talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019

football forum

Just now, Stan said:

Someone has a very warped view of the south and is too stubborn to realise that all down south is not as it seems in his head xD

Just cos we live in the south doesn't mean we love The Sun or all vote tory xD xD

Utterly bizarre. 

You're defo a tory. Can tell. Aren't you a midlander anyway? 

I'm not anti South. Half my fambo is from down there. But it's not the same. None of the London clubs are anywhere near the size of the two biggest clubs in the country and whinging home county bellends aren't gonna change that. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

You're defo a tory. Can tell. 

So far from it xD

Not sure what you can tell from posts I've made which make you think I'm a tory. 

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Of course you'd say that, you're a southerner. Anything thst isn't dominated by london is alien to you. Spurs are a club who get undue attention, they've won less than real sociedad but last year people were saying you're as big as Liverpool! It's ridiculous. 

You read the sun and vote tory down there. You'll never really love football in the same way. Liverpool, Manchester and Glasgow are the axis of football powerhouses in the UK. No London club is anything like the same. Just take arsenal and Chelsea. Complained about their Europe allocation.. 

Then didn't sell it out 😂 

I don't necessarily agree with @Storts's take on how the media perceives us - but I do think we've been getting pretty good treatment from the press since Klopp's taken over (because the media love Klopp because he's charismatic and they love that)… but lol fucking hell, you ought to travel more, the amount of insanely appalling generalisations I've heard from you in just the past week is absurd.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't necessarily agree with @Storts's take on how the media perceives us - but I do think we've been getting pretty good treatment from the press since Klopp's taken over (because the media love Klopp because he's charismatic and they love that)… but lol fucking hell, you ought to travel more, the amount of insanely appalling generalisations I've heard from you in just the past week is absurd.

Aren't you from Merseyside? I'm surprised you don't know what I'm on about. Liverpool is not like the rest of England, for good or bad. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Of course you'd say that, you're a southerner. Anything thst isn't dominated by london is alien to you. Spurs are a club who get undue attention, they've won less than real sociedad but last year people were saying you're as big as Liverpool! It's ridiculous. 

You read the sun and vote tory down there. You'll never really love football in the same way. Liverpool, Manchester and Glasgow are the axis of football powerhouses in the UK. No London club is anything like the same. Just take arsenal and Chelsea. Complained about their Europe allocation.. 

Then didn't sell it out 😂 

What are you talking about? I’ve grown up in an era dominated by everything Manchester United, with Liverpool on the periphery and now taking centre stage. They can’t far more praise and coverage than Man City for instance...

I don’t think anyone in the world has claimed we are bigger than Liverpool, what a strange fabrication. 

I literally work for the Labour Party... another strange dig. 

Anyone criticising their fans for not making it out to Baku is barmy. 

Youre having a stinker here. Such a strange chip on your shoulder. 

Aren't you from Merseyside? I'm surprised you don't know what I'm on about. Liverpool is not like the rest of England, for good or bad. 

I do know what you're on about. But I don't think the media is consistent at all. They hounded Rafa for doing an actually good job, they loved Roy for getting us in a relegation battle. They all want us to fail, year in year out.

But that has fuck all to do with @Storts being from London. It's not even just the London press, it's also the Manchester press.

And yeah, Merseyside > the rest of the country.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

, the amount of insanely appalling generalisations I've heard from you in just the past week is absurd.

Not just this past week. Got a weird history for it as well. His head needs a wobble if he thinks I'm tory xD

Just now, Storts said:

What are you talking about? I’ve grown up in an era dominated by everything Manchester United, with Liverpool on the periphery and now taking centre stage. They can’t far more praise and coverage than Man City for instance...

I don’t think anyone in the world has claimed we are bigger than Liverpool, what a strange fabrication. 

I literally work for the Labour Party... another strange dig. 

Anyone criticising their fans for not making it out to Baku is barmy. 

Youre having a stinker here. Such a strange chip on your shoulder. 

Spurs fan defending his supposed biggest rivals 😂 Liverpool would have sold out, Manchester United would have sold out. Different leagues. London clubs are not the same and dint have the same support. Only clubs that do are in Glasgow. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know you won’t necessarily see it but I think if you do a poll of why people get frustrated by Liverpool (apart from keyboard warriors) it’s because of the media attention the club receives. 

They absolutely love Klopp you’re right though, it’s definitely helped. Plus the fact right now your team is so exciting to watch and generally the players are extremely likeable 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Spurs fan defending his supposed biggest rivals 😂 Liverpool would have sold out, Manchester United would have sold out. Different leagues. London clubs are not the same and dint have the same support. Only clubs that do are in Glasgow. 

Yes because I’m mature enough and level headed enough to take bias out of the situation and think pragmatically at the difficulties they faced in getting to what was an entirely unsuitable venue for a secondary final. 

Now you’re onto a whole new argument though ...Even though nobody is denying they are both bigger clubs. 

• Subscriber
Just now, 6666 said:

Artful Dodger doing his "I'm real. I'm from the mean streets of Hull. We don't wear gloves when it's cold." routine again? Classic stuff.

No, this is the honourary scouser routine  

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Artful Dodger doing his "I'm real. I'm from the mean streets of Hull. We don't wear gloves when it's cold." routine again? Classic stuff.

The sad thing is you can't even understand the point I'm trying to make. Ah well. You carry on thinking arsenal are even in the same league as a club like Glasgow Celtic. 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

No, this is the honourary scouser routine  

No. Just anti home County gimps who think their chosen clubs are even comparable to the true giants of English football. Of which, no London club is one. 

Only a southern ponce would defend Chelsea and Arsenal's pitiful fan display in Baku. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

I know you won’t necessarily see it but I think if you do a poll of why people get frustrated by Liverpool (apart from keyboard warriors) it’s because of the media attention the club receives. 

They absolutely love Klopp you’re right though, it’s definitely helped. Plus the fact right now your team is so exciting to watch and generally the players are extremely likeable 

I also think everyone hates us because there were 3 decades of us being the best team in the country and people probably grew up thinking "fuck Liverpool, fucking bastards always winning everything" (like I had to do for most of my fucking life with Manchester United and Arsenal... and now City) and then they've got kids and shite and they'll say that to their kids. And I've also seen the media hound Rafa for any little mistake he ever made, even in seasons where we'd pretty obviously improved from the previous year, yet have the media tell us that Roy Hodgson was treated unfairly and that he deserved his job at LFC.

In the Sky era I think Liverpool have played pantomime villains to Sky's designated heroes more often than not - and that's part of it. The manufactured drama is part of how they get people to care more.

And even before we'd won the CL, the media and pretty much everyone were quick to try to pile on the pressure onto Klopp saying if he didn't win anything this season, regardless of how much we'd improved, we should sack him (at the beginning of the season, not after we'd ran City all the way). So even despite the Kloppo love-in, the press has been ready to pull the daggers out.

The sad thing is you can't even understand the point I'm trying to make. Ah well. You carry on thinking arsenal are even in the same league as a club like Glasgow Celtic. 

I know Celtic aren't in the same league. They play in the SPL... o.O

Despite this big loss, I can see Norwich City staying up this season. They play some really good technical football. They just need to get their injured defeners back and they should wise up tactically a little bit more. 

We need to improve defensively. I'd bring Matip back in, he didn't do anything to be dropped. Played unreal last season and his cameo in the community shield was great too, definitely needs brought back in. Gomez needs to earn his place. 

We can and will be better defensively, I'm sure of that. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Rick said:

We need to improve defensively. I'd bring Matip back in, he didn't do anything to be dropped. Played unreal last season and his cameo in the community shield was great too, definitely needs brought back in. Gomez needs to earn his place. 

We can and will be better defensively, I'm sure of that. 

But Gomez  is only going to get better with consistent games and since he has a higher ceiling I think it’s worth sticking with him. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Despite this big loss, I can see Norwich City staying up this season. They play some really good technical football. They just need to get their injured defeners back and they should wise up tactically a little bit more. 

Not sure they'll stay up on this display. They definitely need to shore up the defence. Any team that attacks them will get goals. 

• Subscriber

I think that game is exactly how I thought it would go

Comfortable Liverpool win with Norwich showing some of their fantastic football but without the experience or nous to play away at the big boys. 

Not the best start to the season for the neutral but just glad football is back 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019

First half statement from Liverpool then apart from one or two decent chances in the second half thought Norwich looked very good and contained Liverpool fairly well.. A good battling performance from them I thought and they look like they will be able to hold their own this season.. and apart from playing teams that they might not expect to get a result from the others are up for grabs.. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Not sure they'll stay up on this display. They definitely need to shore up the defence. Any team that attacks them will get goals. 

This isn’t the game to judge them on though. Wait till they’ve played 3 or 4 home games and a few away at other teams, then we can get a better idea. This game was a freebie

• The topic was unpinned

Archived