The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea - Sunday 11th August, 2019

football forum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Looking like Sarri this. 

Lively off the bat then one individual error kills all of our momentum. 

Some good signs so far though. Good in transition, just lacking a real goal threat. High press has been good too. 

Not sure where the goals are coming from though to keep Chelsea within the top 6?

• Subscriber

Zouma is having a shocker here, but it is amusing seeing him judged on 30 minutes of action after having a very solid full season with us last season. Some players just work better in different surroundings, he doesn't look at home in this team today. Maybe he'll come good. As the match wears on, Chelsea look a bit anxious in general  which is to be expected, but a few sloppy touches throughout the side.

20 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Some good signs so far though. Good in transition, just lacking a real goal threat. High press has been good too. 

Not sure where the goals are coming from though to keep Chelsea within the top 6?

I think the goals will come from the entire team. We created loads of chances in preseason and just this first half we hit the post twice and had multiple attempts on goal. 

Bit unfortunate with the penalty but I love the energy from us. Our pressing and quick transition was a joy to watch, just need to put one of these chances away. Barkley and Pedro losing the ball far too many times. 

That’s called a total mess. Wow! A long time since I’ve seen a top end game as disorganised as Chelsea are here. Nothing to do with the score, it could be 1-0 and I’d see it like that. Lampard should think hard quickly or this could turn pear shaped in a way never seen before. 

• Subscriber

A big mess from Chelsea here. Zouma, Christensen, Azpilicueta could have done better on the goals. Also nothing to offer going forward.

Need Barkley to step up in terms of supporting the attack as Jorginho and Kante aren't renowned for their attacking play and I don't really know what Kovacic does.

Pedro poor today.

On United's side, some very clinical play, solid defensively, wouldn't call it anything special but it hasn't had to be.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A big mess from Chelsea here. Zouma, Christensen, Azpilicueta could have done better on the goals. Also nothing to offer going forward.

Need Barkley to step up in terms of supporting the attack as Jorginho and Kante aren't renowned for their attacking play and I don't really know what Kovacic does.

Pedro poor today.

On United's side, some very clinical play, solid defensively, wouldn't call it anything special but it hasn't had to be.

Solid defensively? I can remember 4-5 good chances for Chelsea, including hitting the post and crossbar. I reckon a team with better attackers would have dismantled Utd in that first half.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived