• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga 2019/20 - Week 1 Fixtures - 16th-19th August 2019

football forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Machado said:

Looks like he's gonna be one of those types of players you have to start studying vocabulary once again to search for different adjectives every week so as to not be repetitive.

Aside from the tremendous talent that he obviously has, he's also not shy and the transfer sum that's affected others in the past; "se lo pasó por los cojones".

Things like when these youngsters appear and actually provide the goods is possibly the greatest part of loving this sport.

36 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

I wouldn't be so blatant, but yes, up to this point it is not particularly good.

Hopefully after much practice Félix can develop into a penalty taker by midseason, because Morata gives me lots of doubts in that regard. Mentality-wise Félix looks to have all that it takes. I also hope his injury is not serious.

I would have thought Koke or Saul would have the steele to take penalties.

16 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

I wouldn't be so blatant, but yes, up to this point it is not particularly good.

Hopefully after much practice Félix can develop into a penalty taker by midseason, because Morata gives me lots of doubts in that regard. Mentality-wise Félix looks to have all that it takes. I also hope his injury is not serious.

Many brilliant moments to come when Félix and Costa get going I think.

3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Many brilliant moments to come when Félix and Costa get going I think.

I also think Costa is a better fit than Morata for the way Félix wants to play but I think that's the future task for Atleti to really make it all happen. It's not like they haven't signed great front men throughout their history and I would suspect that the technical team in the boardroom are already hard at work analysing that.

Apparently the injury were just cramps.

A closer look on the run that resulted into the penalty:

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

I would have thought Koke or Saul would have the steele to take penalties.

Better than Morata? I would say... yes. But I don't think they are ideal takers.

9 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Apparently the injury were just cramps.

A closer look on the run that resulted into the penalty:

Better than Morata? I would say... yes. But I don't think they are ideal takers.

Just cramps? That is concerning for a young player that is still growing. Alexandre Pato had a huge growth spurt in his late teens and early 20s that eventually ruined his career. The 10cm of height growth directly coincides with his knee injuries. 

Anyone would be better than Morata. Lemar, the supposed set-piece expert for instance.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Just cramps? That is concerning for a young player that is still growing. Alexandre Pato had a huge growth spurt in his late teens and early 20s that eventually ruined his career. The 10cm of height growth directly coincides with his knee injuries. 

Anyone would be better than Morata. Lemar, the supposed set-piece expert for instance.

I dunno, but short pre-season and Profe Ortega's intensive training methods may have some relation to it. In any case, the way he physically matures is going to be indeed a major factor concerning his career.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived