talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Most memberships just allow you first dibs on the tickets before general sale don’t they? I remember that dependant on the amount of tickets bought that year, you’ve a better chance for the bigger games? That loyalty should reward you compared to average Joe that only wants to see the big games.

Arsenal Football Club have a four tier membership (or at least they did have but I think it still exists) where you have the basic membership where it allows you to access tickets on a priority basis and then a bronze, silver and gold membership which prioritises various things including where you would be situated on the waiting list for a season ticket if you haven't got one. Obviously each status membership has a very different price and of course prizes those with more money and those that spend more. Sign of the times unfortunately mate.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Most memberships just allow you first dibs on the tickets before general sale don’t they? I remember that dependant on the amount of tickets bought that year, you’ve a better chance for the bigger games? That loyalty should reward you compared to average Joe that only wants to see the big games.

Yeah but when your stadium isn't big enough there isn't a general sale too often. Loyalty should absolutely be rewarded in terms of getting first dibs on tickets but there doesn't need to be a £30 a year fee. It's just pure greed.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah but when your stadium isn't big enough there isn't a general sale too often. Loyalty should absolutely be rewarded in terms of getting first dibs on tickets but there doesn't need to be a £30 a year fee. It's just pure greed.

Ours are something like £75. An absolute disgrace.

• Subscriber
On 11/08/2019 at 01:22, LFCMadLad said:

More than 70'000 mate, much more. 

Unless you mean that were actually in the stadium?

There were hundreds of thousands on the streets. Spanish police said they have never seen anything like it. 

Chelsea and Arsenal fans just wave plastic flags. 

Hundreds of thousands xD Behave yourself.

As the only person on this forum that was actually in Madrid for this final I can tell you that's a vast over exaggeration. Both teams were very well supported no doubt, and thousands of fans out there without tickets, but you're going a bit over the top. 

8 minutes ago, shut up said:

Celtic don't even have a worldwide fanbase, its  basically ireland and Glasgow.  Nobody in africa, eastern europe or asia gives a fuck about celtic. xD

You’re joking if you think Celtic don’t have a worldwide fan base. Celtic are one of the best supported clubs in the world and in terms of numbers are bigger than Arsenal

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Hundreds of thousands xD Behave yourself.

As the only person on this forum that was actually in Madrid for this final I can tell you that's a vast over exaggeration. Both teams were very well supported no doubt, and thousands of fans out there without tickets, but you're going a bit over the top. 

Yes a very unbiased view from a Spurs fan. Spurs aren't nearly in the same league when it comes to fanbase and it's bizarre that it's even being considered.

1 hour ago, shut up said:

Hahahahaha

Imagine thinking ppl in Asia and africa are staying up early hours to watch celtic vs dundee 

Imagine thinking that is the basis of it all. Fanbase is about those who travel and go to the games. Arsenal are a big club, no denying it, but they're not on the level of the clubs mentioned. Neither are Spurs or Chelsea. I know southerners can't accept not dominating absolutely everything but when it comes to footy, they're not up there.

23 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Imagine thinking that is the basis of it all. Fanbase is about those who travel and go to the games. Arsenal are a big club, no denying it, but they're not on the level of the clubs mentioned. Neither are Spurs or Chelsea. I know southerners can't accept not dominating absolutely everything but when it comes to footy, they're not up there.

People from London are all the same. Think they've got a god given right to be the best at everything, where football is concerned though they are miles behind. 

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yes a very unbiased view from a Spurs fan. Spurs aren't nearly in the same league when it comes to fanbase and it's bizarre that it's even being considered.

Again - as the only person that was actually there... I'm certainly in the best position to judge, and hundreds of thousands is certainly not accurate. 

And why do you keep making up arguments that nobody is claiming? You're an extremely weird and bitter individual. Of course Liverpool's fanbase is a lot bigger than ours, nobody has even remotely tried to claim otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

People from London are all the same. Think they've got a god given right to be the best at everything, where football is concerned though they are miles behind. 

Some great London clubs and fans to be fair, it's not an anti-London thing. It's more your Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Berkshire types. With pretty much zero connection to the clubs that represent very poor, very deprived areas of London. Mainly vote Tory or claim to support Labour but hate any Labour party actually willing to challenge the economic dogma which has devastated this country.

• Subscriber
Just now, Danny said:

People from London think they have a god given right to bla bla bla

People from up north all have a chip on their shoulder bla bla bla

Do you lot never get bored of this shit? 😂 

It is incredibly dull and tedious. 

