• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019

football forum

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

2-0 and game over already. Norwich look decent going forward to be fair, but they've been a bit daft tactically with the number of times they've committed men forward already. By all means have a go but you need to pick your battle against a team who counter away well as Liverpool. Couple of unlucky breaks leading to that goal to be fair.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

2-0 and game over already. Norwich look decent going forward to be fair, but they've been a bit daft tactically with the number of times they've committed men forward already. By all means have a go but you need to pick your battle against a team who counter away well as Liverpool. Couple of unlucky breaks leading to that goal to be fair.

Yeah but if they score the first couple of chances they've had it's a different kind of game altogether. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

What a joy Norwich have been despite being 3-0 down.

You could replace Norwich with a number of other newly promoted sides in recent years who think they can get promoted and survive in the Premier League without adapting their tactics, 90% of them go straight back down.

Definitely something about them going forward but their defending has been dreadful and their approach is naive. It might get you credit from neutral observers to play like this but it also guarantees a handful of 5-0 batterings by top six sides throughout the season that prevent you from building confidence and momentum.

Can't make an overall judgement on them based on this and I'm sure they'll be successful against a lot of bottom half teams with this approach. The score here could look different if a couple of key chances had had different outcomes but chances are if you play a game that leads to a lot of chances the team with world class forwards will win comfortably.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

You could replace Norwich with a number of other newly promoted sides in recent years who think they can get promoted and survive in the Premier League without adapting their tactics, 90% of them go straight back down.

Definitely something about them going forward but their defending has been dreadful and their approach is naive. It might get you credit from neutral observers to play like this but it also guarantees a handful of 5-0 batterings by top six sides throughout the season that prevent you from building confidence and momentum.

Can't make an overall judgement on them based on this and I'm sure they'll be successful against a lot of bottom half teams with this approach. The score here could look different if a couple of key chances had had different outcomes but chances are if you play a game that leads to a lot of chances the team with world class forwards will win comfortably.

How many batterings from top 6 teams do Bournemouth take to finish midtable? I don’t think this proves anything yet other than Liverpool are gunning for the title. Any team competing with City will Ben handing these results out all season I think

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Fuck sake. I like Adrian but hopefully Allison is back pronto. He looked okay walking off so hopefully just a slight calf injury and off as precaution.

I know someone who walked off when they tore their ACL playing pub football

4-0 Divock Origi

• The title was changed to Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived