talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea - European Super Cup Final - Liverpool win 5-4 on penalties

football forum

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well done Liverpool. Had them down as 3-1 winners. Decent penalties all round until the last one from Abraham which was shit. Kepa was close to saving a couple. 

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Such a shit way to lose a final. At least its not a big one. Chelsea did very well overall, probably better team. 

Over the 90 minutes I think thats actually true. They were so much better in possession and could have actually won the game in regulation time but it wasn't meant to be. I think they're going to be fine over the course of the season irrespective of their opening day result.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Such a shit way to lose a final. At least its not a big one. Chelsea did very well overall, probably better team. 

Yeah I think Chelsea edged it, even tho the stats say we had the chances. 

Decent game though.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yea, can't knock the effort tonight especially coming back into it twice.. showed a good fighting spirit, shame it had to come down to penalties... Abraham will be gutted it was his kick that decided the outcome.. 

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'm sure that'll help build Abraham's confidence up...

Lukaku 2.0. 2013 SuperCup, 

Great performance. One of these days our chances will find the back of the net. Much more compact in a 433 vs a 4231 

I actually feel bad for Tammy the Tampon, he's just a kid and because of him they were able to win that penalty that let that drag on for as long as it did. It's gotta be tough having parents giving you a cruel name like that... but now he's probably taken a massive hit to his confidence.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I actually feel bad for Tammy the Tampon, he's just a kid and because of him they were able to win that penalty that let that drag on for as long as it did. It's gotta be tough having parents giving you a cruel name like that... but now he's probably taken a massive hit to his confidence.

Its a nickname because his name is rather ethnic.

Archived