talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dodi Lukebakio - Hertha Sign Watford Striker For £20m

• Subscriber

Couldn't find a Watford thread?

Quote.thumb.png.b78284087b133a7e855597f6426a07ca.png

Dodi Lukebakio: Watford sell striker to Hertha Berlin for reported £20m

Watford have sold Dodi Lukebakio to Hertha Berlin for a reported £20m, despite the striker only playing a total of 15 minutes for the Hornets.

The 21-year-old Belgian joined Watford from Anderlecht in January 2018 and was a substitute in a 2-0 Premier League defeat at West Ham the following month.

He spent last season on loan with Bundesliga side Fortuna Dusseldorf, scoring 14 goals in 34 games.

That included a hat-trick in a 3-3 draw with Bayern Munich in November.

The Belgium Under-21 international is the only player to ever score three goals in a Bundesliga game against Manuel Neuer.

"Hertha is a big club in Germany and showed a lot of interest in me," said Lukebakio after signing what his new club call a long-term deal.

"I knew very quickly that I wanted to join the club. I want to play a lot of football here and score loads of goals."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49196777

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Dodi Lukebakio - Hertha Sign Watford Striker For £20m

This is where football has gone mad and not really at the other end of the elite transfers (although it's the elite transfers that have taken it all to this stupid scenario). Who is Lukebakio to command such a transfer fee? The blame lies at the feet of the buying clubs really. It's ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is where football has gone mad and not really at the other end of the elite transfers (although it's the elite transfers that have taken it all to this stupid scenario). Who is Lukebakio to command such a transfer fee? The blame lies at the feet of the buying clubs really. It's ridiculous.

More than half as good as Andy Carroll was in 2011, so you English can't put the blame here on anyone than yourselves.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Being honest, it's a lot of money still nothing extraordinary in today's market. Can't understand this surprise, specially not coming from English football supporters of club's that are used to throwing money around like feathers.

Just because we're "English" supporters, it doesn't mean we agree with the situation, hence my criticism of this transfer fee.

He played a big part in keeping us in the league, and I thought he'd join a team like Gladbach or Schalke... but for less money? 20 Mio? Wow. Well, will be interesting to see how he does at Hertha, but... weird. 

Archived