talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Coppa Italia

football forum

• Administrator

Biraghi's crossing has been excellent, just no-one getting on the end of it. Koulibaly and Maksimovic really have defended well though.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

To be honest, he was more likely to win a trophy at Inter than Spurs. 

Spurs are nowhere near the league. Inter still have a shot even though Juve will end up winning it.

And what cups are Spurs still in before today? Nothing.

It's not like he left a club that is now winning trophies...

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

To be honest, he was more likely to win a trophy at Inter than Spurs. 

Spurs are nowhere near the league. Inter still have a shot even though Juve will end up winning it.

And what cups are Spurs still in before today? Nothing.

It's not like he left a club that is now winning trophies...

Maybe but it’s a bit silly to say that right after losing a Champions League final.

Maybe he knew that generations time was up.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Maybe but it’s a bit silly to say that right after losing a Champions League final.

Maybe he knew that generations time was up.

Huh? He joined Inter in January?

15 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Napoli vs Juve today.

I hope we win, would be the first trophy since 2014 if I recall correctly? (not counting supercups since those are just a game rather than a full out tournament)

Wasn't aware you were a Napoli fan like that. 

Just now, Stan said:

Napoli. 

I'd rather they win than Juve to be honest. 

Yeah - I figured that out. Honestly had no idea. 

I'm obviously hoping Napoli win, although it doesn't feel great going for them. 

If the Semi-Finals are anything to go by, would expect Napoli to win this. Either way, having these 'showpiece' games at the start of this period has looked a poor choice. The intensity in the two semis was low and clearly they need more games to be up to speed.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

If the Semi-Finals are anything to go by, would expect Napoli to win this. Either way, having these 'showpiece' games at the start of this period has looked a poor choice. The intensity in the two semis was low and clearly they need more games to be up to speed.

I thought Napoli vs Inter started off quite quickly. Expectedly though the 2nd half did peter out in to a training session. 

As I said, I'm a bit out of touch with Napoli but it's good to see Koulibaly, Zielinski and Mertens are still consistent.

Intrigued to see if Maksimovic has improved at all since the Sarri days.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Intrigued to see if Maksimovic has improved at all since the Sarri days.

Was great on Saturday night against Inter.

ESPN commentator "Could you believe Mertens was only a sub with Rafa? He came on with Sarri and scored 30 goals"

Looks like some people have short memories. While I think Rafa did a god awful job at Napoli, he was right in not having Mertens starting back then because Higuain wasn't the fat shit he is today. He was a genuine world class striker and one of the best finishers on earth.

Fucking hell Maksimovic. That would have been one of the better goals I've seen this season. Hate that Buffon had to show up.

Nutmeg-elastico it looked like. What's incredible is Mertens pulled off a move almost identical just a few seconds prior.

We really should be winning. We've had the only dangerous chances all game. Though Juve do have all the ball, they haven't done a whole lot with it. Ronaldo's lost so much pace it's unbelievable.

Koulibaly also proving why he's the worlds 2nd best defender.

• Administrator
Just now, Inti Brian said:

Fucking hell Maksimovic. That would have been one of the better goals I've seen this season. Hate that Buffon had to show up.

Nutmeg-elastico it looked like. What's incredible is Mertens pulled off a move almost identical just a few seconds prior.

We really should be winning. We've had the only dangerous chances all game. Though Juve do have all the ball, they haven't done a whole lot with it. Ronaldo's lost so much pace it's unbelievable.

Koulibaly also proving why he's the worlds 2nd best defender.

Aside from those 2 close chances towards half-time it was fairly even and a bit cagey.

I don't think it's all that surprising Ronaldo looks like he's lost pace. This is only their 2nd game following the break and he's 35, hardly a spring chicken!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Aside from those 2 close chances towards half-time it was fairly even and a bit cagey.

I don't think it's all that surprising Ronaldo looks like he's lost pace. This is only their 2nd game following the break and he's 35, hardly a spring chicken!

There was also Insigne's free kick that hit the post, but I agree it's been cagey otherwise. Chances are few and far between.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived