• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rafael Benitez: Good or Bad?

football forum

Rafael Benitez: Good or Bad?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Rafael Benitez: Good or Bad?

19 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Yeah mate I saw it, but by patient I mean he gives managers time. I've already talked Rafa but Sarri also had many faults this season at the start and they were clear. He was given his time and he turned it around. He's not the best owner in football but he can't be faulted for helping Napoli back to where they are now.

By supporting I was thinking of the example where he stuck by Rafa after bad results in 2014/2015 and threatened the players instead.

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

ADL is a character. I love him. Absolute madman that lives and breathes the passion and culture of his club. It's as if a 'not all there' ultra bumbled his way into money and power. 

He is a character and I've had many a laugh at his outbursts and actions...  He is exactly as you've described him mate, an "Ultra" that has found himself with power and money without knowing how to mediate that power in a beneficial manner...  Way too visceral, but that's typical in many (not all) people of a latin mentality which is confused for passion (it is in some cases too...  All this is way too complicated as sociology usually is).

The bit I highlighted from Brian is where the contradiction lies and he's already fallen in that trap various times in three or four posts.  But I understand Brian because he's a Latin American and this occurs a lot out there where worldly occurrences are taken completely out of context followed by actions one then has to apologise for and repent.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

He is a character and I've had many a laugh at his outbursts and actions...  He is exactly as you've described him mate, an "Ultra" that has found himself with power and money without knowing how to mediate that power in a beneficial manner...  Way too visceral, but that's typical in many (not all) people of a latin mentality which is confused for passion (it is in some cases too...  All this is way too complicated as sociology usually is).

The bit I highlighted from Brian is where the contradiction lies and he's already fallen in that trap various times in three or four posts.  But I understand Brain because he's a Latin American and this occurs a lot out there where worldly occurrences are taken completely out of context followed by actions one then has to apologise for and repent.

Did I contradict myself? I don't see it xD

Ill sign out if this thread though. Think I've harped on enough.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Did I contradict myself? I don't see it xD

Ill sign out if this thread though. Think I've harped on enough.

You did mate...  You did it by saying he's supportive which in my view is a non interventionist person that actually supports.  Then you've admitted to negative sides of the character that include being an interventionist. xD

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The bit I highlighted from Brian is where the contradiction lies and he's already fallen in that trap various times in three or four posts.  But I understand Brian because he's a Latin American and this occurs a lot out there where worldly occurrences are taken completely out of context followed by actions one then has to apologise for and repent.

The cold logic of the Italian national team must come from the north then. :ph34r: Actually I don't see that at all in the French. They are always so analytical and across the channel the English are reactionary.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

The cold logic of the Italian national team must come from the north then. :ph34r:

The north and south Italian mentality is like night and day mate.  On their national tv stations (RAI) they have comedy shows made out totally from the differences. xD

It's much like the difference in Spain between the north and south in that sense.  There are good things and bad things about both sets though!!!!  Let's never forget that...  I will take the hospitality and loving care of the south every day in Italy.  But the efficiency and more balanced eye for assuming problems in the north is much more productive.

We can actually use football in a debate like that...  In the south of Italy they love the passion and "pogo bonito" because look at how Napoli play compared to the more methodical Juventus.  Sarri with his gestures and getting pissed off on the touchline with Massimiliano Allegri's cold features and not being moved by anything that's occurring on the field.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The north and south Italian mentality is like night and day mate.  On their national tv stations (RAI) they have comedy shows made out totally from the differences. xD

It's much like the difference in Spain between the north and south in that sense.  There are good things and bad things about both sets though!!!!  Let's never forget that...  I will take the hospitality and loving care of the south every day in Italy.  But the efficiency and more balanced eye for assuming problems in the north is much more productive.

We can actually use football in a debate like that...  In the south of Italy they love the passion and "pogo bonito" because look at how Napoli play compared to the more methodical Juventus.  Sarri with his gestures and getting pissed off on the touchline with Massimiliano Allegri's cold features and not being moved by anything that's occurring on the field.

And then you have Conte who is exactly both Sarri and Allegri at the same time. Nearly every country have a north v south or east v west dichotomy. It's truly fascinating. Hell some cities have that dichotomy.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

The way I see it, it depends on the league we follow really. I hardly follow the Prem but he's done well with every club he's managed there, even Chelsea. I follow Serie A where he's known by most to be a terrible manager, so it really depends on who you follow for any opinion.

Liverpool, Newcastle, and Valencia fans have a right to love him and think he's a great manager where as us Napoli and Inter fans have a right to dislike him and think he's shit. I think he's OK but I sometimes feel that some Liverpool and Newcastle fans brainwash others to think he's at the level of Guardiola and Mourinho. Just my opinion and point of view though. 

You think he's shit or you think he's ok?

I think your dislike for him is clouding your judgement of his ability as a manager.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

You think he's shit or you think he's ok?

I think your dislike for him is clouding your judgement of his ability as a manager.

Orwell's 1984 was actually about Brian's doublethink not the dangers of a totalitarian society.

On 28/04/2017 at 3:05 PM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

The way I see it, it depends on the league we follow really. I hardly follow the Prem but he's done well with every club he's managed there, even Chelsea. I follow Serie A where he's known by most to be a terrible manager, so it really depends on who you follow for any opinion.

Liverpool, Newcastle, and Valencia fans have a right to love him and think he's a great manager where as us Napoli and Inter fans have a right to dislike him and think he's shit. I think he's OK but I sometimes feel that some Liverpool and Newcastle fans brainwash others to think he's at the level of Guardiola and Mourinho. Just my opinion and point of view though. 

Not one Newcastle or Liverpool fan has compared him to those managers or anyone like that. 

Yet you are making comments saying he is  a shit manager and a fraud etc in every post. Whinging on about a team you have no affinity to yet claim to support. There's only one person trying to brain wash people. Fucking spastic.

Not even going to comment on the "major trophies" remark. Ridiculous. Or constantly comparing him to Wenger, a man who has been at the same club for 2 decades being compared to someone who has been at numerous clubs at that time. And to basically write off Wenger's achievements at Arsenal since they went unbeaten as being nothing. 

On 28/04/2017 at 4:04 PM, SirBalon said:

Actually, most Napoli fans that are from Naples love him and for some unknown reason celebrated the Coppa Italia win like it was a Scudetto.

He does get criticised mind you on the defensive side of his game back at Napoli though.  But in general you can't say a bad word about him over there.

Surely not? Impossible. Brian and his fellow plastic Napoli "supporting" mong brigade internet pals, none of whom would have ever attended a Napoli game, say that he is hated there. 

Think you needed a shades of grey option in the poll.

For me Rafa is great but on a simple two way poll I'd vote 'good' to almost any EPL manager. They are after all plying their trade in the top tier of football so mostly aren't there by luck. 

8 hours ago, Inverted said:

If anything his slightly cautious approach should work better now that he's not at a club that's going to be in the top-rung of the league talent-wise. 

Think the 'cautious' tag has always been unfair when people talk about Benitez. Certainly when he was at Liverpool anyway.

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Think the 'cautious' tag has always been unfair when people talk about Benitez. Certainly when he was at Liverpool anyway.

I'd agree with this.

'Shite' is probably the one needed. 

24 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Tbh I can't remember how his Liverpool played but I didn't mean it as in he's a negative manager. 

Just saying he's probably better known for being a good organiser and a solid tactician than for producing electric football. 

If 0 is Zeman and 5 is Simeone he's more of a 4 than a 2, basically.

4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Cautiously shite, sound better?

Its hilarious how many Liverpool and Newcastle fans get angry if you call Rafa a shit manager. I've stated he's an OK manager but at the end of the day its my personal judgement. Football debates can be a joke sometimes.

Archived