talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: RandoEFC

football forum

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If these members were your students who will be i) star student ii) trouble maker iii) shy kid iv) show off v) bully

Harry, SirBalon, Rebel CRS, Mel81x, Toinho

If you had to pick a substitute teacher out of these who would you pick and why ?

Spike, Blue, Stick with Azeem, 

Most and least favourite mathematical problems that you like to teach ?

Integration or differentiation ?

Eagles or Hawks ?

Earthquake or Tsunami ?

Lion or Tiger ?

Red or Dead Sea ?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

If these members were your students who will be i) star student ii) trouble maker iii) shy kid iv) show off v) bully

Harry, SirBalon, Rebel CRS, Mel81x, Toinho

If you had to pick a substitute teacher out of these who would you pick and why ?

Spike, Blue, Stick with Azeem, 

Most and least favourite mathematical problems that you like to teach ?

Integration or differentiation ?

Eagles or Hawks ?

Earthquake or Tsunami ?

Lion or Tiger ?

Red or Dead Sea ?

1. I think based on his problem solving mafia wars approach that @Harry would be the one to excel in his maths lessons and be the star student. @Toinho I believe would be the trouble maker. @Mel81x is the shy kid. @SirBalon is the show off, he would write every number as a word to make it look like he's written an essay when in actual fact he's answered a small handful of questions. I suppose that leaves @The Rebel CRS as the bully, sorry mate.

2. @Spike would be the funniest.

3. I love teaching any algebra really, it all fits together so nicely. Fucking around with metric and imperial units and converting between them is the worst though, so boring to learn, and to teach.

4. Differentiation. I still have to think twice when integrating sometimes even after doing a maths degree.

5. Not sure, eagles I guess.

6. Earthquake. A tsunami would drown the island I live on.

7. Lions, they are kings of the jungle after all.

8. Never seen either.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

What made you become a teacher? 

Where were you born? 

Best Everton goal you've seen live? 

Best goal you've seen scored against Everton? 

Favourite TV programme? 

Snog, Marry, Avoid 3 of the following members - @Harry @nudge @Stick With Azeem

1. I didn't know what I wanted to do for a long time so I just followed my best subjects, maths and economics through to university. This led me down the accountancy/finance route when I started thinking about careers but when i started talking to firms and employment agencies I realised the thought of sitting in an office for the next 40 years made me pretty anxious. I'd always had a passive interest in teaching but didn't think I'd be confident enough to do it until I had a bit more life experience. I decided to bite the bullet and go and train though.

2. Douglas, Isle of Man.

3. A Mirallas free kick against Aston Villa at Goodison Park. Late equaliser.

4. Jason Roberts scored from a long way out when we beat Blackburn 3-2 away. Howard should have done better though.

5. It ended pretty badly but overall I think Game of Thrones has been the best show I've ever watched.

6. I would have to marry @nudge to guarantee a lifetime of being allowed to watch F1 and other motorsports while sharing fine whiskeys, no contest there. I would give @Stick With Azeem a snog to go a bit more exotic and therefore avoid @Harry as he has a baby and I'm no home wrecker.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

You have to swap one first team regular at Everton for one bench warmer at Liverpool - what would be the swap deal?

Hmm, I think they can have Theo Walcott and we'll take Shaqiri. Or maybe Yerry Mina for Joe Gomez.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

So far two people have shown an interest to snog me but wouldn't marry. Good progress 

You've got a long way to go to reach @RandoEFC marriage levels.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

1. I think based on his problem solving mafia wars approach that @Harry would be the one to excel in his maths lessons and be the star student. @Toinho I believe would be the trouble maker. @Mel81x is the shy kid. @SirBalon is the show off, he would write every number as a word to make it look like he's written an essay when in actual fact he's answered a small handful of questions. I suppose that leaves @The Rebel CRS as the bully, sorry mate.

Bagsy sitting next to @nudge, then I can copy all of her work.

• Subscriber

Why did you choose the name RandoEFC, I gather EFC is Everton FC but is your avatar photo of Richarlison something to do with it?

What would you do, teaching in a class and one of your pupils come up and said: "I found you on a football website and you were F'ing & Cursing like a beauty, can I sware the same in here [class]?"  xD 

How old are you?

How many houses have you lived in and where have they been?

How did you come to support Everton?

Are you seeing anyone? If so for how long and how did you meet?

Have you ever posted a pic of yourself in the members picture thread?

Name one person that if you bumped into them in your every day life you'd just completely lose your shit and couldn't control your excitement?

Who's one person that you'd struggle to cone within a close proximity to without giving them a piece of your mind?

Do you drink beer? If so what is your favourite?

Are you a skilled footballer? What's the highest standard you've played.

What is the greatest movie ever made?

Your top 5 tv shows off all time?

If you could go on one date with any woman in the world who would you choose and why?

Favourite food.

if you could've lived the life you've got in any era from the 18th century onwards when would you choose?

What's the best decade for music?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

@RandoEFC

You've been invited to go on Come Dine With Me. You're allowed to invite 4 members on this site to go on the show with. Who do you choose and why?

I think a squad of @Grizzly21, @Teso dos Bichos, @Cicero and @Batard would be fairly amusing.

42 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Why did you choose the name RandoEFC, I gather EFC is Everton FC but is your avatar photo of Richarlison something to do with it?

What would you do, teaching in a class and one of your pupils come up and said: "I found you on a football website and you were F'ing & Cursing like a beauty, can I sware the same in here [class]?"  xD 

The second question partly answers the first. I used to go by adziom since I was about 14 and I started posting on football forums. 2-3 years ago I decided I fancied a change, especially as some of my students have seen my logging into a website where I download a weekly quiz using my adziom username, so I got paranoid about them looking up that name and seeing what else they could find out about my online footprint. Rando is a random/anonymous tag that is also not used very much and EFC does indeed come from Everton.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

How old are you?

How many houses have you lived in and where have they been?

How did you come to support Everton?

Are you seeing anyone? If so for how long and how did you meet?

Have you ever posted a pic of yourself in the members picture thread?

Name one person that if you bumped into them in your every day life you'd just completely lose your shit and couldn't control your excitement?

Who's one person that you'd struggle to cone within a close proximity to without giving them a piece of your mind?

Do you drink beer? If so what is your favourite?

Are you a skilled footballer? What's the highest standard you've played.

What is the greatest movie ever made?

Your top 5 tv shows off all time?

If you could go on one date with any woman in the world who would you choose and why?

Favourite food.

if you could've lived the life you've got in any era from the 18th century onwards when would you choose?

What's the best decade for music?

1) 26

2) My parents have lived in the same house on the Isle of Man since I was born, so I lived there for 18 years, then in my four years at university I lived in four different houses. When I got my first job in Leyland I lived in a flat in Chorley for 2 years, nowadays I live back on the Isle of Man in a house with some of my old school friends.

3) I inherited both Everton and Cambridge United from my mother. Dad never had a football team growing up and there aren't local alternatives on the Isle of Man.

4) Not at the moment so no story there.

5) Yes but not for a few years, it was probably on the old forum, I remember posting some pictures from nights out at university.

6) I don't think there's anyone who could generate that reaction from me but Tim Cahill or Jenson Button would be the closest.

7) Probably Boris Johnson given recent events. Or Nigel Farage.

8) I love beer, usually prefer ale over lager but I'll drink both. I will tend to go for a guest ale but in the long term the Manx ale Bushys has to be my favourite.

9) I haven't played football for years properly. I was okay and played Sunday League for a bit between the ages of 16 and 18 but stopped when I went to university. 

10) I never like to choose one "greatest" thing. A lot of people hate the superhero movies but the Marvel stuff is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. In television series I prefer stuff that's either more based in history or some sort of high drama with a lot of storylines to follow at the same time, but movies are more of a one-night stand, bit of fun, so I suppose I'll choose Avengers Endgame and use the production quality and the fact that it was the climax to a series of around 20 movies over 10 years as my excuse.

11) In no particular order, Game of Thrones, Lost, Breaking Bad, and then I'll go with the Dragonball series for childhood nostalgia and Bojack Horseman for something a bit unique.

12) I don't know, I don't really care about picking a Beyonce or Katy Perry like many men, I prefer someone who, yes, is reasonably attractive but more importantly interests me when they open their mouth (and words come out you dirty bastards). So I suppose I'm yet to meet this person.

13) Boring but steak is my favourite food and my go-to option at any meal.

14) Some time post the world wars. Maybe if I was born in 1970 I could have enjoyed some Everton success growing up and still lived a reasonably similar life to the one I have, which isn't too bad at the end of the day. I have always thought I belong in a slightly further back era because I have a lot of old man attitudes towards a lot of things most of my generation seem to love, snapchat, Instagram, Tinder, Love Island etc.

15) I'm not big into even knowing which decade bands are from, I just enjoy the music. Whichever decade had the Rolling Stones and similar "classic rock" bands would be my chosen one.

• What's your most embarrassing moment in your life where you thought "Please lord bury me"... Tell all!
  • For whatever reason (an important one maybe), have you ever had to be a hypocrite and pretend to like someone or agree with something you are against.
  • Have you ever cheated on your (or a) partner?
  • Apart from Everton or the England national side...  What's the most excited you have ever been in a football match where you went unusually mental?
  • If you were to move away from the UK, where would be your favoured place to go and live?
  • If you could change something about the area and people where you live, what would it be?
  • Do you have a phobia, if so what is it?
  • If reincarnation exists and you couldn't come back as a human being but could choose what to return as, what would it be?
  • Have you ever envied someone, if yes, why and whom?
  • Even if totally out of the ordinary (or it may not be out of the ordinary), what would be your dream job or maybe owning some sort of business...  Tell us about your thoughts on that.
  • If you wasn't you, but you were introduced to you and due to shared friends you suddenly started to see more of you...  What would be your thoughts on you and would you make a close friendship with you?  In total...  What would be the resume you think others that know you, think. 
  • Who's your favourite footballer of all time?

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Since when are you interested in F1?

Ever attended a race? 

Ever been to Germany?

1) German Grand Prix 2008. Hockenheim. Watched it with my family friends near Cambridge and remember this as the race that got me hooked on F1. Hamilton was leading from Massa when Timo Glock hit the wall and brought out the safety car, under the old safety car rules everyone had to wait a while to pit, and Nelson Piquet Jr ended up in 1st place because he was the only person on a one stop strategy, Hamilton stayed out to try and build a gap, but came out 4th from his stop and had to pass Kovalainen, Massa and Piquet to win. The rest of the season was actually insane as well, Kovalainen got his first win in Hungary after Massa's engine failed 3 laps from the end, then there was Belgium with Raikkonen v Hamilton in the closing stages, on dry tyres in the rain, Vettel's win from pole at a wet Monza in the Toro Rosso, Alonso winning the mad first Singapore Grand Prix in his Renault with Massa dragging his fuel rig down the pit lane and Piquet Jr crashing on purpose, Alonso ironically then winning the next race in Japan fair and square after first corner madness and finally Hamilton taking the championship by one point in the last corner of the last lap in Brazil.

2) Yes, went to Britain 2010 (Webber: not bad for a number 2 driver) and Britain 2011 (Alonso with Ferrari's only win that year).

3) No, surprisingly, I've been to pretty much all the other major European countries but never Germany.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Harry said:

What was the hardest mathematical concept you encountered at uni?

Beta and Gamma distributions. Something to do with probabilities but I couldn't tell you what, I actually enjoyed Economics a lot more than Maths towards the end of my degree.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:
  • What's your most embarrassing moment in your life where you thought "Please lord bury me"... Tell all!
  • For whatever reason (an important one maybe), have you ever had to be a hypocrite and pretend to like someone or agree with something you are against.
  • Have you ever cheated on your (or a) partner?
  • Apart from Everton or the England national side...  What's the most excited you have ever been in a football match where you went unusually mental?
  • If you were to move away from the UK, where would be your favoured place to go and live?
  • If you could change something about the area and people where you live, what would it be?
  • Do you have a phobia, if so what is it?
  • If reincarnation exists and you couldn't come back as a human being but could choose what to return as, what would it be?
  • Have you ever envied someone, if yes, why and whom?
  • Even if totally out of the ordinary (or it may not be out of the ordinary), what would be your dream job or maybe owning some sort of business...  Tell us about your thoughts on that.
  • If you wasn't you, but you were introduced to you and due to shared friends you suddenly started to see more of you...  What would be your thoughts on you and would you make a close friendship with you?  In total...  What would be the resume you think others that know you, think. 
  • Who's your favourite footballer of all time?

