• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga 2019/20 - Week 1 Fixtures - 16th-19th August 2019

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems Monday night football is going to be officially cancelled for this season by the RFEF but the new dates and times still haven’t been released for the first games of the season. It’s expected it will happen today at some time. The LFP and the RFEF are still at war.

It was touch and go but Messi hasn't made the squad for Barça's visit to San Mamés tonight. The coaching staff don't want to risk him aggravating his calf injury even though he felt he was ready. Other players that have been dropped and don't travel are Arthur and Vidal with curiously enough Philippe Coutinho actually making the squad selection for the game against Athletic Bilbao.

Why has Arthur been dropped? If it's not because of a knock, then that is strange as he's one of the players who should be playing at every opportunity.

I'm guessing the midfield will be Rakitic, Busquets and de Jong with the front 3 being Suarez, Dembele and Griezmann. The defence will be interesting. Pique and Alba will start, but it's all to be revealed in who will start out of Sergi Roberto or Semedo and Lenglet or Umtiti. I'd personally go for Semedo and Lenglet.

4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Why has Arthur been dropped? If it's not because of a knock, then that is strange as he's one of the players who should be playing at every opportunity.

I'm guessing the midfield will be Rakitic, Busquets and de Jong with the front 3 being Suarez, Dembele and Griezmann. The defence will be interesting. Pique and Alba will start, but it's all to be revealed in who will start out of Sergi Roberto or Semedo and Lenglet or Umtiti. I'd personally go for Semedo and Lenglet.

There's been stories coming from the Barcelona based media that he's out of shape and has put on weight mate. Don't know how true it is but towards the end of last season he did lose his physical shape and was punsihed by being dropped.

Who has changed his tune completely is Dembélé who since the arrival of Griezmann everyone is saying he's completely changed.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

There's been stories coming from the Barcelona based media that he's out of shape and has put on weight mate. Don't know how true it is but towards the end of last season he did lose his physical shape and was punsihed by being dropped.

Who has changed his tune completely is Dembélé who since the arrival of Griezmann everyone is saying he's completely changed.

Griezmann is a big mate of his and sometimes that's what a person needs to truly settle in a new country.

His goal against Spurs is proper underrated for the record.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Griezmann is a big mate of his and sometimes that's what a person needs to truly settle in a new country.

His goal against Spurs is proper underrated for the record.

That's great because Griezmann is well known for joining in with all the groups in a sqaud. He's got a very very open personality.

5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

@SirBalon Aleñá with a start.

In fact, it's an interesting midfield:-

Roberto -- de Jong -- Aleñá

The defence and front 3 are as predicted though.

Well de Jong played in Bisquets’ position in the 4-0 victory against Napoli the other day and they were raving about it. It’ll be interesting to see in competition.

As for Aleñá... I’ve been wanting to see him start for a while.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Messi not playing is not excuse..

ONLY ONE SHOT FOR THE TEAM THAT SPENT ONE BILLION DOLLARS IN TRANSFERS OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS.

Truly fucking embarrassing from them, so much for the galactico team Barto tried to assemble, he still has a lot to go before he can even be mention in the same category as Don MF Perez. Forget Neymar, the need to get rid of Barto as soon as the ref blows the whistle...

Let’s play a game. 

Lets compare Barca’s and United’s spending these past 5 years, and also compared trophies won. 

I´d love to see the difference in Barcelona´s record with and without Messi under Valverde. 

Yes, Messi is the best player in the world and any team would miss him, but it´s quite bizarre the contrast when Messi is not playing, they still have a great squad and great players. 

I think Barcelona´s board has been too forgiving of Valverde.

Barca are dross to watch these days, no sort of idea or identity about them.

Bilbao let Barca attack them for too long of a period in that second half, I think if Messi had been playing they might have been punished. They started to push and press high about 5 minutes towards the end and were rewarded for it, with a great moment for Aduriz.

Atletico will win the league.

Barcelona are the new Real Madrid. They can't fix things simply by signing all the top players. They looked so rough tonight. The new signings aren't adapted yet and won't be with such a limited manager.

I thought Rafinha was good.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived