The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Coppa Italia

football forum

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Juve kept Mertens very quiet.

Barely heard his name before he went off.

Same with Koulibaly and Ronaldo. 

Maybe not as effective as Bonucci has done with Mertens but I mean it's Ronaldo.

• Administrator
Just now, Inti Brian said:

Same with Koulibaly and Ronaldo. 

Maybe not as effective as Bonucci has done with Mertens but I mean it's Ronaldo.

He's done more than any other Juve player, arguably disregarding Bonucci as you say.

He's not Mertens' level of ineffectiveness tonight.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

He's done more than any other Juve player, arguably disregarding Bonucci as you say.

He's not Mertens' level of ineffectiveness tonight.

Yeah he's had some great moments in this game. That leap just a while back was insane and could have been a goal from basically a dead cross.

You can't disregard Koulibaly's performance here though. He's kept him at bay for the most part. If he gets the ball a lot and makes shit happen, it's because he's Ronaldo. It's very difficult to truly mark him completely out of a game.

CAMPIONI!!!!

That was a nice welcome back to Italian football. That's 2 Copa Italia's won since I've been supporting Napoli (was about a year off the one that Mazzari triumphed)

Players of the game have to be Koulibaly and Maksimovic. I also think the subs made an impact. Politano and Milik were effective (even if the latter missed a few chances). Justice served as Juventus didn't create a dangerous chance all game. Only one's I can remember were that counter attack which was collected by Meret and Ronaldo's insane leap near the 70th minute.

Also, Ronaldo didn't take a penalty. This "5th taker" shite is terrible. You're not guaranteed to get to the 5th taker.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Also, Ronaldo didn't take a penalty. This "5th taker" shite is terrible. You're not guaranteed to get to the 5th taker.

Yeah you'd think he'd learnt from last time xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived