F1 Silly Season 2020

football forum

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Uh...

Sounds a bit unsubstantiated indeed. I mean I still think that Hülkenberg is speculating with a chance for that Ferrari seat and that's why he rejected various offers already; I just don't think Ferrari told Haas to back off haha.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Apparently it's Kubica to Haas as a test driver.

Hmm, that'd surprise me. I thought it was an open secret that he'll go to Racing Point, as he has a good relationship with the Strolls. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hmm, that'd surprise me. I thought it was an open secret that he'll go to Racing Point, as he has a good relationship with the Strolls. 

Don't know about that but Günther Steiner confirmed that they are already in talks with him albeit in very early stages.

https://de.motorsport.com/f1/news/guenther-steiner-bestaetigt-kubica-koennte-zu-haas-wechseln-19092304/4546508/

I wonder where it would leave Fittipaldi though.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

jjcohcekiwo31.jpg

Oh no. 

They confirmed their first driver today (Mitch Evans) and according to the reports James Calado has already signed a multi-year deal with Jaguar as well so maybe this is just a coincidence xD 

8 hours ago, nudge said:

They confirmed their first driver today (Mitch Evans) and according to the reports James Calado has already signed a multi-year deal with Jaguar as well so maybe this is just a coincidence xD 

Well, that's a relief :D 

• Subscriber
On 27/09/2019 at 02:12, nudge said:

On 27/09/2019 at 11:02, Tommy said:

Well, that's a relief :D 

As expected - James Calado has been revealed as Jaguar's second driver so at least Hülkenberg is off the hook here xD 

51 minutes ago, nudge said:

As expected - James Calado has been revealed as Jaguar's second driver so at least Hülkenberg is off the hook here xD 

Phew. Although, I think I would have watched Formula E regularly if he went there. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Phew. Although, I think I would have watched Formula E regularly if he went there. 

I will do the upcoming season due to Porsche joining. Will have to somehow learn to ignore the weird sounds :dam:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

So, how many open seats are left for 2020?

Red Bull's second seat & Toro Rosso are still unclear.

Williams one seat but it's pretty much guaranteed to be taken by Latifi.

Giovinazzi not confirmed yet but apparently he's supposed to keep his seat.

Just now, nudge said:

Red Bull's second seat & Toro Rosso are still unclear.

Williams one seat but it's pretty much guaranteed to be taken by Latifi.

Giovinazzi not confirmed yet but apparently he's supposed to keep his seat.

Surely one of the TR/RB seats will be Albons. Can't see Daniil without a seat either, same with Gasly. 

Happy for Gio. 

Also, any rumors is a Ferrari seat will open up? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Surely one of the TR/RB seats will be Albons. Can't see Daniil without a seat either, same with Gasly. 

Happy for Gio. 

Also, any rumors is a Ferrari seat will open up? 

Yeah but a lot depends on whether or not Red Bull deem Albon good enough and decide to keep him at RB next season. If they send him back to Toro Rosso you'll have three drivers fighting for two seats there. Given that Kvyat has no future at Red Bull and is only filling the seat until one of their youngsters makes it to F1 anyway, I can well see him losing it if it comes to that. 

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah but a lot depends on whether or not Red Bull deem Albon good enough and decide to keep him at RB next season. If they send him back to Toro Rosso you'll have three drivers fighting for two seats there. Given that Kvyat has no future at Red Bull and is only filling the seat until one of their youngsters makes it to F1 anyway, I can well see him losing it if it comes to that. 

Yikes. I feel like Kvyat has had a good year too. It would be crazy to see him without a seat next year. 

I'll tell you, as this is my first season really watching, there seems to always be something going on to talk about/discuss. It's absolute chaos, and I love it. I know I jumped on the Renault bandwagon since they are French and they have Riccardo, but they are seriously the most boring team this year, which is why I think they are bringing in Ocon (plus he's French). What a *yawn* fest they are though as a team.....

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

And Cyril is a cunt. 

untitled-459k86.gif

I kind of like Cyril, even though it's a bit shabby that he drops Hulk who he called "World Champion material" a few months prior. But Ocon is the cheaper and frenchier option xD

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

untitled-459k86.gif

I kind of like Cyril, even though it's a bit shabby that he drops Hulk who he called "World Champion material" a few months prior. But Ocon is the cheaper and frenchier option xD

Every time he talks, I just feel like he's lying. Very punchable face as well. 

Archived