talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sevilla FC Discussion

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

They did  ..maybe it was like Robinho made Ireland look like a great player with there link up play, maybe Aguero did the same for Negredo

The important thing is when something works and not so much looking deep into it. I remember Beardsley and Lineker for England and nobody back then cared to analyse how good each individual was...  Chemistry is what counts!

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The important thing is when something works and not so much looking deep into it. I remember Beardsley and Lineker for England and nobody back then cared to analyse how good each individual was...  Chemistry is what counts!

If it works, it works!  

12 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

They did  ..maybe it was like Robinho made Ireland look like a great player with there link up play, maybe Aguero did the same for Negredo

He was even better for Sevilla before going to City.

Negredo/Navas were immense for them. His problem since that half of a season with City was injuries. He was just never the same again, even when he returned to Spain and went to Valencia.

6 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He was even better for Sevilla before going to City.

Negredo/Navas were immense for them. His problem since that half of a season with City was injuries. He was just never the same again, even when he returned to Spain and went to Valencia.

Must of been some player if he was better than he was at City .. shame for the lad, i liked him a lot

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Must of been some player if he was better than he was at City .. shame for the lad, i liked him a lot

Rebel is right, he was brilliant for Sevilla that season and he’d already had good seasons before that at Rayo.  After that Sevilla season Real Madrid were seriously contemplating taking their option on him but he apparently made it clear he didn’t want to return as he wanted first team football and couldn’t see that happening at Real.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Rebel is right, he was brilliant for Sevilla that season and he’d already had good seasons before that at Rayo.  After that Sevilla season Real Madrid were seriously contemplating taking their option on him but he apparently made it clear he didn’t want to return as he wanted first team football and couldn’t see that happening at Real.

Almeria is where he was at before Sevilla mate, he did well there as well though in a season or 2.

He was class for Sevilla during his whole stint to be honest. Was it 4/5 seasons he did there? Anyway he was class in Spain in general and they lost a top striker there. Then again, they did replace him with Carlos Bacca who had 2 brilliant seasons  there.

Once he moved back to Spain and went to Valencia, he was never the same again. Injuries can take their toll, he also looked to put on a lot of weight. Maybe he took a liking to the fish and chips when living in Manchester:ph34r:

Edited by The Rebel CRS

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Almeria is where he was at before Sevilla mate, he did well there as well though in a season or 2.

He was class for Sevilla during his whole stint to be honest. Was it 4/5 seasons he did there? Anyway he was class in Spain in general and they lost a top striker there. Then again, they did replace him with Carlos Bacca who had 2 brilliant seasons  there.

Once he moved back to Spain and went to Valencia, he was never the same again. Injuries can take their toll, he also looked to put on a lot of weight. Maybe he took a liking to the fish and chips when living in Manchester:ph34r:

Oops! Yeah, don’t known where I got Rayo from! xD

I should learn to check these things out as I take it all off the top of my head. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Ray Wilkins believes Sevilla would be a bottom 6 club if they played in England xD

How many trophies has Sevilla won in the past 10 years? :dam:

In all honesty though, that’s not even close to being one of Ray Wilkins’ most hilarious comments over the years, so just imagine!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite Sevilla moment was when they played Liverpool in the Europa League final. Nothing against Liverpool but so many pundits across Sky harping on about the glory days, how Jurgen was about to etch his name into history, how much of a walkover it was going to be. Who even are Sevilla type questions. Watching them look like muppets was more entertaining than the match.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Are Sevilla likely to have any players at the World Cup? Just because the World Cup finishes on July 15th, and Sevilla's 2018/19 season kicks off on July 12th in the Europa League qualifiers. 

People talk about winter breaks, but these players barely get a summer break now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Subscriber

Monchi rejected Arsenal offer in order to make Sevilla return

Monchi turned down an offer from Arsenal in order to return to Sevilla, he said on Monday, adding that he had not been approached by Real Madrid.

After leaving Roma earlier this month, Monchi had been linked with a move to the Gunners as a replacement for departed head of recruitment Sven Mislintat.

But Sevilla announced his return as their sporting director at the weekend and, speaking at a news conference on Monday, he said: "I thank Arsenal for their interest.

"It has been the club that has shown the most interest in me but, in the end, I evaluated all of the offers I had on the table and I chose the one that convinced me most.

"I had other options and very important ones that were flashier, but I've chosen Sevilla because its sporting project convinced me.

"I want to thank everyone that contributed to my return to what I consider to be my home."

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3804014/monchi-rejected-arsenal-offer-in-order-to-make-sevilla-return

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...