1) I'm struggling to think really. I'm a bit spineless when it comes to putting myself in embarrassing situations. There was this one time where I was a bit pissed on the bus taking the piss out of my mate for fancying this girl in the year below who happened to wear a lot of make up. I laid it on thick and made some pretty harsh comments about her swimming in a bath of fake tan every morning, turned out she was sat at the back of the bus and I hadn't noticed because beer, she got off crying and I felt horrific.

2) I quite often have to back up other teachers when students are complaining about something they've been punished for or something that's been said to them by another teacher, and I find that I agree with the student but have to back the teacher up when I open my mouth to speak.

3) No, although I have knowingly been with a girl who was in a relationship with someone else.

4) Probably the Aguerooooooooo moment when City won the league. Also the City v Spurs Champions League quarter final second leg this season, I watched with my housemates, all neutrals, but we all went mental a few times during that match with all the twists and turns.

5) I don't know, probably somewhere where I could get a tan, I have considered in the past spending a couple of years teaching in somewhere like Dubai as it's good money.

6) Things are very laid back around here, which I like, but sometimes it's a bit too laid back, small community mentality "it doesn't matter, as long as we're happy in our bubble nobody else is bothered about what we do". As a community we still need to be more progressive in a number of ways over here and hold people a bit more to account if they've been given a job to do.

7) I don't know if it's a phobia but I can't stand bees and wasps even though I've never been stung. Just the sound of buzzing, even if it's just a fly, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

8) A dog, as long as I went to a good home.

9) I probably envied a lot of people when I was younger, I still sort of envy those people who don't think too much about stuff like I do and end up being able to enjoy their lives a bit more as a result. In terms of individuals though, I don't let myself feel bitterness or envy towards someone because I know it isn't constructive.

10) Teaching is my dream job as far as I feel right now. If I wasn't teaching, I would love to put my maths skills to use in either analysing statistics in football and being part of a scouting team in that capacity, or more likely working for a Formula 1 team, preferably in one of the departments that go to each race weekend, so a strategist or data analyst when comparing car performance.

11) Yeah I think I'd get on pretty well with myself if that's what you mean.

12) Tim Cahill, waiting for Everton to sign a player who stays long enough and is good enough to usurp him. His passion is also a factor. I'm not going to say Pirlo or Ronaldinho or anyone like that because while I respect their abilities, I don't feel any attachment to players who don't represent my club.

• Subscriber
  • Whats the worst part of teaching according to you?
  • Whats generally the best part of your day?
  • Besides F1 and Football do you follow any other sports?
  • Is there anything in the field of Math that you've seen in the last five years that has totally captivated you? If so, what is it and why did it captivate you?
  • Do you have a favourite drink? (doesn't have to be alcoholic)
  • What song is currently top on your playlist?
  • What according to you is the biggest issue with education today?

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Mel81x said:
  • Whats the worst part of teaching according to you?
  • Whats generally the best part of your day?
  • Besides F1 and Football do you follow any other sports?
  • Is there anything in the field of Math that you've seen in the last five years that has totally captivated you? If so, what is it and why did it captivate you?
  • Do you have a favourite drink? (doesn't have to be alcoholic)
  • What song is currently top on your playlist?
  • What according to you is the biggest issue with education today?

1) Wasting time dealing with daft behaviour when there are kids who want some help.

2) Cant beat getting home and sitting in the quiet for a bit, pressure off and time to relax for a few hours.

3) I casually follow motorsport in general and tennis. My interest in the latter has dwindled quite a lot since Andy Murray went off the scene but I still hold an interest.

4) Not specifically, I may change my answer to this later on.

5) Tea is probably my favourite drink actually. I've gone off coffee recently and I'm not so keen on fizzy drinks these days either.

6) I'm very fickle with songs, sometimes I go through a phase where I listen to a song repeatedly but not at the moment.

7) The biggest issue with education, at least in the UK, is getting kids aged between 11 and 16 who have no desire to make the best of themselves and regretting it years later. It comes from the culture of people wanting everything doing for them with minimal effort and a generation of parents who think it's the teachers' responsibility to teach their kids basic manners and how to sit still rather than their own. The end result is that you can very rarely get the maximum success out of a full class because some of them have never been taught that they have to want to do well and take responsibility for their own success even at this age.

• The topic was locked

Archived