Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle

Head to Head Record:
Newcastle - 67
Draws - 38
Arsenal - 77 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always found the turning of backs to the pitch a ridiculous statement that shows a lack of intelligence for various reasons. But not turning up even if a season ticket has been sold already is as good a statement as can be made considering the circumstances.

22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I always found the turning of backs to the pitch a ridiculous statement that shows a lack of intelligence for various reasons. But not turning up even if a season ticket has been sold already is as good a statement as can be made considering the circumstances.

Is it as good of a statement? If I were Mike Ashley, I'd be laughing at people not turning up to something they paid for. He's still getting the money.

There's no easy way to turn up to a match and protest without creating a toxic atmosphere that'll probably be felt in the dressing room, so it's tough for Newcastle fans to turn up to a match and also put in a meaningful protest that won't lead to the club being in a worse spot than it currently is in.

But as for the match, I think Arsenal are gonna absolutely thump Newcastle.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is it as good of a statement? If I were Mike Ashley, I'd be laughing at people not turning up to something they paid for. He's still getting the money.

There's no easy way to turn up to a match and protest without creating a toxic atmosphere that'll probably be felt in the dressing room, so it's tough for Newcastle fans to turn up to a match and also put in a meaningful protest that won't lead to the club being in a worse spot than it currently is in.

But as for the match, I think Arsenal are gonna absolutely thump Newcastle.

They can't get a refund mate because the money is spent and not many are prepared to lose their season ticket slot. I have no idea if and how big a waiting list there is for season tickets at Saint James' Park, but you have to understand that detail.

But what does hurt the brand a hell of a lot is a half empty stadium if it's consistent enough. It will also hurt results but as we all know, there's a means to an end and at times harsh measures have to be taken to bring destructive entities into line.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They can't get a refund mate because the money is spent and not many are prepared to lose their season ticket slot. I have no idea if and how big a waiting list there is for season tickets at Saint James' Park, but you have to understand that detail.

But what does hurt the brand a hell of a lot is a half empty stadium if it's consistent enough. It will also hurt results but as we all know, there's a means to an end and at times harsh measures have to be taken to bring destructive entities into line.

They should unfurl banners demonstrate about how Sports Direct is fucking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite. Maybe accuse them of supporting slave labour (since they sell shite made in sweatshops). They've already paid Ashley, they're going to the match, hurt his brand because all he cares about is money. So damage his brand.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They should unfurl banners demonstrate about how Sports Direct is fucking shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite. Maybe accuse them of supporting slave labour (since they sell shite made in sweatshops). They've already paid Ashley, they're going to the match, hurt his brand because all he cares about is money. So damage his brand.

Hahaha I like the banners idea! Those that do go can do that and make it a double whammy by having a half empty stadium and then demonstrate their sentiments to the owner.

We all know how it went at Arsenal with match-day demonstrations... Many thought it was ridiculous. I know both things aren't comparable but we're talking fans sentiments here and it's not anyone's place to judge how they feel about their respective clubs.

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Arsenal batter you will it turn sour? 

Hard to say. Anyone going to this game has to be considered as a "support the team not the regime" type. Might be a few anti-Ashley chants then fans leaving early if we are getting beat badly. A lot of the more vocal and aggressive lot just won't be there.

Based on Arsenal's team news I'd be surprised if we do get battered though. No Luiz, Pepe, Lacazette or Ozil by the sounds of it. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

We haven't had a waiting list in the Ashley era. However the club also relaxed the quota on season tickets so we actually sold more than we ever have before under Rafa. Stadium was fairly full every week for him. Overall attendances will probably fall to 42-45k until and unless good results are delivered then we'll all come crawling back :4_joy:

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This has been done before but stadium security race over to tear it down. We even had leaflets once handed out before you went in and some stewards were taking them off people as soon as they got through the turnstiles, but obviously they couldn't stop much of it.

You have to be subtle for them not to touch your banner. Last season Gallowgate flags would make banners slagging Ashley off in Spanish so they wouldn't be removed :4_joy:

A bit worried about this one actually with all the players missing, most of our first team defence won’t play and both Pepe and Lacazette will probably start from the bench. I reckon we will go something like this, although I could see us going three at the back with our lack of defensive quality -

Leno

Maitland-Niles - Chambers -  Sokratis - Monreal

Ceballos - Xhaka - Guendouzi

Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang - Nelson

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

A bit worried about this one actually with all the players missing, most of our first team defence won’t play and both Pepe and Lacazette will probably start from the bench. I reckon we will go something like this, although I could see us going three at the back with our lack of defensive quality -

Leno

Maitland-Niles - Chambers -  Sokratis - Monreal

Ceballos - Xhaka - Guendouzi

Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang - Nelson

Good news for us then. If Almiron plays number 10 as pre season I reckon him and Joelinton will tear your knickers off :ph34r:

2-2

• The title was changed to Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal - Sunday 11th August, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived