talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Silly Season 2020

football forum

He seems very passionate about F1 and Renault though. I like that. I also thought he was hilarious in Drive to Survive and how he tried to stand up against Horner. "Now he needs a driver and an engine", after they signed Ricciardo xD

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He seems very passionate about F1 and Renault though. I like that. I also thought he was hilarious in Drive to Survive and how he tried to stand up against Horner. "Now he needs a driver and an engine", after they signed Ricciardo xD

Yeah - it would have probably been funnier if RB weren't kicking Renault ass, with their engine issues seemingly in the past now, and Renault beyond happy that Williams is still around so that they aren't the bottom feeders of F1. 

I'm kidding about the constructors series, as they are 5th, but they are sooooo dreadful this year. 

24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He comes off as the 'bad' kind of French guy. The one who thinks he's the shit, even though he is average at best. Goes after the big dawgs thinking he is the fucking man, but clueless to the fact that he's fighting someone way outside his class. 

Again, he comes off as so detestable to me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I like Hulkenberg but, to be fair, Stroll and Latifi if he gets confirmed at Williams are the only two drivers who are on the grid for other reasons beside their talent. Hulkenberg has had his chance and done a good job but never quite been good enough to earn a top seat. He hasn't done more in F1 than Bottas, Leclerc, Sainz have done to earn seats at better teams. I say let some of the younger drivers have their chance. It would have been shite if Leclerc for example was a couple of years younger and he missed out on his chance at Alfa Romeo next season so that Hulkenberg could get another season of being good but never troubling the podium.

It was more sad when Ocon got sidelined when he had gone toe to toe with Perez for two years in a row.

I've always rated and liked him, and I was gutted when Hulkenberg crashed out in Germany when he had that podium chance but I'm over him being in F1. He's had 10 years and has been moving sideways for 8 of them. It's time to let go.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I like Hulkenberg but, to be fair, Stroll and Latifi if he gets confirmed at Williams are the only two drivers who are on the grid for other reasons beside their talent. Hulkenberg has had his chance and done a good job but never quite been good enough to earn a top seat. He hasn't done more in F1 than Bottas, Leclerc, Sainz have done to earn seats at better teams. I say let some of the younger drivers have their chance. It would have been shite if Leclerc for example was a couple of years younger and he missed out on his chance at Alfa Romeo next season so that Hulkenberg could get another season of being good but never troubling the podium.

It was more sad when Ocon got sidelined when he had gone toe to toe with Perez for two years in a row.

I've always rated and liked him, and I was gutted when Hulkenberg crashed out in Germany when he had that podium chance but I'm over him being in F1. He's had 10 years and has been moving sideways for 8 of them. It's time to let go.

source.gif

Hülkenberg was often overlooked for a top seat back in the day because of his height. Even though his performances and talent were quite obvious. Now it has been regulated a bit, but he always drove for midfield teams at best and it seems like the ship has sailed. He still deserves to be in F1 IMO. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Don't believe everything you read B|

#FakeNews

So he's out of both F1 and DTM? :35_thinking: There's no place in Formula E anymore. He doesn't want to do IndyCar either. WEC/IMSA the only "bigger" thing left? 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

So he's out of both F1 and DTM? :35_thinking: There's no place in Formula E anymore. He doesn't want to do IndyCar either. WEC/IMSA the only "bigger" thing left? 

Time will tell. Don't underestimate the Hulk and his master plan. B|

• 2 weeks later...

Archived