2019 at 00:11, Batard said:

Ditto 

On 31/07/2019 at 00:18, Viva la FCB said:

Bournemouth for me as well.

On 31/07/2019 at 03:29, Mel81x said:

Bournemouth

On 31/07/2019 at 13:25, Pyfish said:

Image result for muttley laughing gif

• The topic was unpinned

Archived