talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Highland League

football forum

• Subscriber

Chairman's delight as Fraserburgh celebrate first Highland League title in 20 years

In front of over 1700 spectators, Fraserburgh clinched the Breedon Highland League with a 5-0 home victory over Forres Mechanics at a bouncing Bellslea Park on Saturday.

download (1).png

The Broch’s first title win in 20 years – their previous trumphs came in 1933, 1938 and 2002 – saw kick-off delayed by 15 minutes to let the bumper crowd in and the home supporters were to be treated to a performance befitting of champions.

After a tense opening the hosts took a 1-0 first half advantage thanks to Paul Campbell’s penalty, before second half goals by Paul Young, Grant Campbell, Sean Butcher and Willie West secured glory for Mark Cowie’s side.

Delighted Fraserburgh chairman Finlay Noble, who has held this role for 14 years, told The Fraserburgh Herald: "I’m absolutely the proudest man on the planet just now.

https://www.fraserburghherald.co.uk/sport/football/chairmans-delight-as-fraserburgh-celebrate-first-highland-league-title-in-20-years-3659541

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
47 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Buckie Thistle and Fraserburgh, last season's top two, play at Victoria Park this afternoon.

The season has only just started, but could be a very big indication of what is to come this season.

I hope Wick can improve this season, I always look out for them since working up there in 2001. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived