• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019

football forum

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Might as well bring Salah and/or Firmino off at HT to stop them getting injured. 

Fuck that we might need goal difference at the end of the season. Especially because we don't know how long our keeper will be out :(

Plus there's a lad out there from Norwich that fucking hates me, so I want him to cry

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

How many batterings from top 6 teams do Bournemouth take to finish midtable? I don’t think this proves anything yet other than Liverpool are gunning for the title. Any team competing with City will Ben handing these results out all season I think

Bournemouth have good enough players to play like they do and get reasonably consistent results. 

You can't just shrug off a 4-0 deficit at half time in the first game of the season. Liverpool and City won't do this to everyone this season. I'll be amazed if we see a team get such a 45 minute arse bashing as this for the rest of the season, unless its Norwich in the second half of this match.

Guardiola, Klopp, Poch play exciting football but know how to be pragmatic. Coming into a match like this and not changing your tactics is more up Roberto Martinez or Andre Villas-Boas sort of street.

I've been impressed by their approach and I'm sure it'll serve them well against the rest of the league but you have to try and be more pragmatic against the top sides. These players' confidence will take a battering off this.

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

A lesson for Norwich. They won't play like this against man city or any of the other top sides. 

It's like the only way they know how to play though. Attack with numbers and defensively lack organisation. Can see a team like Man City and Spurs, or sides like Wolves giving them a battering too. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Bournemouth have good enough players to play like they do and get reasonably consistent results. 

You can't just shrug off a 4-0 deficit at half time in the first game of the season. Liverpool and City won't do this to everyone this season. I'll be amazed if we see a team get such a 45 minute arse bashing as this for the rest of the season, unless its Norwich in the second half of this match.

Guardiola, Klopp, Poch play exciting football but know how to be pragmatic. Coming into a match like this and not changing your tactics is more up Roberto Martinez or Andre Villas-Boas sort of street.

I've been impressed by their approach and I'm sure it'll serve them well against the rest of the league but you have to try and be more pragmatic against the top sides. These players' confidence will take a battering off this.

I’m sure we won’t see a 45 minute spell like this but unless Liverpool go on and score 7 or 8 then we’ve seen results like this consistently. City constantly smash teams 5 and 6-0. As said Bournemouth constantly get smashed by 5 or 6.

They do need to change their approach a bit I agree but all Im saying is they don’t need to beat the top 6 to stay up, plenty of average sides mid and lower table that Norwich’s forwards could carve open. Plenty of gash in this division that play pragmatic football that they could compete with

With that said I have them as getting relegated 😂 But not necessarily Fulham and Huddersfield style 

• Subscriber

Norwich play some lovely football - can’t wait to see them against a lesser team. Some of that build up play first half was very pleasing on the eye. It’s the movement off the ball that has clearly been drilled into them and makes them so fluid.

Was excited to see Aarons but he’s looked nervous, Lewis has been better. Although that whole back four is all over the place and Hanley is an abomination. 

Absolutely foolish to be playing like this and they will get smashed at City, Spurs, Arsenal etc but not sure they can change it up much with these players and their style 

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You could replace Norwich with a number of other newly promoted sides in recent years who think they can get promoted and survive in the Premier League without adapting their tactics, 90% of them go straight back down.

Definitely something about them going forward but their defending has been dreadful and their approach is naive. It might get you credit from neutral observers to play like this but it also guarantees a handful of 5-0 batterings by top six sides throughout the season that prevent you from building confidence and momentum.

Can't make an overall judgement on them based on this and I'm sure they'll be successful against a lot of bottom half teams with this approach. The score here could look different if a couple of key chances had had different outcomes but chances are if you play a game that leads to a lot of chances the team with world class forwards will win comfortably.

How many teams from the bottom half of the table do you think will take points from Liverpool away at Anfield though? Not even in the bottom half, in the league?

We’ve even got them Wednesday and I don’t fancy us one bit.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

I’m sure we won’t see a 45 minute spell like this but unless Liverpool go on and score 7 or 8 then we’ve seen results like this consistently. City constantly smash teams 5 and 6-0. As said Bournemouth constantly get smashed by 5 or 6.

They do need to change their approach a bit I agree but all Im saying is they don’t need to beat the top 6 to stay up, plenty of average sides mid and lower table that Norwich’s forwards could carve open. Plenty of gash in this division that play pragmatic football that they could compete with

With that said I have them as getting relegated 😂 But not necessarily Fulham and Huddersfield style 

Pretty sure it's just Watford who get smashed by City all the time xD 

As for Bournemouth, they only conceded 4 or more goals seven times last season (it's still alot, I know). 

It was only Spurs/Arsenal/Palace that scored 5 against them last season. No team has scored 6 against them since Everton in February 2017.

• Subscriber

Utterly farcical. Tbh I'm not writing Norwich off on this but I did call them getting some absolute shellackings this year, but this defending truly is terrifying.

Weirdly though I've rated them going forward.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool have played well but this isn't them in top gear. They've just picked off Norwich. I'm in two minds, you don't want teams being negative but this is too naive. 

Don’t even think Liverpool have played well, they haven’t had to but have looked suspect at the back and first two goals were pretty lucky.  

5 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

How many teams from the bottom half of the table do you think will take points from Liverpool away at Anfield though? Not even in the bottom half, in the league?

We’ve even got them Wednesday and I don’t fancy us one bit.

None of the teams who finished bottom half managed it home or away last season

• The title was changed to Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived