talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alex Iwobi - Everton Complete Signing

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Iwobi slightly improves on his shooting, he'd be just as good as Zaha. It's the only real thing missing from him. Good dribbler, good pace, works hard, gets into positions well and can play a good through ball. He'd be a good and much cheaper alternative for Everton.

With the purchase of Pepe and with Reiss Nelson looking to step up along with Martinelli, Smith-Rowe and Saka, it makes sense from our point of view to create a bit of space there.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

A smokescreen for the Zaha stuff, surely?

That's what people thought but seems genuine after all, and some saying that we want him in addition to Zaha which confuses me.

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

No idea Everton seem to be panicking a bit, seems as though Palace's valuation is far too high. They've also bid for Chris Smalling today. 

Wouldn't say panicking. There will have been a list drawn up and if Zaha isn't working out it's time to start going to option 2, option 3 etc.

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

If Iwobi slightly improves on his shooting, he'd be just as good as Zaha. It's the only real thing missing from him. Good dribbler, good pace, works hard, gets into positions well and can play a good through ball. He'd be a good and much cheaper alternative for Everton.

With the purchase of Pepe and with Reiss Nelson looking to step up along with Martinelli, Smith-Rowe and Saka, it makes sense from our point of view to create a bit of space there.

It relieves me to hear this as I've never really rated Iwobi but haven't seen enough of him to really know. A £35m deal for Iwobi would be a fairly underwhelming signing, though I do think he'd be an upgrade on Lookman, who he would be replacing, without a doubt, who we sold for £22.5m.

Still think if Iwobi goes for £40m or more the world's gone mad but then several players you'd never expect seem to go for that much now.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Bloody hell Ole, let them have Smalling on a freebie. 

We don't want to keep him. Just need someone to keep Jagielka's old seat in the canteen warm until we sign someone who can do that and also kick a ball around.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Really? I actually think Iwobi is pretty underrated tbh

I think he flatters to deceive at times. Can be quite useless in possession sometimes and take on his player too often then lose the ball. At other times, he gets in to decent positions, scores a few and finds a decent cross to assist. 

Hit and miss, let's say! 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I think he flatters to deceive at times. Can be quite useless in possession sometimes and take on his player too often then lose the ball. At other times, he gets in to decent positions, scores a few and finds a decent cross to assist. 

Hit and miss, let's say! 

He's definitely inconsistent, but he's one of the Arsenal players I've seen that seems to always put a shift in while the rest of the side capitulates. I think there's bigger problems at Arsenal than Iwobi.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Really? I actually think Iwobi is pretty underrated tbh

There is nothing different from him that can give the best teams a headache. He has sparse moments but that isn’t good enough. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There is nothing different from him that can give the best teams a headache. He has sparse moments but that isn’t good enough. 

I think we're one of the better sides in the league and he's turned up against us while basically the rest of Arsenal gave up...

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think we're one of the better sides in the league and he's turned up against us while basically the rest of Arsenal gave up...

Sparse moments mate. He has them but a big part of our problem are players that have moments. 

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Sparse moments mate. He has them but a big part of our problem are players that have moments. 

But you said he can't perform against the best sides? He's inconsistent yeah, but like you say... there are many more players that have the same issue. There's bigger problems at Arsenal than Iwobi, who's probably not even on as big of a wage as some of the other players that are at Arsenal where the same complaint can be leveled at them.

• Subscriber

Still think it's a bit steep :35_thinking:.

It always astounds me after having two entire months and knowing the transfer deadline is at 5pm that there still needs to be a system in place for clubs to have a two hour extension. Human nature at its finest 😂.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Still think it's a bit steep :35_thinking:.

It always astounds me after having two entire months and knowing the transfer deadline is at 5pm that there still needs to be a system in place for clubs to have a two hour extension. Human nature at its finest 😂.

Yeah it is. For once it's us taking advantage of another team's desperation xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah it is. For once it's us taking advantage of another team's desperation xD

Wouldn't say desperation, we've gone £5m over our opening bid. Then when its announced it'll be something like £33m rising to £39m with add ons.

• The title was changed to Alex Iwobi - Everton Complete Signing

Archived