talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mario Mandžukić - Man United

• Subscriber

They are having a laugh if true FFS, swapping Lukaku, 26 for a 33-year-old just to warm the bench, keep Lukaku  :rofl:

Quote.thumb.png.da6d5bbd2e42677699e1570f51ad6fab.png

Manchester United have agreed on a £6.2m-a-year deal for Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic, 33. The Croatia international will either cost around £15m or be included as part of a swap deal for United's 26-year-old Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku. (Mail)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RandoEFC said:

I'm guessing nobody in Italy has the rights to broadcast Premier League football then.

I think Lukaku will do much better in Serie A, his play is perfectly suited for it. 

3 hours ago, Eco said:

I think Lukaku will do much better in Serie A, his play is perfectly suited for it. 

Idk mate, he seems to have regressed pretty massively since leaving Everton. His best traits were, imo, his speed and athleticism. But he's bulked up in a way to where he's not looking anywhere near as fast as he used to be at Everton

14 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

They are having a laugh if true FFS, swapping Lukaku, 26 for a 33-year-old just to warm the bench, keep Lukaku  :rofl:

Quote.thumb.png.da6d5bbd2e42677699e1570f51ad6fab.png

Manchester United have agreed on a £6.2m-a-year deal for Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic, 33. The Croatia international will either cost around £15m or be included as part of a swap deal for United's 26-year-old Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku. (Mail)

The thing about Mandzukic is he'd offer something different to United... and while he's also declined in his last season with Juve (which might make him a terrible fit for a more physical league, tbh), he does have one of the best work ethics in football. And sometimes to right the ship, a player like him in the squad is just what is needed.

Having said that, he's past his best and our league is faster and more physical than Italy... so it's probably not the greatest idea.

46 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, slow, massive big lumps are all the rage in Italy :ph34r:

Strong strikers who can hold off defenders have a history of reeking havoc in serie A.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Ole really has no clue. Lukaku may not be great but this makes no sense for Man U at all. 

It may not be anything to do with Ole to be fair.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Strong strikers who can hold off defenders have a history of reeking havoc in serie A.

Except he can't do that and doesn't play that way. The guy is a immobile poacher with an elephant's touch.  Besides those sort of players have wracked havoc everywhere.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

I’d say Lukaku is still rapid, just lost his touch after putting on so much muscle. 

He never found his touch. Do you not remember a teenage Lukaku rampaging down the wings at Chelsea?

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I would imagine being able to dribble past a few defenders requires a good touch 

The two aren't inclusive at all. Being able to control the ball in a dribble isn't equivalent to receiving the ball from a pass.

50 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

How has Woodward still got a job?

To be fair I really like Mandzukic, but at 33 I'm not sure it's really the right time for him to be coming to the Prem. 

For me it's all about Man Utd fans asking the question why a club this size and its historic status is buying cast-offs or as is known in the business... Rejects!

It may sound harsh but trust me, I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to look to aim a sly blow at the club due to the fact that anyone that doesn't respect that entity and calls themselves a football fan is a frivolous fool.

But that's the direction the club have ended up having to go on and it's all due to how they failed in every single aspect from coaches appointed to players signed since Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down. Absolutely every move had nothing to do with the previous move made. Now they find themselves in the position where premium players reject a move there unless they get paid stupid amounts of money in the same fashion that clubs with no genuine history like PSG function.

What is Mario Mandžukić doing going to Manchester United at the age of 33?

Also take into account that they're selling another of the mistakes made since SAF retired.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

How has Woodward still got a job?

It's just a rumour at the moment. There may be absolutely nothing in it and just lazy paper-talk, intensified given that it's deadline day and United will be losing a striker.

Woodward may not have even spoken to Juve about this to be fair. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

For me it's all about Man Utd fans asking the question why a club this size and its historic status is buying cast-offs or as is known in the business... Rejects!

It may soubd harsh but trust me, I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to look to aim a sly blow at the club due to the fact that anyone that doesn't respect that entity and calls themselves a football fan is a frivolous fool.

But that's the direction the club have ended up having to go on and it's all due to how they failed in every single aspect from coaches appointed to players signed since Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down. Absolutely every move had nothing to do with the previous move made. Now they find themselves in the position where premium players reject a move there unless they get paid stupid amounts of money in the same fashion that clubs with no genuine history like PSG function.

What is Mario Mandžukić doing going to Manchester United at the age of 33?

Also take into account that they're selling another of the mistakes made since SAF retired.

Indeed this stems from Woodward who has been a horrendous failure and reminds me of a certain someone we had in charge, but he is even worse. He has been there since Fergie left and in the 6 seasons he has overseen they have finished in the top 4 twice! Shocking transfer business and 4 different managers so far and things are getting worse. 

Honestly if you put any sort of competent CEO in charge United would easily compete with City and Liverpool. They have everything you need to succeed. The Glazers surely have to step in now and get rid of and replace this broken structure. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

It's just a rumour at the moment. There may be absolutely nothing in it and just lazy paper-talk, intensified given that it's deadline day and United will be losing a striker.

Woodward may not have even spoken to Juve about this to be fair. 

It has nothing to do with Mandzukic, as I said I really like him as a player but they're selling Lukaku for £75m and that's the answer? It's a dig in general, it's been another absolute disaster class of a window by Woodward. 

• The topic was locked

Archived