• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rafael Benitez: Good or Bad?

football forum

Rafael Benitez: Good or Bad?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Rafael Benitez: Good or Bad?

3 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Its hilarious how many Liverpool and Newcastle fans get angry if you call Rafa a shit manager. I've stated he's an OK manager but at the end of the day its my personal judgement. Football debates can be a joke sometimes.

Is he shite or ok? Make your mind up.

The reason for my reaction on the last page was the pathetic lie you made up about NUFC and LFC fans brainwashing people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you start talking absolute bollocks expect someone to say something. 

Every post you make on the subject is the same. "He is shite blah blah he is an ok manager blah blah Napoli blah blah personal judgement blag blah". 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Its hilarious how many Liverpool and Newcastle fans get angry if you call Rafa a shit manager. I've stated he's an OK manager but at the end of the day its my personal judgement. Football debates can be a joke sometimes.

Well yeah, because calling him a shit manager would be complete and utter lunacy. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Shite? Hilarious that blues used to laugh at Benitez when he was at Liverpool. Great record in the derby and won the European Cup as well as the FA Cup.

Most Liverpool managers have a good record in that game. It's the Derby, we never win. 

Di Matteo won the same with Chelsea. Also shit. 

1 minute ago, HK85 said:

Most Liverpool managers have a good record in that game. It's the Derby, we never win. 

Di Matteo won the same with Chelsea. Also shit. 

Di Matteo won it with an extremely expensively assembled squad, a side that had finished second in the league the year before and won it the year before that. Liverpool were miles behind that sort of level when Benitez took over. 

If you think he's shit or was shit at Liverpool then you need help

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Di Matteo won it with an extremely expensively assembled squad, a side that had finished second in the league the year before and won it the year before that. Liverpool were miles behind that sort of level when Benitez took over. 

If you think he's shit or was shit at Liverpool then you need help

Di Matteo won it with the worst team to ever win the CL and the previous year means f-all because they finished 6th that year. It was a horrendously bad team that ground out results because of a world-class goalkeeper and sheer determination from an over-the-hill squad to go out with a bang. It doesn't matter how expensive the team was, $$$ does not equal quality.

1 minute ago, Any O'Brien said:

Is he shite or ok? Make your mind up.

The reason for my reaction on the last page was the pathetic lie you made up about NUFC and LFC fans brainwashing people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when you start talking absolute bollocks expect someone to say something. 

I said OK manager, but that's based off his time in England, both for Newcastle and Chelsea. His time in Italy as I stated was awful as was his time at Madrid. The reason I said "shite" is because I know there are many who believe this, I'm not one who thinks he is utter shite, I think he is an OK manager but massively overrated by many. End of, I don't want to keep harping on I just find it embarrassing how some can't accept an opinion and its no surprise its those who don't follow football outside of England.

As for your second paragraph, your reaction was because you get angry too easily. Its not a lie, its a belief. You can think its embarrassing all you want but I see Liverpool and Newcastle fans harp on about him and I feel that its made people turn their heads. Its all assumptions but when I see something like that, its an easy assumption to make. You may disagree with my belief on this matter but this is what I see and insulting me isn't going to get me to change my opinion. Besides, are you really worried that someone from Peru who barely follows English football is saying this about Newcastle compared to a local? I'm leaving my opinion here. No one is taking it seriously, while everyone is listening to you. I'm simply leaving it here based on what I've seen and that's that. 

Literally what I do revolves around football but even I don't go into insulting others because I disagree with them. I used to, those times are gone. I'd only do it if they're obsessive.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Di Matteo won it with the worst team to ever win the CL and the previous year means f-all because they finished 6th that year. It was a horrendously bad team that ground out results because of a world-class goalkeeper and sheer determination from an over-the-hill squad to go out with a bang. It doesn't matter how expensive the team was, $$$ does not equal quality.

I'd say our squad was worse in 2005. 

5 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Said on the first page he's neither good or bad nowadays. 

You said he was shite a few posts ago though

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Cutting it close. At least you lot had a midfield. Prime Alonso and Gerrard is better than old Lampard and Mikel Obi.

Lampard was still good in 2012. Mikel? I'll raise you Igor Biscan who played plenty in the 2005 run

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Lampard was still good in 2012. Mikel? I'll raise you Igor Biscan who played plenty in the 2005 run

Never said Lampard wasn't, but he wasn't 2005 Gerrard. Oriol Romeu.

Just now, LFCMike said:

Maybe not but man for man the Chelsea team was still better

I don't see it but to each his own. The only players that were head and shoulders above the rest were Cech, Mata and Cole.

28 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I said OK manager, but that's based off his time in England, both for Newcastle and Chelsea. His time in Italy as I stated was awful as was his time at Madrid. The reason I said "shite" is because I know there are many who believe this, I'm not one who thinks he is utter shite, I think he is an OK manager but massively overrated by many. End of, I don't want to keep harping on I just find it embarrassing how some can't accept an opinion and its no surprise its those who don't follow football outside of England.

As for your second paragraph, your reaction was because you get angry too easily. Its not a lie, its a belief. You can think its embarrassing all you want but I see Liverpool and Newcastle fans harp on about him and I feel that its made people turn their heads. Its all assumptions but when I see something like that, its an easy assumption to make. You may disagree with my belief on this matter but this is what I see and insulting me isn't going to get me to change my opinion. Besides, are you really worried that someone from Peru who barely follows English football is saying this about Newcastle compared to a local? I'm leaving my opinion here. No one is taking it seriously, while everyone is listening to you. I'm simply leaving it here based on what I've seen and that's that. 

Literally what I do revolves around football but even I don't go into insulting others because I disagree with them. I used to, those times are gone. I'd only do it if they're obsessive.

"Believe as you want to, but to me Rafa is a shit manager who's had his glory days just like Wenger. Just my opinion. He was awful at Napoli, cup win or not. End of.

Peace out"

A post made by you on the "Newcastle United Promoted Back to Premier League" thread. Stop changing your mind and opinions like the wind.

"I sometimes feel that some Liverpool and Newcastle fans brainwash others to think he's at the level of Guardiola and Mourinho. Just my opinion and point of view though."

Not one Newcastle or Liverpool fan has compared him to any of those managers. So you're talking absolute bollocks. Apparently speaking highly of someone is brainwashing people, yet you going into a thread about NUFC being promoted and saying how he is a shit manager etc etc is not. I defended Rafa in the other thread because you were talking bollocks, would never have mentioned any of his others jobs or achievements if you hadn't brought them up. 

If you talk shit and contradict yourself all of the time you will get stick. And spare us the sob story. 

I've seen Newcastle and Liverpool fans put him in that bracket. Football debates exist outside this forum.

Its not because you lot are speaking highly of him, its because they harp on about him. Which is exactly what you're saying about me.

I already said he's an OK manager. Sometimes my initial wording isn't the best mind.

Again these are all things I'm seeing. I don't live in the UK so I'm not going to think the same. He's been at Napoli for 2 years so Rafa is a topic I can comment on. What I can't comment on is how he's doing at Newcastle and done at Liverpool.  No need to dig up older posts. Just agree to disagree instead of trying to prove to everyone that I'm "speaking shit".

I'm leaving it there myself anyways.

3 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I've seen Newcastle and Liverpool fans put him in that bracket. Football debates exist outside this forum.

Its not because you lot are speaking highly of him, its because they harp on about him. Which is exactly what you're saying about me.

I already said he's an OK manager. Sometimes my initial wording isn't the best mind.

Again these are all things I'm seeing. I don't live in the UK so I'm not going to think the same. He's been at Napoli for 2 years so Rafa is a topic I can comment on. What I can't comment on is how he's doing at Newcastle and done at Liverpool.  No need to dig up older posts. Just agree to disagree instead of trying to prove to everyone that I'm "speaking shit".

I'm leaving it there myself anyways.

You're missing the point - I agreed to disagree in the last topic. The responses I have made in here are because you were chatting bollocks. I will also leave it there.

• 11 months later...
  • Administrator

can't be arsed to look back through the thread so may be repeating myself but he's one manager I'd have taken before Shakespeare and Puel got their jobs and that opinion remains should Puel ever go.

I think he's one of those managers who's decision making is the difference between being good and great. But then it also creates the moments he had with Valencia and Liverpool, there are hundreds of managers out there and there's probably only 10-20 out there who are actually better than him.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

can't be arsed to look back through the thread so may be repeating myself but he's one manager I'd have taken before Shakespeare and Puel got their jobs and that opinion remains should Puel ever go.

I keep saying this but I can't see why he'd come here. Unless we really did go and offer him a brilliant transfer budget while Newcastle piss him around again, and absolutely no-one else went in for him. I just don't see it as a big enough step up, if one at all looking at the league table.

Benitez has done a fantastic job this season. It's only the fact he's managing a big club that's stopping him getting more plaudits as people expect Newcastle to be quite high up. That's a very ordinary squad but one very well drilled to a point it brings the best out of nearly everyone. Slimani looks a different player for them to us.

Along with Dyche and Guardiola he makes the top three managers of the season for me.

Archived