The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019

football forum

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool never play well if you believe the English media. Just how they like it. 

What are you talking about? They get an incredible amount of praise for the way they play, justified praise, but praise nonetheless. Not sure how anyone could say anything else. Did you watch the pre match coverage to this...

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Norwich playing basically exactly the way Bournemouth do - it's commendable, but when they come up against us, City or Spurs.. they're going to get fucking destroyed.

This is the only thing I would say. Any time I see teams playing like Norwich have done today is that it plays into Liverpool’s hands. The first thing I think when Chelsea are playing Liverpool is that our players have got to take extra care in possession as you lot just set up pressing traps and it’s extremely difficult not to make mistakes on the ball.

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

What are you talking about? They get an incredible amount of praise for the way they play, justified praise, but praise nonetheless. Not sure how anyone could say anything else. Did you watch the pre match coverage to this...

They get a shit load of praise literally every TV game for starters!

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Attention and gritted teeth acknowledgement aren't the same as genuine respect. The London media despises the fact that all the London clubs are small fry in comparison to the two great North West clubs and especially Liverpool. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Attention and gritted teeth acknowledgement aren't the same as genuine respect. The London media despises the fact that all the London clubs are small fry in comparison to the two great North West clubs and especially Liverpool. 

This is a really strange opinion to have - and I don't really want to say anything stronger on the matter but it is truly baffling that you take this view. No idea how you've managed to reach this verdict. You've been living there too long.

If you ask a neutral the thing they probably despise most about Liverpool is the disproportionate amount of coverage and praise they get from across our media, whether that be print, broadcast or social. They have by far the most supporters/ex players etc as pundits and writers (apart from maybe Arsenal in the nationals) and certainly under Klopp get the genuine praise and respect that they deserve. I would say at the same time they avoid some of the scrutiny other clubs receive.

I don't see the point prolonging this discussion particularly in the match thread, but I am surprised you take this view, because I think if you go outside Liverpool you'd definitely be given a sense that it is actually the reverse and Liverpool have always, particularly in the SKY era, been given more credit than they were sometimes due. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just want Alisson to be okay :( 

Yeah, that's got to be a real concern.

Adrian was on the piss in Marbella last week, now he's going to be starting for the European Champions 

• Subscriber

Krul is absolutely awful by the way - such a weakness in this side. I know Marc had doubts about him last season, so to go into the new season with him still at number one is a worry. I think they signed a German keeper though so maybe he will come in to the side before too long 

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

This is a really strange opinion to have - and I don't really want to say anything stronger on the matter but it is truly baffling that you take this view. No idea how you've managed to reach this verdict. You've been living there too long.

If you ask a neutral the thing they probably despise most about Liverpool is the disproportionate amount of coverage and praise they get from across our media, whether that be print, broadcast or social. They have by far the most supporters/ex players etc as pundits and writers (apart from maybe Arsenal in the nationals) and certainly under Klopp get the genuine praise and respect that they deserve. I would say at the same time they avoid some of the scrutiny other clubs receive.

I don't see the point prolonging this discussion particularly in the match thread, but I am surprised you take this view, because I think if you go outside Liverpool you'd definitely be given a sense that it is actually the reverse and Liverpool have always, particularly in the SKY era, been given more credit than they were sometimes due. 

Of course you'd say that, you're a southerner. Anything thst isn't dominated by london is alien to you. Spurs are a club who get undue attention, they've won less than real sociedad but last year people were saying you're as big as Liverpool! It's ridiculous. 

You read the sun and vote tory down there. You'll never really love football in the same way. Liverpool, Manchester and Glasgow are the axis of football powerhouses in the UK. No London club is anything like the same. Just take arsenal and Chelsea. Complained about their Europe allocation.. 

Then didn't sell it out 😂 

• Administrator

Someone has a very warped view of the south and is too stubborn to realise that all down south is not as it seems in his head xD

Just cos we live in the south doesn't mean we love The Sun or all vote tory xD xD

Utterly bizarre. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 4-1 Norwich - Friday 9th August, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived