talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea - European Super Cup Final - Liverpool win 5-4 on penalties

football forum

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Gomez looks pretty shit at right back now on this showing

Hes not being helped by the midfielders losing the ball everytime they touch it to be fair. 

Worst performance by us for a long time that. 

It's a good job we are going to fucking wallop them second half :D

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Gomez looks pretty shit at right back now on this showing

Absolutely no reason that Trent isn't playing. It's one game into the season so any excuses of giving players a rest can fuck off. 

Some very bad calls from Klopp in that line up for me. No Trent, Bobby or Gini is very odd.

I'm not particularly fussed, because it's a glorified friendly imo, but these changes made for the sake of experimentation (at least that's how it looks to me) like it is a friendly are clearly not working. Haven't seen our midfield look this shit in over a year.

Great half of football from us, got to be pleased with the way we have gone about things coming off the back of Sundays defeat.. Expected way more intent from Liverpool but it's just not showing.. a goal for them though could change all that but so far really positive play from us.. Need another though to make Liverpool have to work hard for it, one error from us at the back and the tables could soon turn.. 

• Subscriber

Kante is the magic sauce in that midfield. He's literally harassed and won every single ball we've tried to play down that side and then fed it back to Pedro with ease. We need a change in that midfield and some possession without the easy giveaways. 

Archived