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Again - as the only person that was actually there... I'm certainly in the best position to judge, and hundreds of thousands is certainly not accurate. 

And why do you keep making up arguments that nobody is claiming? You're an extremely weird and bitter individual. Of course Liverpool's fanbase is a lot bigger than ours, nobody has even remotely tried to claim otherwise. 

You're the one who started this with your absolutely absurd shout that the press, largely based in London and a small bit in Manchester, is biased towards Liverpool. Liverpool are written about a lot because they have such big support, it's not the same thing. If i'm bitter then you're equally as delusional if you think any hack based in London has any love for Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

This is the problem with older fans like yourself, you are stuck in the past. Football is global now and you need to get with the times.  Worldwide fans arent always gonna be able to come and watch in london and it doesnt mean they're not fans, but while we're on this topic, after every match arsenal play there is a foreign fan on Arsenal fan tv, who has travelled thousands of miles to watch us at home to burnley. Even our US tour we had fans travelling thousands of miles to watch us play friendlies. 

Anyway, back to the point. A worldwide fanbase encompasses many fans who cant always attend. But there are two ways you can measure worldwide support, as these supporters will usually do two things 

1) watch their team on TV

2) buy their football top

If celtic have this massive worldwide following why are the viewing figures so poor for their games and why is nobody buying celtic shirts?

We obviously have totally different conceptions of the world, ones which are never going to be compatible. It's only football at the end of the day, so I'm happy to disagree.

Tbh anyone who’s watched Sky TV for the last 20 years and hasn’t seen a large Liverpool bias are joking, they love a Liverpool love in especially when it’s cup final day/week/month and they can roll out the soundbites and cliches. Klopp’s first against Sevilla was almost a celebration of their past European trophies and the game hadn’t even kicked off

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

There was 50k Liverpool fans just watching this ...

I'm not even that arsed but our support absolutely dwarfed yours, even if you were there. 

Just now, Danny said:

Tbh anyone who’s watched Sky TV for the last 20 years and hasn’t seen a large Liverpool bias are joking, they love a Liverpool love in especially when it’s cup final day/week/month and they can roll out the soundbites and cliches. Klopp’s first against Sevilla was almost a celebration of their past European trophies and the game hadn’t even kicked off 

SKY tv run by Rupert Murdoch, biased towards Liverpool FC? Laughable. Liverpool sells but don't confuse that with genuine affection. The pundits are one thing, but genuine power in the press isn't just about punditry.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You're the one who started this with your absolutely absurd shout that the press, largely based in London and a small bit in Manchester, is biased towards Liverpool. Liverpool are written about a lot because they have such big support, it's not the same thing. If i'm bitter then you're equally as delusional if you think any hack based in London has any love for Liverpool.

No I disagreed with you that they get a raw deal - they don't. They get a huge amount of praise, across all forms of media. But you're extremely bitter with a chip on your shoulder about the South in general, so it's to be expected. Going to leave it here, because these arguments you keep finding are very repetitive and tedious and nobody wants to read it. 

Just now, Storts said:

No I disagreed with you that they get a raw deal - they don't. They get a huge amount of praise, across all forms of media. But you're extremely bitter with a chip on your shoulder about the South in general, so it's to be expected. Going to leave it here, because these arguments you keep finding are very repetitive and tedious and nobody wants to read it. 

Yeah I agree, it's an argument that never gets sorted, just rolls on and on. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

There was 50k Liverpool fans just watching this ...

I'm not even that arsed but our support absolutely dwarfed yours, even if you were there. 

I'm not denying that either - it did, of course. But we had very good numbers out there and so did you - far more than were going to the game. I'd say Gonzo's original number for your support there was about accurate. And it was a brilliant spectacle, with great unity between the two fanbases. A lot of mutual respect. 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

SKY tv run by Rupert Murdoch, biased towards Liverpool FC? Laughable. Liverpool sells but don't confuse that with genuine affection. The pundits are one thing, but genuine power in the press isn't just about punditry.

Tbh my view is this:

Liverpool winning anything is a goldmine for Sky and the longer they do it the more Sky would prefer it

Sky would love a class of 92/Man Utd resurgence but in the mean time are happy for high profile managers to flop there as it sells

Spurs are a plucky underdog but Sky will do anything to sell their best players

City under Pep is peak Sky at the moment

Sky would love Chelsea winning silverware

Even Sky think Arsenal are a joke 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Incorrect. 

On 09/08/2019 at 21:06, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool never play well if you believe the English media. Just how they like it. 

Archived