• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Franck Kessie Chooses Milan Over Roma

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I did not have Roma as being the club he would move to from Atalanta.

Ah well, still get to see him in Serie A.

Was also mentioned in this thread as one of the stars of the future in the league. 

A huge fee for a still very raw player. If it does go through, I suspect it could be the end of Paredes at Roma. Sad for Atalanta that they will probably be picked apart and unable to build on their success this season.

• The title was changed to Franck Kessie Chooses Milan Over Roma

Reports this morning is that the physical wasn't good for Kessie, delaying the transfer. 

A problem has been flagged up during Franck Kessié’s Milan medical, reports suggest, so the transfer is delayed for now.

The Atalanta midfielder arrived in Milan this morning to take the first part of his medical, ahead of an expected summer move.

However, Sky Italia is reporting that the initial tests at the Madonnina clinic have flagged up an unspecified problem, so he will be subjected to further tests this afternoon and tomorrow morning.

As a result, the confirmation of the transfer has been delayed, but it’s not likely the deal will collapse altogether.

https://www.football-italia.net/103383/problem-kessie-medical

Probably going to mean Paredes will stay at Roma now, if the transfer to Milan doesn't fall through.

Sadly, can see many more Atalanta players moving on this summer and a shadow of the team representing Italy in the Europa League next season.

18 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Seems as if it'll be a mere formality until he officially joins. 

At least he's still staying in Italy, I honestly think it would be way to early for him to up and go to England. He should be getting regular time with Milan.

Just now, ScoRoss said:

Should free up Milan to sell (or at least move on) some of their older midfielders who have been fairly poor in recent seasons. They need to build around Kessie, Sosa and Locatelli.

Isn't Sosa rumoured to leave?

32 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Isn't Sosa rumoured to leave?

25 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Yeah. Meant Jose Mauri not Sosa.

Sosa should definitely be on the way out.

I was just about to ask about Sosa, from the little I saw of him and what I've heard he's just kinda been a flop. A cheap flop, I think he was only like what 4.5 mil but a flop none the less.

Sosa is the classic 'band aid' signing that Italian clubs seem to make. A chunk of money wasted on a guy that as soon as they buy him, the club will still be looking for a better or younger player.

The two Milan clubs have made this type of signing so often in the last five years, it's part of the reason for their positions now.

8 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I was just about to ask about Sosa, from the little I saw of him and what I've heard he's just kinda been a flop. A cheap flop, I think he was only like what 4.5 mil but a flop none the less.

Yeah he was, rumour is he's going back to Besiktas.

6 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Sosa is the classic 'band aid' signing that Italian clubs seem to make. A chunk of money wasted on a guy that as soon as they buy him, the club will still be looking for a better or younger player.

The two Milan clubs have made this type of signing so often in the last five years, it's part of the reason for their positions now.

Agreed, Juve's been guilty of that this season with Rincon too.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

I love these long term loans with obligations to buy clauses. They're effectively extended term deferred transfer payments. This is the nonsense financial fairplay has brought to the table.

• 8 months later...

Archived