talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Isco - Premier League Bound?

1488188247_170391_1488188380_noticia_nor

There is all sorts of speculation surrounding Real Madrid CF ever since Ajax spanked them 1-4 in the Santiago Bernabéu and ending a 3 year reign as kings of Europe. Sacred cows ("Vacas Sagradas"), meaning heavyweights in the squad have been targeted as possible victims of a possible end to an era and even though Isco Alarcón hasn't been one of the players criticised or selected by the media and fans, he is known to have a history of feeling unsettled at the club but continuing to finally sign contract extensions.

His buy-out clause is forbidding at €650m (€970m if Barça want him) and this is where the latest news is a reason to make the headlines... The rumours are that Isco has managed to convince the club to listen to any interest from select clubs around Europe and to negotiate without quoting the buy-out clause.

With the more than possible arrival of Eden Hazard from Chelsea, Isco doesn't want to share anymore playing time with anybody or simply just being part of rotations.

So who could it be?

Some are suggesting a swap with Hazard seeing as Chelsea would need a player of this type and they are involved in a ban. Could a swap be the loophole in the ban and manage to get one of Europe's eternally most sought after midfielders?

Liverpool have popped up recently in the Spanish sports press as actually having enquired as to the possibility of Isco being made available for negotiations and not to be thrown into the crazy buy-out clause.

Barbie football club, Paris Saint-Germain always get a mention when very expensive footballers are thrown into speculation arena. But that would surely be Isco throwing away his career and just looking for an easy life and earning big money which he does now anyway.

German powerhouses Bayern Munich are returning with receipt in hand and warrenty still in effect, the faulty Colombian James Rodríguez... Apparently he doesn't deliver what's mentioned in the description at the time of "purchase"... Could they go in for Isco? Their name is certainly in there.

FC Barcelona are obviously being mentioned in most of the articles this week but of course, Barça are involved in various very expensive transfers already and any action taken for Isco is forbidding... Plus Real Madrid would surely direct them to the buy-out clause with a special price included just for Barcelona. Isco is a known Barcelona fan, but that train passed surely.

Finally... Arsenal who are in dire need of quality! 😂 Ok, I know, haha... But there was a time when we were connected to players like these.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

A swap surely isn't a loophole. Chelsea physically aren't allowed to buy anyone so that theory is out of the window.

Can see Liverpool being a realistic option - would he replace one of the front 3 though? 

If anyone doesn't want their career to turn in to a laughing stock (Neymar being the prime example) then PSG should be avoided at all costs.

Barcelona won't go for him. Not as soon as that transfer fee/buy-out clause is shoved in their faces xD

What about Juve? Could Ronaldo have a say and persuade Isco?

We talk about those clubs above and then Man City come in with their offer and the deal is done!

Realistically, maybe Man City or Liverpool are best options. Spurs perhaps if they are financially backed this time? Maybe they won't spend so much on just one player though. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

A swap surely isn't a loophole. Chelsea physically aren't allowed to buy anyone so that theory is out of the window.

Can see Liverpool being a realistic option - would he replace one of the front 3 though? 

If anyone doesn't want their career to turn in to a laughing stock (Neymar being the prime example) then PSG should be avoided at all costs.

Barcelona won't go for him. Not as soon as that transfer fee/buy-out clause is shoved in their faces xD

What about Juve? Could Ronaldo have a say and persuade Isco?

We talk about those clubs above and then Man City come in with their offer and the deal is done!

Realistically, maybe Man City or Liverpool are best options. Spurs perhaps if they are financially backed this time? Maybe they won't spend so much on just one player though. 

Yeah, Man City should definitely be in there with known admirer Guardiola surely being interested especially as David Silva reaches his final moments.

Juve has been constantly mentioned but they already have a crazy wage problem in recent seasons. Unless they get rid of a couple of names, Isco must surely be forbidding.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, Man City should definitely be in there with known admirer Guardiola surely being interested especially as David Silva reaches his final moments.

Juve has been constantly mentioned but they already have a crazy wage problem in recent seasons. Unless they get rid of a couple of names, Isco must surely be forbidding.

If Dybala goes to Atletico, might free a space up. Don't think he'd leave though.

Mandzukic isn't getting much younger...

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

If Dybala goes to Atletico, might free a space up. Don't think he'd leave though.

Mandzukic isn't getting much younger...

I don't think Mandžukić is a big part of their major wage issues from what I've read. But yeah, it would give thek some scope to look at certain things. Curiously Manzdžukić moved from Atleti to Juve didn't he?

Atlético Madrid have money to spend even without sales and what they'll reap in from Griezmann leaving, but with Simeone being a particularly different type of coach, it's all about finding the right replacement for his vision on what he wants on the field.

I used to like him when he was at Malaga. Can he play in the midfield three? Can he develop like Silva, who went from a wide forward to a creative central midfielder? Otherwise he would only get a bit part role behind our front three. I doubt whether he will be okay with that. 

38 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I used to like him when he was at Malaga. Can he play in the midfield three? Can he develop like Silva, who went from a wide forward to a creative central midfielder? Otherwise he would only get a bit part role behind our front three. I doubt whether he will be okay with that. 

He doesn't play as a forward, he's a midfielder. But an attacking midfielder like Iniesta which in Spain is called an "interior".  In my personal opinion he is the closest thing presently playing to Andrés Iniesta and I don't think you have anything as creative as him on your books. Trust me, he'd be a first team player anywhere because that's what he'd be at Barça without a doubt but they can't have him and any buying club would be forced to include a clause of no sale to Barcelona.

Can see us looking at either him or Asensio now with Ruben injured. 

Just a matter if either of them are willing to wait until our transfer ban gets frozen, which reports sounds like it will come end of July. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

This is the kind of signing we should be going in for mainly due to the fact that we could use some creativity in our midfield to offset the high work-rate we possess. Having him play as someone who comes in from the wings or even as a central/attacking midfielder would bring back what Coutinho used to offer us just with a smarter player as well. This guy is also dying to prove himself and with a team that has a faster attack he'd thrive. Klopp certainly rates him but that price is a worrying factor, last I heard they were asking 100m for him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Barkley off to West Ham on loan after Chelsea realise he's bang average and go after actual footballers instead just like literally every Everton fan predicted when he left. Love a bit of karma xD.

I told you Barkley was absolute dogshit way before he moved to Chelsea but you wasnt having it. 

• The topic was locked

Archived