talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: RandoEFC

football forum

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

1) Wasting time dealing with daft behaviour when there are kids who want some help.
As a person that teaches music to kids in the teen brackets I can relate to this. They get put into the class by parents who want them to learn and its really a waste both of your time and the child's as they aren't interested and could spend it better on a thing they like. What they like, however, is a mystery even to the kids themselves at times.

7) The biggest issue with education, at least in the UK, is getting kids aged between 11 and 16 who have no desire to make the best of themselves and regretting it years later. It comes from the culture of people wanting everything doing for them with minimal effort and a generation of parents who think it's the teachers' responsibility to teach their kids basic manners and how to sit still rather than their own. The end result is that you can very rarely get the maximum success out of a full class because some of them have never been taught that they have to want to do well and take responsibility for their own success even at this age.

It's sadly the world we live in. It's also a by-product of trying to make things way too easy. I had a discussion with someone about how people are even ordering groceries like fresh fruits and vegetables online so going into a store is a non-necessity when I think its one of the best things you can do when you're cooking.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Best fiction and non-fiction book you've ever read? 

What car do you drive, if any? 

Favourite F1 driver of all time?

What is the experience like watching the Isle of Man TT?

Favourite road car of all time? 

Favourite race car of all time?

Best Star Wars movie?

If you discovered a time machine, where and when would you go?

How do you imagine the world in 100 years from now? 

What are the biggest problems that humanity is facing now or will be facing in the near future? 

What is the most trivial thing about which you have a strong opinion?

What is your least popular/most controversial opinion?

Have you ever been arrested? What is the most illegal/criminal thing you've done?

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

What is the dumbest purchase you’ve ever made?

If you could live in any fictional world, where would it be and why?

What's your unusual/weird hobbies?

• Subscriber
On 01/08/2019 at 02:31, nudge said:

Best fiction and non-fiction book you've ever read? 

What car do you drive, if any? 

Favourite F1 driver of all time?

What is the experience like watching the Isle of Man TT?

Favourite road car of all time? 

Favourite race car of all time?

Best Star Wars movie?

If you discovered a time machine, where and when would you go?

How do you imagine the world in 100 years from now? 

What are the biggest problems that humanity is facing now or will be facing in the near future? 

What is the most trivial thing about which you have a strong opinion?

What is your least popular/most controversial opinion?

Have you ever been arrested? What is the most illegal/criminal thing you've done?

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

What is the dumbest purchase you’ve ever made?

If you could live in any fictional world, where would it be and why?

What's your unusual/weird hobbies?

1) Fiction: A Song of Ice and Fire is a great series. When I was younger I also enjoyed the Anthony Horowitz series The Power of Five. Non-Fiction: Freakonomics was very interesting. I also enjoyed David Coulthard's autobiography and the book Williams, the story of Frank Williams life and career told by other people, I would recommend if you haven't read it!

2) A very simple Ford Fiesta.

3) Has to be Jenson Button but overall I'm pretty neutral. I usually supported the underdog over the years.

4) It's noisy and exciting but it is a time trial, so you do get a bit of guys passing each other but it's not a proper race. I'm more into cars as well. Make sure if you ever come and watch that you bring a radio for timings so you know what's actually going on!

5) Not massively into road cars, been put off by how much money my uncle and cousins have pissed into the wind upgrading their Ford STs or whatever they have.

6) Also not one to pick a car that I particularly love. If I had to say I did love the black and yellow Renault/Lotus F1 livery circa 2010-2012.

7) Errrrrm, episode.....  5? I don't know, I've only watched them once.

8) Back in time by maybe 30 years, so I could see Everton win something :ph34r:. I would never go forward in time.

9) Not as different as a lot of people would say, no flying cars. I think we will continue to see a lot more innovation in our devices and social media to the point where you can probably get an all in one device that's somehow wired to your brain. Or maybe I've watched too much Black Mirror. I'd expect major improvements in transport that would hopefully help us deal with issues like African poverty, and space travel starting to become somewhat commonplace. What sort of world will we live in if we're continuing to send people to moons and space stations while other people are starving and have no water? Although to be honest that's probably what will end up happening because people.

10) Sort of touched on this on the previous question. I'm just concerned that every year our young people are more impatient and have less of an attention span, our parents are losing their will to try and teach their kids how to grow into proper citizens when they can more easily keep them quiet by chucking them an Xbox and an iPad and letting them play/watch games and films that are 18-rated because "everyone else's parents let them". All of this leading to the current generation we live in where people are going as far as to vote for Presidents or form opinions based on Facebook adverts and headlines on Twitter because they're too lazy and don't have the attention span to read a manifesto, a column written by an expert, or even watch the full 30 minute news program to see what's going on in the world. I could go on...

11) I was going to touch on this above but I didn't want to get into a rant. Dating apps. Honestly what a sad indictment of society that people would rather "meet people" lying in bed and swiping based on photographs for half an hour before they go to sleep. Sickening. They should be banned for under 30s so that people actually have to leave their homes and talk to each other.

12) A lot of people would say my answer to the previous question or a combination of the last three answers. I'm erring towards the opinion now that you should have to have a minor qualification for a few things like voting or becoming a parent, but at the same time I'm fairly liberal, you should have to go on some sort of course though because a lot of people just don't know what they're doing with either of those things at the moment.

13) Never been arrested. The stupidest thing I've done was drive home 30 minutes after smoking some weed knowing that I wasn't okay to drive.

14) Probably that or my annual attempts to complete the 85 mile Parish Walk on the Isle of Man.

15) I've bought a lot of games for anything between £25 and £40 that I've played a few times and then sacked off. The most recent was Tennis Elbow Manager 2.

16) Probably go for the Harry Potter wizarding world. Not quite as terrifying as the worlds of Westeros or Middle Earth and a lot more convenient too.

17) I'm not sure I'm that interesting enough to have many unusual hobbies. My walking would be deemed unusual by some people, as would my frequent posting on this website. Sometimes I have a phase where I use the app Brilliant to solve maths/logic puzzles to sharpen my mind and also for fun.

• Administrator

What year do you teach?

What's the worst telling off you've had to give to a student/pupil?

Have you ever told your class to just do some reading or set them something they can get on with by themselves because you've been hungover/not bothered to teach?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

What year do you teach?

Have you ever told your class to just do some reading or set them something they can get on with by themselves because you've been hungover/not bothered to teach?

The correct way to handle Kerosene ... eh @Bluewolf?

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

What year do you teach?

1) Any from Year 7 to Year 13.

2) I tend to avoid giving individual kids a massive dressing down, sometimes I stop and tell off a whole class if they're being too noisy but you don't really get anywhere by bawling at a single student. Both the schools I've worked in have systems in place where you can have someone removed if they're really being a pain, or they do something completely unacceptable, worst I've had is being called a cunt once.

3) Once I've turned up slightly late to school because I was pissed the night before so someone had to cover the first part of my tutor group but otherwise all my lessons were planned and done properly that day.

• The topic was locked

Archived