Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Sevilla FC Discussion

Rumours have also linked him with a move to Roma, but it seems Franco Baldini may be taking up that post.

Would be surprising if he moved to a club where he might not have full control over the club's transfers though.

this is the kind of effect Leicester have on a club :ph34r: 

It's actually looking more and more likely Monchi is off to AS Roma in the summer.  I find it incredible Roma may have managed this coup on a man practically everyone in world football would give him what he wants.

Sevilla FC make it official on their Twitter account that Monchi will be leaving at the end of the season.  The most famous technical director in the world has rejected the advances from FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus amongst other big clubs around Europe.  He's apparently going to AS Roma (this part hasn't been made official yet).

Will this mark the downturn in Sevilla's fortunes?

football forum

This is an astronomical loss for Sevilla, a lot of their success rests at his door.

I've got a lot of time for Monchi for going to Roma too, rejecting the big boys for a project in Italy is admirable.

I do think he'd be wasted at someone like Real Madrid. Real Madrid won't be pining for bargains. They can buy just about who they want. I don't think they'd really benefit from his expertise as much as someone like Roma or Sevilla would.

It's a shame he's leaving them. I've followed what's gone on there for a while. It's a model I'd love us to adopt and I've said that a while - which makes it all the madder for me personally what happened a fortnight ago.

I don't know if he's an "elite player", but I do agree that his best move would be to go back home to Sevilla.

Haha yeah, the "elite" part may be stretching it, but he's certainly a good player and he would do well if he goes back to Sevilla. For him personally too, that's a move he can only gain from doing.

If they beat Real in Bernabeu I will become the #1 Sevillista on this forum :D

He used to be class and the best out and out winger in the world for a period, but in his last season for Sevilla, he was very poor for me and hasn't been the same since.

Looks like Berizzo could be taking over at Sevilla, it's going to be an interesting first summer for Oscar Arias.

Under Sampaoli, they're a strange team to watch as their style can vary, sometimes they're playing at 100 miles per hour,  the next they're playing at walking pace with Nasri and N'Zonzi dictating that and pulling the strings. It's well documented that most of their players dropped off this season and they definitely need signings and more depth to their squad for next season particularly in defence and in central midfield and they'll do well to keep a hold of N'Zonzi and Vitolo. It still remains to be seen whether they'll keep a hold of Jovetic as well who's been decent for them.

I'm interested to see who they'll sign, seen a lot of Atlético Madrid fans saying they could have done with Kranevitter this season (which is perhaps true considering the lack of depth they've had in central midfield this season) but he hasn't really impressed too much for Sevilla, nor has Vietto for that matter either. Will be an interesting summer for Sevilla as always!

Can safely say I'm more of a Betis man after living in Sevilla for two months. :ay:

I personally believe Sevilla can still continue to be a steady club. Losing Monchi is massive, but they are a well run club these days . Their main focus should be on moving away from being a feeder club as whoever is their sporting director or manager, they still have to replace nearly a full team every year and that is not a way to move forward.

football forum

Peruvian left back is linked with Sevilla and Marseille.

I know not many of you will know who he is, but he is arguably Peru's best player. His technique is like no other. Also very versatile. You can play him in pretty much any position and he'd do well. Such sublime vision, acompanied with a great passing technique and a runner who will get to the final third and perform a great cross. His weakness is that defensively he can be a bit weak. 

Its crazy that he was playing for Union Comercio until last year. He was a nobody, now he is such an important asset and the fact he's barely lasting in Brazil is a testament to how good he is.

Sounds very interesting.  Don't know too much about him but I bet he's part of the remaining work Monchi done in identifying gems before he went off to Roma a few weeks back.

football forum

Now he's wanted by Sampdoria. He's a special lad. Not many Peruvians become this in demand by European teams. Even Christian Cueva who was (supposedly) wanted by PSG was this in demand.

I would say Sevilla if Monchi was still there, but because he's not I rather Marseille.

football forum

And now Lazio. Decisions for him. 

2hft4qf.jpg

They paid 9 million to take him back. haha what the hell? Why did they let him go in the first place?

4 hours ago, Dalmore said:

2hft4qf.jpg

They paid 9 million to take him back. haha what the hell? Why did they let him go in the first place?

He forced the move to Inter, that's why he ended up there.

But Sevilla isn't the same club he left. No Monchi and no Unai Emery who is the only one that knows how to control him and bring out his best. 

Jordan Amavi heading to Seville

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40540721

Aston Villa have agreed to sell left-back Jordan Amavi to Spanish La Liga side Sevilla for an undisclosed fee.

Former France Under-21 international Amavi, 23, will join on a five-year deal if he passes a medical.

Amavi joined Villa from Nice in July 2015 and made 48 appearances in all competitions for the Birmingham club.

Having recovered from a serious knee injury, Amavi returned to Steve Bruce's side last season, helping Villa finish 13th in the Championship.

The big news is that Vitolo may have signed a 5 year extension at Sevilla which in all honesty I'm amazed at but if true is great news for them.

On 11/07/2017 at 3:35 PM, SirBalon said:

The big news is that Vitolo may have signed a 5 year extension at Sevilla which in all honesty I'm amazed at but if true is great news for them.

He's gone to Atletico in the end and has a 150 million clause.

It's a good move for him as it's pointless him sticking around at Sevilla when they have literally sold every good player they have. There is no Monchi now to replace these men and it's only downhill for Sevilla unless something miraculous happens, it's not going to be easy for them either way. They are pretty much a feeder club if we are honest and Vitolo needs to be playing for a bigger side. Atletico will give him everything he needs right now.

I heard a week or so ago that he would be loaned out to Las Palmas until January, when he would be eligible to play for Atletico, although I'm not sure if that is still the case.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He's gone to Atletico in the end and has a 150 million clause.

It's a good move for him as it's pointless him sticking around at Sevilla when they have literally sold every good player they have. There is no Monchi now to replace these men and it's only downhill for Sevilla unless something miraculous happens, it's not going to be easy for them either way. They are pretty much a feeder club if we are honest and Vitolo needs to be playing for a bigger side. Atletico will give him everything he needs right now.

I heard a week or so ago that he would be loaned out to Las Palmas until January, when he would be eligible to play for Atletico, although I'm not sure if that is still the case.

Yeah, Sevilla are pretty messed up since Monchi went to AS Roma...  Add to that the way Jorge Sampaoli left for the Argentina national side position when Sevilla had placed a whole project tailor made for his type of coaching on the table.  Monchi done a lot of the work before he departed for Sampaoli to have what he required and requested in terms of types of players and Monchi also left the rest of the project on his office table so to speak so that this summer they could be even more competitive for the new season.  It's all gone into the office wastepaper basket I would expect and the club has been left in limbo.

On the Vitolo front...  When the rumours that Sampaoli was leaving and then Monchi also, he is known to have become extremely petulant in everything surrounding what he is required to do as a player.  Vitolo was entertaining all offers from various clubs around Europe from Barça, Atlético, Roma and AC Milan.  Sevilla began negotiations at that point to try and tie him down to a new extended deal with almost double the wages.  He wasn't having any of it but last week (to cut a long story short because a lot more occurred) Sevilla announced that both the player and the club had come to an agreement to extend his contract and with this ending all speculation surrounding his move to Atlético Madrid which was his favoured one as they guaranteed him first team football without moving away from La Liga.  All that was left was the protocol of the pictures of him signing the new deal.  Two days later he flies out to Madrid and signs for Atleti.

He done a bit of a bastard to be honest.

Sevilla are going backwards!

Would Monchi have done this?

I doubt it.

On 01/08/2017 at 4:37 PM, SirBalon said:

Sevilla are going backwards!

In the end, this doesn't look to be the case so far to be honest. They are one of the most solid sides at the moment in Spain and got themselves a big point away to Liverpool without even playing well the other week. I see a solid side there as they have been for years now, even after always making big changes every summer.