talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

I think that game is exactly how I thought it would go

Comfortable Liverpool win with Norwich showing some of their fantastic football but without the experience or nous to play away at the big boys. 

Not the best start to the season for the neutral but just glad football is back 

They'll be glad to get this fixture out of the way as well, no doubt. Only -3 GD from this after the way the first half went especially.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Stan, I can definitely see them conceding plenty if they defend as badly as they did today. But they will be up against easier opposition than Liverpool. I think there are at least 4 or 5 teams that look weaker than them in my opinion in the EPL.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

But Gomez  is only going to get better with consistent games and since he has a higher ceiling I think it’s worth sticking with him. 

Difficult because Matip has been a beast for a while. I love Gomez and I do think he's got potential to be a top class defender though. 

The thing to consider I suppose is that not every team is going to go all guns blazing like Norwich did. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Difficult because Matip has been a beast for a while. I love Gomez and I do think he's got potential to be a top class defender though. 

The thing to consider I suppose is that not every team is going to go all guns blazing like Norwich did. 

Yeah definitely. But for me when you have a talent like that you have to give them every opportunity to develop. 

Ha agreed funny thing to say after dicking them 4-1 but your back four will certainly have easier games this season 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Storts said:

This isn’t the game to judge them on though. Wait till they’ve played 3 or 4 home games and a few away at other teams, then we can get a better idea. This game was a freebie

I agree. When we came up and as a newly promoted team if we got anything out of the top 6 it was a bonus so this isn't a game to judge them on and they'll be glad to have this game done and dusted.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure they'll stay up on this display. They definitely need to shore up the defence. Any team that attacks them will get goals. 

Idk Brighton could try coming at them, but Brighton are shit in attack so it probably wouldn't be anywhere near as porous. Pretty tough to judge either side early on, imo. I don't think we looked fully fit, if that's the case... they probably didn't look fully fit, I think they were fucking nervous too which was probably compounded by that early own goal as well or that every time we went forward we looked pretty dangerous.

Good result, but a lot of the shine of it is taken off by the worrying injury to Alisson. Non-contact injuries are usually bad news, so I'm just hoping for the best. But he'd be a massive loss and while I think Adrian is probably a better goalkeeper than Mignolet… I'd still prefer to have the man who was basically the best keeper in Europe last season defending our goal.

Good that Adrian was able to come in when we were comfortable but he seemed far too deep compared to Alisson at times. He's going to have to change that if he's playing a few games if Alisson is out for a few games

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Good that Adrian was able to come in when we were comfortable but he seemed far too deep compared to Alisson at times. He's going to have to change that if he's playing a few games if Alisson is out for a few games

Yeah, he's not been attached to a club all summer though. So he's probably not had much of a pre-season at all, plus it's a new club and he's had just a few days worth of coaching. Sort of unideal situations to be throwing in a backup keeper, the only ideal thing about it was we were comfortable, as you say.

47 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Sounds like Allison has snapped torn calf muscle if Klopp's words are anything to go by. Could be months out. 

Notice that @...  has upvoted this post.......utterly pathetic.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Rick said:

Notice that @...  has upvoted this post.......utterly pathetic.

Always found it weird when people are happy/wish injury on a player even if it is a rival one. Especially when it's such an innocuous injury as well. 

But hey, what do I know. I'm from the south and don't understand football apparently xD 

Just now, Stan said:

Always found it weird when people are happy/wish injury on a player even if it is a rival one. Especially when it's such an innocuous injury as well. 

The sign of a cunt.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

But hey, what do I know. I'm from the south and don't understand football apparently xD 

I thought you were from Leicester, the Midlands? I know it has zero identity but attaching yourself to the south is a bit weird. 

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

The sign of a cunt.

Just gotta think imagine if it's Pickford having the same injury I don't think I'd see any Liverpool fans on here almost celebrate it?

I saw Liverpool Echo tweet something the other day saying how Sane being injured helps them out which was swiftly deleted after the backlash from it.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I thought you were from Leicester, the Midlands? I know it has zero identity but attaching yourself to the south is a bit weird. 

Attaching myself to the south? 

I live in Bedfordshire so make of that what you will. Not that will change anything in your mind but even so, I find it somewhat amusing yet equally weird that it bothers you so much where someone is from and why that should dictate what their thoughts on football are.

My original point was that there are no clubs in the south, or anywhere else in England, that come close to Liverpool or Manchester United in terms of size, fa base and impact. They are institutions in a way spurs, arsenal, Chelsea, etc can never hope to be. Only two clubs which rival them are the old firm. Back me up @Inverted you know I'm right. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Attaching myself to the south? 

I live in Bedfordshire so make of that what you will. Not that will change anything in your mind but even so, I find it somewhat amusing yet equally weird that it bothers you so much where someone is from and why that should dictate what their thoughts on football are.

Luton then?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

My original point was that there are no clubs in the south, or anywhere else in England, that come close to Liverpool or Manchester United in terms of size, fa base and impact. They are institutions in a way spurs, arsenal, Chelsea, etc can never hope to be. Only two clubs which rival them are the old firm. Back me up @Inverted you know I'm right. 

Was anyone arguing against that though? Show me where and I'll happily be corrected.

It was more that you dismiss anything or anyone not from north-west regardless of what is said. Even if it was giving credit to Liverpool or anything else. That just seems to go over your head which I don't understand?

Tbh I think it's the Irish factor in all the 4 clubs I mention. Glasgow and Liverpool are basically Irish cities, no matter which denomination and Manchester United started as an Irish Catholic club. No coincide they're the four biggest clubs on in the country with fanbase stretching across the world. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Was anyone arguing against that though? Show me where and I'll happily be corrected.

It was more that you dismiss anything or anyone not from north-west regardless of what is said. Even if it was giving credit to Liverpool or anything else. That just seems to go over your head which I don't understand?

Anyone who supports England is a fucking tit. So basically this whole forum.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived