talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea - European Super Cup Final - Liverpool win 5-4 on penalties

football forum

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Has Hoddle actually just compared Lampard's first two games for Chelsea, against Klopps first two at Liverpool? 

Jesus xD

Lampard took over the Europa League winners...

Klopp took over a team that was struggling to stay in the top half of the table xD

You were runners up with Rodgers then 6th then you played 8 games and sacked him while you were tenth. You’re going on as if Klopp has done a Eddie Howe style job, you spent millions you should be where you are. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You were runners up with Rodgers then 6th then you played 8 games and sacked him while you were tenth. You’re going on as if Klopp has done a Eddie Howe style job, you spent millions you should be where you are. 

We should be league runners up and CL winners with what we have spent?

Yeah ok then xD

This was the team Klopp took over:

Liverpool’s starting XI v Spurs: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Leiva, Can, Milner, Lallana (replaced by Allen), Coutinho (replaced by Ibe), Origi
Subs: Toure, Allen, Ibe, Bogdan, Sinclair, Vilaca Teixeira, Randall

You cant compare that to the team Lampard has took over, not with a straight face anyway.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

We should be league runners up and CL winners with what we have spent?

Yeah ok then xD

This was the team Klopp took over:

Liverpool’s starting XI v Spurs: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Leiva, Can, Milner, Lallana (replaced by Allen), Coutinho (replaced by Ibe), Origi
Subs: Toure, Allen, Ibe, Bogdan, Sinclair, Vilaca Teixeira, Randall

You cant compare that to the team Lampard has took over, not with a straight face anyway.

Well fair to say is that Klopp is also a manager far longer than Lampard is, but yes the teams are incomparable.

Alright I’m gonna stop calling him Kevin and call him the name he actually wants to use, because I’ve just learned that his social media is full of racial abuse after what was probably one of the toughest moments of his short career, considering he was in tears after missing that penalty.

But Tammy Abraham has been pummeled with racist abuse for missing that penalty on social media. And that’s so fucked up, it was already a painful moment for him - he was in tears at the end of the match FFS. And for him to have to deal with racist abuse for missing that penalty is really rubbing salt on the wound... after using a knife to carve that wound open bigger.

Racists are sick in the head, but it’s particularly cruel to kick him while he’s down. He’s only a kid FFS. And it’s fucking Chelsea fans for the most part! He was absolutely gutted to not score it for them, nobody deserves racial abuse but that makes it all the more disgusting.

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Alright I’m gonna stop calling him Kevin and call him the name he actually wants to use, because I’ve just learned that his social media is full of racial abuse after what was probably one of the toughest moments of his short career, considering he was in tears after missing that penalty.

But Tammy Abraham has been pummeled with racist abuse for missing that penalty on social media. And that’s so fucked up, it was already a painful moment for him - he was in tears at the end of the match FFS. And for him to have to deal with racist abuse for missing that penalty is really rubbing salt on the wound... after using a knife to carve that wound open bigger.

Racists are sick in the head, but it’s particularly cruel to kick him while he’s down. He’s only a kid FFS. And it’s fucking Chelsea fans for the most part! He was absolutely gutted to not score it for them, nobody deserves racial abuse but that makes it all the more disgusting.

Funny thinking about social media is that i can put a Liverpool badge on my profile page and be a racist. People will say Liverpool fans are abusing the player, same stands for Chelsea. No excuses obviously if they were really Chelsea fans, but how big of a fan are you to abuse your own players in any manner? I am certain that Chelsea fans dont have more racists than any other club, however people are extremely fast to point fingers. Many clubs report racism daily, but maybe it's because of the "popularity" of the club etc.

8 hours ago, True Blue said:

Funny thinking about social media is that i can put a Liverpool badge on my profile page and be a racist. People will say Liverpool fans are abusing the player, same stands for Chelsea. No excuses obviously if they were really Chelsea fans, but how big of a fan are you to abuse your own players in any manner? I am certain that Chelsea fans dont have more racists than any other club, however people are extremely fast to point fingers. Many clubs report racism daily, but maybe it's because of the "popularity" of the club etc.

I mean yeah that’s the thing about social media. Although if I was a Liverpool fan being a twat on Twitter I’d thank him for his shit finishing and for having his pen saved, rather than abuse him for his skin colour.

I agree that most clubs probably have racists in their support, that’s just statistics. But Chelsea are always going to be sort of “tainted” in terms of having racists in their fan base - because of their historical connection with various white supremacy groups, most famously the Chelsea Headhunters.

I obviously don’t think all Chelsea fans are racist, I’d bet most of them aren’t racist at all. But Chelsea has had a problem with racism and the fact they have to have a program to take neo-Nazis to Auschwitz to educate racists indicates it’s still a bit of a problem with the club

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean yeah that’s the thing about social media. Although if I was a Liverpool fan being a twat on Twitter I’d thank him for his shit finishing and for having his pen saved, rather than abuse him for his skin colour.

I agree that most clubs probably have racists in their support, that’s just statistics. But Chelsea are always going to be sort of “tainted” in terms of having racists in their fan base - because of their historical connection with various white supremacy groups, most famously the Chelsea Headhunters.

I obviously don’t think all Chelsea fans are racist, I’d bet most of them aren’t racist at all. But Chelsea has had a problem with racism and the fact they have to have a program to take neo-Nazis to Auschwitz to educate racists indicates it’s still a bit of a problem with the club

Every club has their idiots and Chelsea has its minority (like any other club) but it's true to say that minority is a bigger minority when compared to most clubs in England.

• Subscriber

I do wonder with Twitter how many of these accounts are genuine, and how many of them are internet banter-lords who make fake Chelsea accounts to add more mass to the probably very small amount of genuine stupidity on there.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I do wonder with Twitter how many of these accounts are genuine, and how many of them are internet banter-lords who make fake Chelsea accounts to add more mass to the probably very small amount of genuine stupidity on there.

Talking of idiot Chelsea fans. I know he's a young cunt but he needs to realise Chelsea's vice-chairman also died in a helicopter crash...

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Talking of idiot Chelsea fans. I know he's a young cunt but he needs to realise Chelsea's vice-chairman also died in a helicopter crash...

Would not surprise me if that's the best he is able to communicate with people.. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh he's aware. If you go through his twitter posts its just a long list of comments made which probably started out as a just for kicks but its morphed into what it is now. Plus, we as a society have to realize now that it doesn't take much to type garbage like that and push it out on the internet with zero consequences so it just reinforces whatever you post without much else. Even if someone points it out its like pouring water over a ducks back.

Archived