talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea - European Super Cup Final - Liverpool win 5-4 on penalties

football forum

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Bibiana Steinhaus has been refereeing football matches in Germany's top tiers (including 1. Bundesliga) for years and hasn't had a single issue; whether with keeping up physically or keeping players in check. If she passes the same tests as male refs, why would it be a problem? Unless of course they're doing it as a PR stunt for publicity only. 

Beat me to it! Couldn't remember her name though, must mean she's not done well :ph34r:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

I can name some PL ones but that doesn't really prove anything.

There's been a female referee in the Bundesliga I think? She's not caused controversy to my knowledge and has been able to handle 'inflated egos'...

Yeah, thus why I think its worth experimenting. What happens in the long term is just a personal hunch. It's certainly a good cause and it's better than having a female manager in the mens game for example.

I don't really see what the issue is with having a female ref... I am pretty sure she had to work a lot harder to be where she is than most of her male counterparts who didn't get sniggered at for daring to enter a male dominated sport... good luck to her

Bloody Keyboard Troglodytes... 

Image result for troglodytes

• Administrator
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

It's not even about the players, it's the limitations of HER. The Bayern league aka Bundesliga has been on decline at the same pace as the serie a. Regardless of the state of Chelsea, the match is way more demanding and appealing than a Bundesliga match. Nothing but a gimmick show to please the same people that forced the NFL to give extra attention to the first openly gay nfl player picked in the draft. I'm fed up with this type of self-entitle bullshit. I will be boycotting this match simple because she was given the job over a plethora of experience and better qualified Male refs 

Just heard UEFA have cancelled the match now that Teso has decided to boycott the match.

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The only thing that is keeping the Bundesliga relevant it's the faithful fan bases that fill up the stadium. Sadly the germans are always too drunk to realize the decline of the league, much less a female ref getting away with average performances. 

Once again, showing that you're a scumbag. I can understand disagreements about this but you need to understand women aren't sex tools. You've called out womens football for being a "waste of time and money" and continuously call them hoes.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The only thing that is keeping the Bundesliga relevant it's the faithful fan bases that fill up the stadium. Sadly the germans are always too drunk to realize the decline of the league, much less a female ref getting away with average performances. 

Trying too hard there xD 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

How many BL matches do you watch, and more specifically, any of hers that she's officiated?

Because I'm not sure how you could decipher she has 'average performances' if you boycott games just because she's a female referee and you continue to watch a league that's in so much decline according to you...?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Once again the female twists the words to fit her agenda. Still got mad luv for you but you dont have to overhype a female just to fit in  Although I can see how a female would be blind to the female ref's flaws simple because they are too focus on the fact that she is a female, not her qualifications. Her getting picked to ref a way out of her league competitive match makes as much sense as gender neutral bathrooms 

Didn't know you're such an expert of Bundesliga referee performances xD 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Expert? I wont lie and say I watch every match but the ones that get my attention are dull af to the point where a sub par subject like a undeserved female ref is more interesting :what: she simply got chosen because of the FEMALE check mark..  not because she deserved it.

Not sure if we're still talking about this ref that is chosen for this European Super Cup or about Steinhaus? :what: I don't have a clue about the former one and it might be just a PR stunt for all I care but the latter one has been refereeing men matches for over 15 years and kept on receiving good marks in DFL evaluations year in year out so got promoted to the top tier together with other male referees a few years ago based on that and not on some stupid gender quotas or publicity. Is she the best ref in the league? Definitely not. Is she the worst? Definitely not either. Not sure what the fuss is about. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Stan said:

How many BL matches do you watch, and more specifically, any of hers that she's officiated?

Because I'm not sure how you could decipher she has 'average performances' if you boycott games just because she's a female referee and you continue to watch a league that's in so much decline according to you...?

@Teso dos Bichos mate you seem to have skipped these questions :)

Is it true that's she's only refereed TWO mens top flight games? 

If that's the case then I don't think she should be officiating a European cup final at all (even if most look at it as a glorified friendly, it's still a trophy). She hasn't got the experience for it, which makes me think this just a PR move and I hate that. 

I only want officials who are qualified to be refereeing major games and finals, whether they are male or female.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 17:20, RandoEFC said:

Hopefully there are no incidents. Even if she makes an honest mistake which could and does happen to make referees all the time, any criticism of her performance will lead to a SJW war on social media.

"If A mAn MaDe ThAt MiStAkE nObOdY wOuLd SaY aNyThInG iTs JuSt CaUsE yOuRe ThReAtEnEd By A wOmAn ReAcHiNg ThE tOp Of HeR fIeLd" 

Could do without it.

Yes, I think the biggest to thing to be worried about is that some people might defend a woman from criticism, perhaps incorrectly, rather than the absolute deluge of sexist bile that will occur.

22 hours ago, Rick said:

Is it true that's she's only refereed TWO mens top flight games? 

If that's the case then I don't think she should be officiating a European cup final at all (even if most look at it as a glorified friendly, it's still a trophy). She hasn't got the experience for it, which makes me think this just a PR move and I hate that. 

I only want officials who are qualified to be refereeing major games and finals, whether they are male or female.

European final xD, it's a mickey mouse trophy that means nothing. Except to those wanting to massage their trophy hauls.

It's going to be a mouthful showdown and I think Liverpool has the edge, I believe we'll win. Chelsea is still making some adjustments with the new manager still trying to find his fit while we saw over the weekend that Liverpool is on song. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yes, I think the biggest to thing to be worried about is that some people might defend a woman from criticism, perhaps incorrectly, rather than the absolute deluge of sexist bile that will occur.

I'm not talking about genuine sexism, I'm talking about the first time someone says "bit of a harsh booking for me that" and the hypersensitive SJW virtue-signalling army instantly whip their pitchforks out.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I'm not talking about genuine sexism, I'm talking about the first time someone says "bit of a harsh booking for me that" and the hypersensitive SJW virtue-signalling army instantly whip their pitchforks out.

Yes, I know. The fact you think that is the biggest issues is telling.

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Yes, I know. The fact you think that is the biggest issues is telling.

When did I say it was the biggest issue? I just said I couldn't be arsed with it. Everyone is going to be going on about sexism and the internet is enough of an echo chamber already so forgive me if I'm not clambering to grumble about the same thing everyones already going to be talking about.

Perhaps you'd like to expand though on how that's "telling"?

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

European final xD, it's a mickey mouse trophy that means nothing. Except to those wanting to massage their trophy hauls.

Think I already addressed that in my post? 

Whether or not it's seen as bullshit or not she's still not qualified to officiate it. 

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Says who? Would you have even bothered to look at the record of the referee if it had been male?

I wasn't bothered to look up her record. I heard it on Sunday Supliment. Had I have not heard it I would have not commented on it, I would have continued to assume she was chosen because she is more than qualified for the job. 

Don't try and pin sexist views on to me, I was in here first thing defending the choice, assuming she was an experienced ref in other leagues. I've said it plenty but I'll say it again; I only agree with experienced referees officiating cup finals.

I'm not sure why but I've always viewed the Super Cup as a bit more than a 'friendly' in comparison to the Charity Shield where I do see that as a friendly. Maybe it's the timing of it or the fact it seems a bigger deal to other European sides, I'm not sure haha

Archived