talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sevilla FC Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Sevilla FC make it official on their Twitter account that Monchi will be leaving at the end of the season.  The most famous technical director in the world has rejected the advances from FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus amongst other big clubs around Europe.  He's apparently going to AS Roma (this part hasn't been made official yet).

Will this mark the downturn in Sevilla's fortunes?

football forum

This is an astronomical loss for Sevilla, a lot of their success rests at his door.

I've got a lot of time for Monchi for going to Roma too, rejecting the big boys for a project in Italy is admirable.

• Subscriber

I do think he'd be wasted at someone like Real Madrid. Real Madrid won't be pining for bargains. They can buy just about who they want. I don't think they'd really benefit from his expertise as much as someone like Roma or Sevilla would.

It's a shame he's leaving them. I've followed what's gone on there for a while. It's a model I'd love us to adopt and I've said that a while - which makes it all the madder for me personally what happened a fortnight ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Berizzo could be taking over at Sevilla, it's going to be an interesting first summer for Oscar Arias.

Under Sampaoli, they're a strange team to watch as their style can vary, sometimes they're playing at 100 miles per hour,  the next they're playing at walking pace with Nasri and N'Zonzi dictating that and pulling the strings. It's well documented that most of their players dropped off this season and they definitely need signings and more depth to their squad for next season particularly in defence and in central midfield and they'll do well to keep a hold of N'Zonzi and Vitolo. It still remains to be seen whether they'll keep a hold of Jovetic as well who's been decent for them.

I'm interested to see who they'll sign, seen a lot of Atlético Madrid fans saying they could have done with Kranevitter this season (which is perhaps true considering the lack of depth they've had in central midfield this season) but he hasn't really impressed too much for Sevilla, nor has Vietto for that matter either. Will be an interesting summer for Sevilla as always!

Can safely say I'm more of a Betis man after living in Sevilla for two months. :ay:

Edited by carefreeluke

I personally believe Sevilla can still continue to be a steady club. Losing Monchi is massive, but they are a well run club these days . Their main focus should be on moving away from being a feeder club as whoever is their sporting director or manager, they still have to replace nearly a full team every year and that is not a way to move forward.

• 1 month later...

Peruvian left back is linked with Sevilla and Marseille.

I know not many of you will know who he is, but he is arguably Peru's best player. His technique is like no other. Also very versatile. You can play him in pretty much any position and he'd do well. Such sublime vision, acompanied with a great passing technique and a runner who will get to the final third and perform a great cross. His weakness is that defensively he can be a bit weak. 

Its crazy that he was playing for Union Comercio until last year. He was a nobody, now he is such an important asset and the fact he's barely lasting in Brazil is a testament to how good he is.

Now he's wanted by Sampdoria. He's a special lad. Not many Peruvians become this in demand by European teams. Even Christian Cueva who was (supposedly) wanted by PSG was this in demand.

I would say Sevilla if Monchi was still there, but because he's not I rather Marseille.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dalmore said:

2hft4qf.jpg

They paid 9 million to take him back. haha what the hell? Why did they let him go in the first place?

He forced the move to Inter, that's why he ended up there.

But Sevilla isn't the same club he left. No Monchi and no Unai Emery who is the only one that knows how to control him and bring out his best. 

• Administrator

Jordan Amavi heading to Seville

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40540721

Aston Villa have agreed to sell left-back Jordan Amavi to Spanish La Liga side Sevilla for an undisclosed fee.

Former France Under-21 international Amavi, 23, will join on a five-year deal if he passes a medical.

Amavi joined Villa from Nice in July 2015 and made 48 appearances in all competitions for the Birmingham club.

Having recovered from a serious knee injury, Amavi returned to Steve Bruce's side last season, helping Villa finish 13th in the Championship.