talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea - European Super Cup Final - Liverpool win 5-4 on penalties

football forum

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea, can't knock the effort tonight especially coming back into it twice.. showed a good fighting spirit, shame it had to come down to penalties... Abraham will be gutted it was his kick that decided the outcome.. 

What’s the deal with Batshuayi? He would’ve put in that cross from Pedro similar to Atletico Madrid.

Tammy’s been such a let down so far.  

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Ignore them mate.. just typical name calling spite that's all it is... I intend to copy and paste @Dr. Gonzo comments up on his twitter account so he knows what a bunch of nasty fuckers they can be.. B|

Good, tell him to stop being such a Tampon and to just call himself Kevin. I slated his parents for no reason, they just wanted Kevin to grow up normal. Instead he’s decided to self identify as a tampon and play for Chelsea. I feel for them

Yeah, overall Chelsea were slightly the better team tonight. After they equalised with their 2nd goal, they looked the most likely to get the 3rd goal. Congratulations to Liverpool though, they played very well in spells and their front 3 are as excellent as ever.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

What’s the deal with Batshuayi? He would’ve put in that cross from Pedro similar to Atletico Madrid.

Tammy’s been such a let down so far.  

Not sure, we had that option off the bench and have not used him so far.. he looked like a good bet pre season for game time and yet nothing so far so not sure why?? 

Not sure, we had that option off the bench and have not used him so far.. he looked like a good bet pre season for game time and yet nothing so far so not sure why?? 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Giroud and Kevin look better in training. I imagine Lampard’s like most people and doesn’t put too much stock into pre-season form.

And it’s been what, two matches? I’m sure he’ll get a fair shake sooner or later. Probably sooner rather than later if wonky finishing continues 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Giroud and Kevin look better in training. I imagine Lampard’s like most people and doesn’t put too much stock into pre-season form.

And it’s been what, two matches? I’m sure he’ll get a fair shake sooner or later. Probably sooner rather than later if wonky finishing continues 

As long as he doesn't get too dis heartened by his start he could be knocking about among the top goal scorers come the end of the season.. just needs a couple to go in and he will be off and running.. 

As long as he doesn't get too dis heartened by his start he could be knocking about among the top goal scorers come the end of the season.. just needs a couple to go in and he will be off and running.. 

He’s suffering from Moratitis unfortunately.  Either he gets out of it or he’ll forever be mentally weak. Good thing he’s still very young, 

I’d still start him Sunday 

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea that's enough from a Liverpool point of view thanks @CaaC (John)... they were not bothered about winning it until they did and now it's like a gold crown all of  a sudden.. running around cheering and what not, celebrating like they have just achieved world peace or something.. 

If it makes you feel any better, I still think it’s a glorified friendly. Happy we won it though, but I’m annoyed it went to extra time

• Subscriber

Enjoyed the game, Chelsea were pretty impressive. Liverpool looked leggy but have superior quality up front.

I just wish it had been Barkley who missed the only penalty because Everton twitter would have been absolute gold.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If it makes you feel any better, I still think it’s a glorified friendly. Happy we won it though, but I’m annoyed it went to extra time

Yea but I wanted us to win it so we could run around laughing and patting each other on the back and what not... 

Thought we had very dominant periods for 10-15 minute spells there but Chelsea had their moments too. Probably quite entertaining for the neutral but we need to improve over the course of 90 minutes and I'm sure we will as the season progresses.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea that's enough from a Liverpool point of view thanks @CaaC (John)... they were not bothered about winning it until they did and now it's like a gold crown all of  a sudden.. running around cheering and what not, celebrating like they have just achieved world peace or something.. 

I am a neutral buddy and to be honest I wanted Chelsea to win it, I am a Glasgow Rangers supporter here in Scotland and supporters of Chelsea do come up here in Scotland and follow Rangers...

Chelsea-and-Glasgow-Rangers.jpg?w=460&ss

LINK   

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

I am a neutral buddy and to be honest I wanted Chelsea to win it, I am a Glasgow Rangers supporter here in Scotland and supporters of Chelsea do come up here in Scotland and follow Rangers...

Chelsea-and-Glasgow-Rangers.jpg?w=460&ss

LINK   

That's because we are the only fans that can go to that part of the country and not worry about coming back alive.. 

Has Hoddle actually just compared Lampard's first two games for Chelsea, against Klopps first two at Liverpool? 

Jesus xD

Lampard took over the Europa League winners...

Klopp took over a team that was struggling to stay in the top half of the table xD

30 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Has Hoddle actually just compared Lampard's first two games for Chelsea, against Klopps first two at Liverpool? 

Jesus xD

Lampard took over the Europa League winners...

Klopp took over a team that was struggling to stay in the top half of the table xD

Well to be fair, at some points so were Chelsea.

Extremely pleased with the performance, every player did his part and penalties are a lottery. Interesting that in the 2013 we lost on penalties when another youngster Lukaku missed the penalty, perhaps Pedro should have gone for the pressure penalty. Think Tammy will bounce back with no effects, shame as we really gave our best and just three days back we had a game with little rest. No excuses just stating that there were tired legs. Kante was sensational last night, did no wrong even Zouma who was heavily criticized was solid and did a good job. Kepa made two outstanding saves to keep us in the game and Emerson, Pulišić where also one of the better performers. Think Lampard gave the players a boost we didn't bounce back with a win but we did bounce back with a excellent performance. Now a string of "easier" games head of us hope we can kick off with a win on Sunday.

11 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Kante is the magic sauce

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol why do we even have VAR? If referees are still going to be shit, then just let them be shit without wasting everyone's fucking time. Video review to keep a referee error? What's the fucking point.

Indeed... 

View image on Twitter

That's a retaken penalty all day long under the new rules... 

Archived