talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea - European Super Cup Final - Liverpool win 5-4 on penalties

football forum

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Under the laws of the game, shouldn't Christensen have just let that ball smash him in the face, rather than him being allowed to block his face with his hands? Probably harsh, but rules are rules.

Zambrano conceded a similar penalty for us in the Copa America, and I actually agreed with the decision as much as it annoyed me. Everyone was telling me its nature, but that's not what sport is about.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's ridiculous. Nature means we protect our heads and bollocks. You can't penalise people for stuff so close. 

Agree with that, just surprised they never took a look even if they ruled it as no penalty.. They may well have flagged it and the ref wants to not have to rely on it?? 

Lol my brain forgot what year we're in. I saw Lampard out on the touchline in his tracksuit and I thought "I'm surprised they didn't start Lampard." He hasn't played for Chelsea in years lol

Probably still would be one of their better midfielders late on in a match

@Dr. Gonzo This is what you're talking about I think. And I agree its a penalty even if its nature or not. Again, that's not what this sport is about, it's very conservative and careless of the player.

2ba734b8a3b3fe4e444b182db64b282f.gif

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Woeful from Liverpool so far. They're in a battle for 4th.

You can do better. 

Our midfield is just non existent here. You wouldn't think we had any midfielders player with how useless they have been.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well our passing, pressing, transition and final ball have been dire so far. 

We started well against United until the penalty changed things and we look the same tonight.. just got to hope that we are more disciplined for the 90 minutes especially if we should go a goal down this time.. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Losing the midfield battle here big time. Pull ya socks up you pathetic CL winning twats. 

Can't live on past glories mate.. you are only as good as the last trophy you competed for... which was the sausage roll plate trophy and you lost that.. B|

Archived