talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Djibril Sidibe - Everton Bid

football forum

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been awful for the last two years, Monaco fans are delighted to see the back of him. Maybe he'll continue to be shit or maybe he'll do what Tielemans did and find form at a new club. I wouldn't be happy as an Everton fan though.

• Subscriber

Hopefully a loan with option to buy. He can cover for Coleman for a year and if he's shit when he plays we don't take the option. Kenny will be back next summer, hopefully he's ready to step up and challenge Coleman who will be 31 by then. If not, then we go back into the market if we have to.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Hopefully a loan with option to buy. He can cover for Coleman for a year and if he's shit when he plays we don't take the option. Kenny will be back next summer, hopefully he's ready to step up and challenge Coleman who will be 31 by then. If not, then we go back into the market if we have to.

Yeah loan with option to buy could be a smart move.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

He's been awful for the last two years, Monaco fans are delighted to see the back of him. Maybe he'll continue to be shit or maybe he'll do what Tielemans did and find form at a new club. I wouldn't be happy as an Everton fan though.

I prefer not to speak.

In all seriousness, it's genuinely quite a similar kind of scenario to Tielemans isn't it? I reckon this is an interesting signing if they pull it off.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I actually think yourselves and Arsenal have had a great window so far. Much better than previous windows. 

Have Arsenal actually done anything to improve their biggest weakness? Their defense is what holds them back, and I'm not sure they've done anything to strengthen it.

Everton have had the best window so far, imo. They've brought in good players in areas they've needed strengthening in - they're finally looking like a side building towards the future with a plan for the first time since Moyes left. Except now they've got more money and ambition than they had then.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Have Arsenal actually done anything to improve their biggest weakness? Their defense is what holds them back, and I'm not sure they've done anything to strengthen it.

Everton have had the best window so far, imo. They've brought in good players in areas they've needed strengthening in - they're finally looking like a side building towards the future with a plan for the first time since Moyes left. Except now they've got more money and ambition than they had then.

Yeah I agree. I just think Arsenal will have more than enough in midfield and certainly in attack to blow most teams away. 

A couple of good signings in defence and I reckon they'll be a real threat. 

I just don't see Everton anywhere near as dangerous yet. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah we've made some very exciting signings but it'll all be for nothing if we don't sort the defence out. Upamecano and Tierney would make this window perfect.

• Subscriber

It looks like the board/Director of Football have decided to pretty much finish the squad rebuild that hasn't been done or has been done extremely poorly done since Moyes left us with an ageing squad who's style of play was also becoming outdated.

If we get a centre back and a winger who are decent then we pretty much have two players in each position, one first team player and a very solid backup player, with a few young lads dotted around. If we go big on those two players this summer it will look like another mad spending spree to create a squad which will probably be sniffing around 6th place if that, but that should be the end of it really, as we will no longer be swamped with 30-32 year olds hoping we can just get one more season out of them. Coleman and Baines are the only significant first team players now that are the wrong side of 30, so for the foreseeable future, we should only need to spend on replacing outgoing players, who are probably likely to leave for a decent profit as most of them are 26 or below.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Yes, this one has been officially announced. Happy enough with it, we need some competition for Coleman at right back. Hopefully he's not bad.

Everton transfers: Djibril Sidibe signs from Monaco

_108235377_gettyimages-1166679168.jpg

Sidibe is Everton's sixth signing of the summer transfer window

Everton has signed France defender Djibril Sidibe on a season-long loan from Monaco.

The Toffees have the option to buy the 27-year-old on a permanent deal at the end of the season.

Sidibe won the Ligue 1 title with Monaco in the 2016-17 season and was part of the France squad that lifted the World Cup in Russia last year.

He has scored six goals in 114 appearances for Monaco since joining from Lille in 2016.

The defender will provide competition at right-back for Ireland international Seamus Coleman.

Everton manager Marco Silva said: "It is important to have different options in each position and with Djibril and Seamus, we now have two high-quality right-backs.

"Djibril has also shown to me he has a real desire to play for Everton and be part of the big things we are trying to create."

Sidibe is Everton's sixth signing of the summer after goalkeeper Jonas Lossl, midfielders Andre Gomes, Fabian Delph and Jean-Philippe Gbamin, and striker Moise Kean.

The Merseyside club remains interested in signing Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha before Thursday's transfer deadline.

They have also had a £30m bid for Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi and a loan offer for Manchester United defender Chris Smalling rejected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49269553

Quote.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.11ef14ccd651ffab1f0fc9f04029c9fd.png

French full-back Djibril Sidibe, 27, says he is "very, very happy" at Everton as the Toffees weigh-up whether to make his loan from Monaco permanent.

English forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 22, admits he is now "disappointed" when he does not score for the Toffees but has refused to reveal a goalscoring target. (Liverpool Echo)

• Subscriber

In two minds about Sidibe. We won't get many better options for £12m but if Coleman stays with us then I'd rather we tried to get Jonjoe Kenny to be the one who is competing for him at right back. In fact, ideally we would sign a quality right back even if it costs us a bit more and have him competing with Kenny at right back with Coleman moving on. I can't see us being ruthless enough to move Coleman on though so it's probably £12m for Sidibe and Coleman or just keep Kenny and Coleman. Would prefer Option B.

• The topic was locked

Archived