Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

My original point was that there are no clubs in the south, or anywhere else in England, that come close to Liverpool or Manchester United in terms of size, fa base and impact. They are institutions in a way spurs, arsenal, Chelsea, etc can never hope to be. Only two clubs which rival them are the old firm. Back me up @Inverted you know I'm right. 

Was anyone arguing against that though? Show me where and I'll happily be corrected.

It was more that you dismiss anything or anyone not from north-west regardless of what is said. Even if it was giving credit to Liverpool or anything else. That just seems to go over your head which I don't understand?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Luton then?

No.

• Upvote 1

Tbh I think it's the Irish factor in all the 4 clubs I mention. Glasgow and Liverpool are basically Irish cities, no matter which denomination and Manchester United started as an Irish Catholic club. No coincide they're the four biggest clubs on in the country with fanbase stretching across the world. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Was anyone arguing against that though? Show me where and I'll happily be corrected.

It was more that you dismiss anything or anyone not from north-west regardless of what is said. Even if it was giving credit to Liverpool or anything else. That just seems to go over your head which I don't understand?

Anyone who supports England is a fucking tit. So basically this whole forum.

• Upvote 2

Okay, well thanks for that. Didn't answer any of the questions I posed and now we've gone on to national support xD

I bid you a good night as I cba to get involved in this one. Someone else can go :D.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just gotta think imagine if it's Pickford having the same injury I don't think I'd see any Liverpool fans on here almost celebrate it?

I saw Liverpool Echo tweet something the other day saying how Sane being injured helps them out which was swiftly deleted after the backlash from it.

That's because the Liverpool lads (and lass) on here are all sound and not massive twats. There's even me and @LFCMadLad talking about how fucking shit it is that Sane's out injured.

So only one conclusion to draw here, unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Storts said:

I think that game is exactly how I thought it would go

Comfortable Liverpool win with Norwich showing some of their fantastic football but without the experience or nous to play away at the big boys. 

Not the best start to the season for the neutral but just glad football is back 

Pretty much this. Even got the score. Utterly predictable encounter, dead as a contest after 19 minutes and pretty much went exactly how I thought it would. Man Utd v Chelsea would've been a better opener.

• Upvote 2

In fairness to Norwich though, they won’t be defending against sides that are as good going forward as us most of the time in the league.

Although on the other hand, you can argue that we kept cutting through that defense with players that still have quite a bit of rustiness and that aren’t fully fit yet. But the counterpoint to that is... it’s the first game of the season for everyone - so everyone’s aboard the same boat in that regard.

You can also make the argument that it’s good for Norwich to learn this lesson early on in the season and learn from it. But the other counterpoint is that they could have learned the same lesson by looking at the history of the league.

I think after the first match, it’s not likely we can really get a gauge on how good Norwich are or aren’t. And I think while they may have been the best side in the championship, I think most people would expect them to get turned over by any of last year’s top 6 (and probably Everton, Leicester, and Wolves too) on the first match of the season

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Bournemouth have good enough players to play like they do and get reasonably consistent results. 

You can't just shrug off a 4-0 deficit at half time in the first game of the season. Liverpool and City won't do this to everyone this season. I'll be amazed if we see a team get such a 45 minute arse bashing as this for the rest of the season, unless its Norwich in the second half of this match.

Guardiola, Klopp, Poch play exciting football but know how to be pragmatic. Coming into a match like this and not changing your tactics is more up Roberto Martinez or Andre Villas-Boas sort of street.

I've been impressed by their approach and I'm sure it'll serve them well against the rest of the league but you have to try and be more pragmatic against the top sides. These players' confidence will take a battering off this.

Funny as fuck this post! 

Brilliant xD

Upvoted everyone on this page.

Sorry for any offence caused.

Will donate £5 to the forum and send a full letter of apology to those affected by the upvote button.

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Attention and gritted teeth acknowledgement aren't the same as genuine respect. The London media despises the fact that all the London clubs are small fry in comparison to the two great North West clubs and especially Liverpool. 

Post of the year :rofl:

Missed this due to a drinking appointment but seems like we didn't really get tested? From the highlights I saw it looks like we could have actually ended up with more than 4. I am just glad our attack looks like it never let off from the CL finals and we have our first win. 

Shame about Alisson but now Adrian can show everyone why the club chose him as the backup option.

1 hour ago, ... said:

Upvoted everyone on this page.

Sorry for any offence caused.

Will donate £5 to the forum and send a full letter of apology to those affected by the upvote button.

I don't keep myself up to date on the staff situation on here, but if you are a member of staff I'd find that truly baffling. You're one of the most childish idiots on this forum. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Tbh I think it's the Irish factor in all the 4 clubs I mention. Glasgow and Liverpool are basically Irish cities, no matter which denomination and Manchester United started as an Irish Catholic club. No coincide they're the four biggest clubs on in the country with fanbase stretching across the world. 

Celtic and Rangers are nowhere near as big as Arsenal you thick twat. They lose players to mid-table english clubs. Their worldwide fan base isn't anywhere near the size of ours either. xD

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Missed this due to a drinking appointment but seems like we didn't really get tested? From the highlights I saw it looks like we could have actually ended up with more than 4. I am just glad our attack looks like it never let off from the CL finals and we have our first win. 

Shame about Alisson but now Adrian can show everyone why the club chose him as the backup option.

Norwich had a few chances first half and could have easily had a couple themselves. But yeah Liverpool could have had a couple more at least too. It was a strange game really. Liverpool went into a 4-0 lead without being anywhere near their best.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

I don't keep myself up to date on the staff situation on here, but if you are a member of staff I'd find that truly baffling. You're one of the most childish idiots on this forum. 

Wasn't you called "Friend of Your Mum?"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shut up said:

Celtic and Rangers are nowhere near as big as Arsenal you thick twat. They lose players to mid-table english clubs. Their worldwide fan base isn't anywhere near the size of ours either. xD

They are mate. They'd take thousands to any cup final. Your fanbase isn't anywhere near the same. Manchester City can take players off Arsenal, doesn't mean they're as big a club. 

Celtic and Rangers are massive clubs. 

1 hour ago, ... said:

Wasn't you called "Friend of Your Mum?"

Indeed, but Ive never claimed to be Mr. Mature here. I also don't spit the dummy out when somebody is trying to have a simple debate (see Iwobi topic) and I don't take some weird pleasure in footballers getting injured just because they play for a rival. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Indeed, but Ive never claimed to be Mr. Mature here. I also don't spit the dummy out when somebody is trying to have a simple debate (see Iwobi topic) and I don't take some weird pleasure in footballers getting injured just because they play for a rival. 

Bizarre accusation, but OK. 

Just now, ... said:

Bizarre accusation, but OK. 

You upvoted a post that said he might have snapped his calf muscle. The post said nothing else, so don't try and play dumb.

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

You upvoted a post that said he might have snapped his calf muscle. The post said nothing else, so don't try and play dumb.

I consistently upvote people who post news, as quite literally it benefits the forum and keeps it ticking. You can go through my upvotes if it really bothers you so much (as it clearly does). 

As with the other night, I'll not respond and give you some time to cool down. No doubt you'll need me for something in the near future. 

16 minutes ago, ... said:

I consistently upvote people who post news, as quite literally it benefits the forum and keeps it ticking. You can go through my upvotes if it really bothers you so much (as it clearly does). 

As with the other night, I'll not respond and give you some time to cool down. No doubt you'll need me for something in the near future. 

How convenient 🤔

Didn't realise I was irate, how very thoughtful of you (OR, perhaps you've got nothing else to offer after being found out again) It's impossible to have any sort of discussion with you as you do this deflection act. And I have no idea what you think I'll need you for, don't flatter yourself. 

Just now, Rick said:

How convenient 🤔

Didn't realise I was irate, how very thoughtful of you (OR, perhaps you've got nothing else to offer after being found out again) It's impossible to have any sort of discussion with you as you do this deflection act. And I have no idea what you think I'll need you for, don't flatter yourself. 

You've been crying for a solid two days? Have you completely forgotten the meltdown the other day, that despite me saying twice I wouldn't respond you still posted trying to get bites? 

No problems about not realising you're irate too, it's hard to see it in yourself, I think that's the case for most people. If you could calm yourself though it'd be a benefit to the forum as a whole, it's Saturday morning and the football is back. Not sure where the negativity has stemmed from tbh.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ... said:

You've been crying for a solid two days? Have you completely forgotten the meltdown the other day, that despite me saying twice I wouldn't respond you still posted trying to get bites? 

No problems about not realising you're irate too, it's hard to see it in yourself, I think that's the case for most people. If you could calm yourself though it'd be a benefit to the forum as a whole, it's Saturday morning and the football is back. Not sure where the negativity has stemmed from tbh.

Is this the same conversation where you threw your toys out the pram and said "I'm not having a conversation with somebody who doesn't know football" 😂😂 

Keep going on with these deflection tactics, it really shows your maturity. Top staff material. 

Just now, Rick said:

Is this the same conversation where you threw your toys out the pram and said "I'm not having a conversation with somebody who doesn't know football" 😂😂 

Keep going on with these deflection tactics, it really shows your maturity. Top staff material. 

Yes, that's the one. I didn't throw my toys out of the pram though. You can see from my posts that I'm actually quite calm and haven't resorted to personal insults throughout my posts despite you making plenty. I think you're a decent poster, just fallen into the armchair trap that some fans do when they don't go the game. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and do feel free to drop me a PM if any of my posts confuse you like the upvote of forums news did last night. 

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Yes, that's the one. I didn't throw my toys out of the pram though. You can see from my posts that I'm actually quite calm and haven't resorted to personal insults throughout my posts despite you making plenty. I think you're a decent poster, just fallen into the armchair trap that some fans do when they don't go the game. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and do feel free to drop me a PM if any of my posts confuse you like the upvote of forums news did last night. 

Says this then insults me in the following sentence 😂 

I'll leave it there though, as there no talking to you about anything. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Says this then insults me in the following sentence 😂 

I'll leave it there though, as there no talking to you about anything. 

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, but if it's accepting my advice to walk away from the matter than many thanks.